Greetings from the Netherland

DieJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Netherlands, Portugal, USA [FL]
Hello everybody, was lurking in the shadows for a few years, today I decided to come aboard. I'm 31 years old, relatively new to hunting, only finished my hunting education last year. Hoping to learn a lot more on this forum and eventually making a trip to Africa.

Waidmannsheil!

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Welcome!

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
I spent the day in Amsterdam on my way to Namibia just recently. Avoiding the people on bicycles was great training for my dangerous game hunt.:S Welcome::S Welcome::S Welcome:

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome to AH!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Welcome aboard!

Nyati

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
RFEC, RFETO
Hunted
Spain, Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West, Northern Cape, Free State ).
Welcome to AH !

PHOENIX PHIL

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
Welcome to AH!

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Welcome aboard Die Jager. I'm sure that you've already discovered that AH is the best place to learn about hunting in general and especially about hunting in Africa. Do you own any rifles yet? If so, what are they. If not what brands and calibers are you thinking about? What are you thinking about hunting on your first safari?

gesch

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
Hunted
WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
Greetings! Where do you live in the Netherlands? My brother just got back from visiting Texel where his wife’s family is from. I’ll be stopping in on my way to Namibia in April 2020. My wife studied in Leyden for a semester in college. I come from a Dutch town in Wisconsin! I look forward to hearing about your plans.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome to AH.

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Glad you jumped in.
Welcome to the posting side.

DieJager

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
Netherlands, Portugal, USA [FL]
I spent the day in Amsterdam on my way to Namibia just recently. Avoiding the people on bicycles was great training for my dangerous game hunt.:S Welcome::S Welcome::S Welcome:

Bicycles and taxis, those are the most dangerous in Amsterdam, good luck with your hunt. ;)

Welcome aboard Die Jager. I'm sure that you've already discovered that AH is the best place to learn about hunting in general and especially about hunting in Africa. Do you own any rifles yet? If so, what are they. If not what brands and calibers are you thinking about? What are you thinking about hunting on your first safari?

Currently owning a small caliber. 22lr Cz 452 and a 12 gauge Baikal superpose. Planning to buy a new rifle around Christmas, thinking about the new Mauser m18 caliber still undecided or the Browning X bolt in 375H&H. First safari I hope to do in approximately 5 years. I love reading about Namibia.

Greetings! Where do you live in the Netherlands? My brother just got back from visiting Texel where his wife’s family is from. I’ll be stopping in on my way to Namibia in April 2020. My wife studied in Leyden for a semester in college. I come from a Dutch town in Wisconsin! I look forward to hearing about your plans.

Ah nice to hear, Texel is the other side of the country I live in the Brabant province. Would love to specify it further for you but knowing the rabid antis in the Netherlands and this being an open forum I'll leave it there if you don't mind ;). Leiden BTW is a great university I studied at the University of Nijmegen.

Thanks everybody for the replies! and hope to read more from you all

Jfet

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation,NRA, Life Member DSC
Hunted
Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Namibia, South Africa, and Now Spain
Bicycles and taxis, those are the most dangerous in Amsterdam, good luck with your hunt. ;)

I have not had such good foot work drills since I was playing American Football in Texas in the 1980's

knowing the rabid antis in the Netherlands

I was wearing my Dallas Safari Shirt in Amsterdam and had some people ask me about the logo. I told them I was going to Namibia to feed people and put them to work. This led to some very open conversations. However, there was at least one very harsh stare as they walked abruptly from me. One has to be carful around dangerous animals.

University of Nijmegen.

Nijmegen is right out of history class and so was seeing the signs to Arnhem. I really enjoyed my day in Amsterdam. The Netherlands will require a longer visit. (y)(y)(y)

Again welcome to AH and enjoy your planning to go to Africa. Just don't wait too long.;)

VERNEY-CARRON COLLECTION

Sponsor
Since 2018
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
collection.verney-carron.com
Media
Welcome to AH and the posting side DieJager!
This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caubachthu68

Latest profile posts

Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.
Al Burke wrote on Milan's profile.
Hello Milan, I just watched your video on disassembling/reassembling the CZ 550. I have spent days looking for something like this. I now have no reservations taking apart my rifle. I like to do this with all my guns so I understand them "inside and out". Thank you very much for the information. It is greatly appreciated.
Al
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
Fred Gunner wrote on Viral_SIGness's profile.
60 375 Ruger Brass
$75+$8.30 Priority Mail Shipping
Postal Money Order Or Certified Tellers Check.

for final confirmation
raamw wrote on krish's profile.
send me your email.