Heavy Rain in Namibia

Yep! My guy is Namibia sent me photos just yesterday! Looks great!

Spike does that rain you ree getting in Zambia mostly end up below Kariba, or a good portion above?
The kafue goes in to the zambezi below Kariba near chirundu ...but a lot goes into the zambezi ...so both...lot of rivers in zambia
Just seen @Zambezi gave very good info...

Thanks Zambezi. The other significant contributer to Kariba is the Sanyati. What we are noticing is that the ITCZ is coming further down, currently sitting over southern Zambia and Kariba, and as a consequence maybe less rainfall over northern Zambia and eastern Angola. So maybe less flow down the Zambezi and more locally. The question is, will Kariba still get the benefit, or more to Cahora Bassa?

Kevin we are in the north in the copper belt....in straight line not really that far from DRC border, and I promise you we are having sh-t loads of rain....put some photos contrasting here on vanguards hunting report yesterday

Last edited:
Imagine the delight of the animals when this happens. Great cinematography.

Namibia is a genuinely beautiful place. Especially when it rains!
I’ve seen pics from friends of the grass there now and it makes me want to get over there.

+1 on that Philip. Anyone that can post a recent pic of Namibia, and the new growth? Appreciate it...........................FWB

Nam.jpg

Nam2.jpg

I've been twice to Namibia, both during the recent drought, on the way back in September to the Khomas region
Very Excited to see the transformation

Excellent scenery
Really beautiful

First time I was in Namibia the area was experiencing a long drought (2007).
Will be returning next week to within a few tens of miles of there.
I'm curious to see how much different it looks now.

Will be there in a couple weeks just NE of Okahandja. Been twice in Sept and so looking forward to seeing it green.

First time I was in Namibia the area was experiencing a long drought (2007).
Will be returning next week to within a few tens of miles of there.
I'm curious to see how much different it looks now.
Please some photos!

This, in my opinion, is 2012 or 2013, then there was a lot of crake. And in 2014, they did not return from wintering in East Africa: ( , I think-because of the drought, and so far they have not recovered in number. Crake refers to the "swamp trifle" and it is usually prepared together with snipe, etc., that comes across. But it has a less pungent taste of game, like waders. And it's not as fat as a quail, and about twice as big. Usually they are prepared simply: you remove the skin with feathers (or if someone is meticulous - pluck), rub with salt and black pepper and smear with mayonnaise. And on the grate over the coals. You can sprinkle it with white wine. Another option is to marinate in something sour, but do not get hot with acid - who does what, from sour milk and wine to tomatoes with sour apples. Then fry lightly on both sides in a frying pan in butter or with slices of bacon, cover with a lid and put out.

I haven't eaten any old boots, as far as I know, although I can't be sure - there are different restaurants...

Sorry, I didn't remove the logos of our club, is this a big violation? It's not commercial.
You may get banned......haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg