Just Gina

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe
Hello all! While I have been hunting only once in my life, I am very interested in learning more and actually experiencing Africa some day! From the little bit I have seen, this is the best place to learn outside of Africa. My boyfriend is on here all the time and got me interested in joining the forum to learn more.

wipartimer

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa,Zimbabwe, Canada USA
Welcome aboard! There alot of friendly people here , way smarter than your boyfriend ;), with more information to learn from.

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH, its great place to learn about hunting.

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Welcome to AH Just Gina! And who could this wipartimer possibly be(n)?
Here’s hoping you two make it to Africa sooner than later. Just like the US it is constantly changing.
Get yourself some experience in OK with small game, varmints, deer, turkey and hogs. Practice getting on sticks and shooting quickly. A 22 Rimfire is excellent practice. Get a bolt gun to replicate the gun you’ll use in Africa. Shots in the bushveld will be under 100 yards and out to 200 yards. DG around 30 yards in fractions of a second.
You’ll be ready when the opportunity comes.
Best of luck experiencing your dream!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Hello and welcome!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to AH Gina!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard Gina. Your boyfriend is a lucky fellow, and you can tell him I said so. The number of women hunters is on the rise as well as the availability of gear including rifles designed specifically for them. I hope you find the time you spend on AH enjoyable as well as informative. Depending on your shooting skills, as an instructor I'd suggest finding someone other than your boyfriend "show you the ropes."

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Welcome to the forum Ma’am, enjoy yourself and ask questions, you won’t get ridiculed on this site for asking.
Cheers,
Cody

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Welcome to AH.

MAdcox

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape)
Welcome to the forum. Always nice to have another Okie. Hope you get to do a lot more hunting and make it to Africa. You’ll never forget it.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Howdy!

petrusg

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DCS, PHASA, SA Hunters, Xtreem Archery, Rowland Ward, WRSA
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
Welcome to AH! Hope to see you hunting in Africa soon.

ScottG

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome. Love Tulsa, lived in Stillwater for 10 years. Lots to learn here. Enjoy!

Edge

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
PA, NM, ND, Al, FL, MD, Eastern Cape South Africa, Zimbabwe x 2
Welcome to AH Just Gina!

You must insist on being properly outfitted for an African Safari, don't let your boyfriend off the hook (I hear he has a LOT of money!):

First, you need authentic Safari clothing! A shopping trip to African Sporting Creations for pants, shorts, shirts and a nice pair of Courtney boots! They also have an on-line website so you can save him the cost of airfare to fly to Ohio, just grab his CC! www.africansportingcreations.com

Like others have posted, you will need multiple firearms that are yours! Don't let him talk you into "borrowing" one of his!

You will need a .22 to start practicing with, then I recommend a .223 for more realistic practice shooting off of "sticks" (you can also order those from the above website, don't buy the cheap ones, you need the best for Africa!). You will also need at least 5000 rounds of 22 LR and a thousand rounds of .223. All can be purchased on-line with a CC.

You will need a good plains game rifle, have him get you a nice wood stocked 30-06 with Zeiss or Swarovski scope. Again, don't let him skimp, you need the top of the line models from those companies. There are many choices for a 30-06 but you will need a custom fitted one so it fits you well. Don't let him buy you a Savage, Remington or Winchester.

You will also need a big rifle for bigger African game. Now this is really important, it needs to be a double rifle and custom fitted. Custom fit stocks will greatly help in mitigating recoil. Being such a nice guy and trying not to spend all his money, combine a nice vacation to London England and while you are there, stop by the Holland & Holland factory, they will be able to custom fit a rifle for you and you can choose the engraving while you are there! If he really loves you, they can also make you a 30-06 bolt gun!

If you have any more questions, don't be afraid to ask! Like @wipartimer stated, we are a smart bunch on this web-site and will steer you straight!

Michelle and I look forward to meeting you some day soon!

Edge

Last edited:

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH Gina !

Art Lambart II

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Welcome to AH Gina, along with all the new hunting gear you will need a new house with high vaulted ceilings to display all of your trophies.

Bos en Dal Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
bosendal.co.za
Media
Member of
PHASA, SA Hunter & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharmainIm

Latest profile posts

DGGardner wrote on Rare Breed's profile.
I'm sure I am a day late and a dollar short but if the deal on the .416 falls through let me know and I will buy it.
Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...