Heavy Rain in Namibia

Yep! My guy is Namibia sent me photos just yesterday! Looks great!
 
Spike does that rain you ree getting in Zambia mostly end up below Kariba, or a good portion above?
The kafue goes in to the zambezi below Kariba near chirundu ...but a lot goes into the zambezi ...so both...lot of rivers in zambia
Just seen @Zambezi gave very good info...
 
Thanks Zambezi. The other significant contributer to Kariba is the Sanyati. What we are noticing is that the ITCZ is coming further down, currently sitting over southern Zambia and Kariba, and as a consequence maybe less rainfall over northern Zambia and eastern Angola. So maybe less flow down the Zambezi and more locally. The question is, will Kariba still get the benefit, or more to Cahora Bassa?

Kevin we are in the north in the copper belt....in straight line not really that far from DRC border, and I promise you we are having sh-t loads of rain....put some photos contrasting here on vanguards hunting report yesterday

 
Last edited:
Imagine the delight of the animals when this happens. Great cinematography.
 
Namibia is a genuinely beautiful place. Especially when it rains!
I’ve seen pics from friends of the grass there now and it makes me want to get over there.
 
+1 on that Philip. Anyone that can post a recent pic of Namibia, and the new growth? Appreciate it...........................FWB
 
Nam.jpg

Nam2.jpg
 
I've been twice to Namibia, both during the recent drought, on the way back in September to the Khomas region
Very Excited to see the transformation
 
Excellent scenery
Really beautiful
 
First time I was in Namibia the area was experiencing a long drought (2007).
Will be returning next week to within a few tens of miles of there.
I'm curious to see how much different it looks now.
 
Will be there in a couple weeks just NE of Okahandja. Been twice in Sept and so looking forward to seeing it green.
 
First time I was in Namibia the area was experiencing a long drought (2007).
Will be returning next week to within a few tens of miles of there.
I'm curious to see how much different it looks now.
Please some photos!
 
This, in my opinion, is 2012 or 2013, then there was a lot of crake. And in 2014, they did not return from wintering in East Africa: ( , I think-because of the drought, and so far they have not recovered in number. Crake refers to the "swamp trifle" and it is usually prepared together with snipe, etc., that comes across. But it has a less pungent taste of game, like waders. And it's not as fat as a quail, and about twice as big. Usually they are prepared simply: you remove the skin with feathers (or if someone is meticulous - pluck), rub with salt and black pepper and smear with mayonnaise. And on the grate over the coals. You can sprinkle it with white wine. Another option is to marinate in something sour, but do not get hot with acid - who does what, from sour milk and wine to tomatoes with sour apples. Then fry lightly on both sides in a frying pan in butter or with slices of bacon, cover with a lid and put out.

I haven't eaten any old boots, as far as I know, although I can't be sure - there are different restaurants...

Sorry, I didn't remove the logos of our club, is this a big violation? It's not commercial.
You may get banned......haha
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,572,994
Members
169,680
Latest member
lawyjawy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top