Gun control???

@Royal27 Hmmmm another interesting thing about your chart is it certainly appears that the peaks of violence occur during eras when there is a Democrat in the Whitehouse then fall during a Republican administration, just saying.........

@Royal27 Hmmmm another interesting thing about your chart is it certainly appears that the peaks of violence occur during eras when there is a Democrat in the Whitehouse then fall during a Republican administration, just saying.........

ehh....

That's overly simplified. Clinton was President from 93--01 as one example.

ehh....

That's overly simplified. Clinton was President from 93--01 as one example.
I agree but there does appear to be a trend and Columbine happened on Clinton’s watch and that was during the Brady bill

Islands of gun control obviously don't work.
Can't exclude some of the nuts in your country to screw with the stats. That's cheating. ;)
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is intriguing, but what they conceal is vital...

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is intriguing, but what they conceal is vital...

this might be my new favorite quote..

we have arguments/discussions/debates over studies, statistical analysis, etc.. regularly at work.. and are constants challenging the validity of information we are looking at or whether or not it applies to whatever we are trying to make a decision over..

I think I'll throw this quote on the table the next time one of those type of chats occur :)

As per table attached, murder rate per 100.000, it seams that 15 696 Americans gets murdered .

15,000 out of 100,000 - makes 15%.
This number is not logical, it is like war zone, so my guess the number is not realistic. Simply it is impossible.

Sadly, with that screen shot you could not see the column titles. So, I can see how you might leap to that conclusion.

The rates, as noted are per 100,000 population.
or 4.88/100,000
and a therefore a total population of 321,639,344 (Sounds about right for the USA)

15,696/321,639,344 will allow you to derive the percentage of Americans reported murdered.

Hope that clears that one up. :)

And doesn't support the agenda.

Double whammy!
That’s the deal. Only report what supports the bias. Ignore everything else.

A personal note on the subject. The first Christmas we were married my wife bought me a semi-auto .308. She got it at Davis Hardware for those familiar with Austin. She gave them her money, they handed her the rifle and she left store. She walked up Congress Ave. carrying it. No problem. This was several years after Charles Whitman in the UT tower. Can you imagine what would happen if someone tried this today? SWAT at the very least. In my opinion, in the last 50 or so years we have lost our moral compass. I believe this to be true for us all not just the U.S. ( 2 cents rendered)

Is CNN out to lunch with this statement?
Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.24.11 PM.png

If not, damn.

View attachment 229672

If not, damn.

Do you include the drug deal that goes bad when the meet up point was the school parking lot at 11pm.

Do you include the gang gunfight at 2am in Chicago that takes place a block from a school but one of the stray bullets hits the school building

CNN may be useing accurate info but it is also misleading.:sneaky: Then again, they have been known to flat out lie at times. :D

CNN aka Crap News Network aka #1 Purveyor of Junk News and agenda driven commentary. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

CNN aka Crap News Network aka #1 Purveyor of Junk News and agenda driven commentary. Take what they say with a grain of salt.

More like a salt tablet.

View attachment 229672

If not, damn.

They include every discharge of a firearm at any school, university, college, etc. including but not limited to mass shootings, suicides, accidental discharges and hunters too close to school buildings. Considering there are tens of thousands of these facilities in the U.S., the number is miniscule but not insignificant..

View attachment 229672

If not, damn.
Very misleading, most were gang related in parking lots or open ground near schools. One was a teacher giving a safety class accidentally discharging a handgun (???).
And the best CNN school shooting was two high school boys jackassing around shooting each other with B.B. guns.

That said, one real one is far too many. And unfortunately the powers that be will use this again to attack the NRA and 2nd amendment and never address what’s causing kids to flip out and start killing people. Or why the signs are missed or ignored leading up to the actual event.
Breaks my heart and makes me scares me for my kids’ future. What kind of world are we leaving them.

Thought I might have missed the earthquake. Thanks for pointing out the spin guys. That's why I asked.

Bloody sad day in Texas, no matter what. My sympathies....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,