Gun or caliber you’ve never owned but always wanted?

flat8

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
For me, it’s a .300 H&H, hands down. When I had my .300 Win Mag built I agonized over doing a .300 H&H instead. The Win Mag is a great rifle that does everything I need it to, but it’s not a Super-Thirty.

Any Anschutz hunting rifle.

I would love to have two sets of double rifles.

For PG an O/U with 2 sets of barrels in 9.3x74R and 7x65R(I own combinations in these calibers but not doubles. Both fitted with scopes on QD mounts.

For DG a SxS with two sets of barrels in 500 3 1/4" regulated with ammo 570gr @ 2250 and another set of barrels in 500/416 3 1/4" NE. 416 fitted with Aimpoint H2 and regulated for 410gr load.

1.) Browning Hi-Power 9mm
2.) Cabela's Blue Ridge flintlock muzzleloader in .54 caliber
3.) .303 Enfield

That's the short list............;)

Hartmann & Weiss single shot stalking rifle in 7x65R. Have the 7x65R in a Heym/Ruger, but a sidelock Hartmann & Weiss ...............

As I get older I’m less enamored with having lots of different calibers and would rather have a nice rifles in a handful of calibers. A Blaser R8 is on the top of my list, and even if I have to go with an entry-level option I would like to add a Mauser or Sauer to my Steyr. Can you tell I like German rifles?

The exception to my general rule is that I’d REALLY like to have a double rifle in .450/400 one day. Heym or Merkel tops my list but I’m not going to be picky if someone would like to buy one for me!

Attachments

• Screenshot (443).png
    Screenshot (443).png
    434.8 KB · Views: 272
1.) Browning Hi-Power 9mm
2.) Cabela's Blue Ridge flintlock muzzleloader in .54 caliber
3.) .303 Enfield

That's the short list............;)

I’ve got a Hi-Power in 9mm. It’s the only pistol that I will never sell. Fantastic weapon.

I’ve got a Hi-Power in 9mm. It’s the only pistol that I will never sell. Fantastic weapon.
Almost as good as a quality 1911! (y) But I am of a different generation....... :(

a LH 275 Rigby. Maybe not this year, but perhaps next year. Probably a MRC AVR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg