Gun or caliber you’ve never owned but always wanted?

flat8

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
For me, it’s a .300 H&H, hands down. When I had my .300 Win Mag built I agonized over doing a .300 H&H instead. The Win Mag is a great rifle that does everything I need it to, but it’s not a Super-Thirty.

Any Anschutz hunting rifle.

I would love to have two sets of double rifles.

For PG an O/U with 2 sets of barrels in 9.3x74R and 7x65R(I own combinations in these calibers but not doubles. Both fitted with scopes on QD mounts.

For DG a SxS with two sets of barrels in 500 3 1/4" regulated with ammo 570gr @ 2250 and another set of barrels in 500/416 3 1/4" NE. 416 fitted with Aimpoint H2 and regulated for 410gr load.

1.) Browning Hi-Power 9mm
2.) Cabela's Blue Ridge flintlock muzzleloader in .54 caliber
3.) .303 Enfield

That's the short list............;)

Hartmann & Weiss single shot stalking rifle in 7x65R. Have the 7x65R in a Heym/Ruger, but a sidelock Hartmann & Weiss ...............

As I get older I’m less enamored with having lots of different calibers and would rather have a nice rifles in a handful of calibers. A Blaser R8 is on the top of my list, and even if I have to go with an entry-level option I would like to add a Mauser or Sauer to my Steyr. Can you tell I like German rifles?

The exception to my general rule is that I’d REALLY like to have a double rifle in .450/400 one day. Heym or Merkel tops my list but I’m not going to be picky if someone would like to buy one for me!

Attachments

• Screenshot (443).png
    Screenshot (443).png
    434.8 KB · Views: 272
1.) Browning Hi-Power 9mm
2.) Cabela's Blue Ridge flintlock muzzleloader in .54 caliber
3.) .303 Enfield

That's the short list............;)

I’ve got a Hi-Power in 9mm. It’s the only pistol that I will never sell. Fantastic weapon.

I’ve got a Hi-Power in 9mm. It’s the only pistol that I will never sell. Fantastic weapon.
Almost as good as a quality 1911! (y) But I am of a different generation....... :(

a LH 275 Rigby. Maybe not this year, but perhaps next year. Probably a MRC AVR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois