Happy to be back

Forage&Hunt

AH member
Joined
Apr 17, 2026
Messages
47
Reaction score
109
Location
Gauteng South Africa
Member of
Natshoot
Hunted
South Africa
Greetings all.
I am just a simple sustenance hunter that has a background in Nature conservation. I have been an African plains game hunter for about 30 years and eat everything I shoot.

I still consider myself a newbie with so much to learn. Love fishing, hunting and 4x4 (land rover defenders - dont judge).
Cooking my venison has become a massive hobby and all hunts and cooking is dine with my wife and 3 daughters......i say why the hell not. I hope to continue this journey for as long as I can! looking forward to learning from you awesome ppl

Screenshot 2026-04-17 122148.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, and be sure and share some of your recipes.

JES
 
Welcome aboard!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH Forage&Hunt!
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Welcome Forage@Hunt! I have provided excellent and nutritious game meat for my family for 56 years! Your insight into African cuisine and the proper preparation of it is something many of us on AH will certainly appreciate!
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Greetings all.
I am just a simple sustenance hunter that has a background in Nature conservation. I have been an African plains game hunter for about 30 years and eat everything I shoot.

I still consider myself a newbie with so much to learn. Love fishing, hunting and 4x4 (land rover defenders - dont judge).
Cooking my venison has become a massive hobby and all hunts and cooking is dine with my wife and 3 daughters......i say why the hell not. I hope to continue this journey for as long as I can! looking forward to learning from you awesome ppl

View attachment 759895
Hello and welcome!

So what, in your experience, is the best eating PG animal? There is also a conversation going on waterbuck as table fare. What do you think?

Doug
 
Welcome to AH
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,402
Members
169,559
Latest member
ModestoShe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top