Greetings from Tennessee

Houlainol

AH member
Joined
Apr 19, 2017
Messages
35
Reaction score
27
I came across this forum about a year ago and just joined to start learning more about booking the right hunt at a good value. I've been dreaming of hunting Africa for some time but I have turned the corner from daydreaming to actually putting money away for a hunt. On my salary it is quite the luxury item. I hope to hunt plains game sometime in the second half of 2018. I am not a very experienced hunter but I am an experienced shooter from the tactical side of things with a bolt gun out to 300+yds.
 
Welcome to AH. Try hunting hogs to get your feet wet. More fun than a barrel of monkeys as the say. The good folks at AH are willing and able to answer all of your questions concerning your upcoming hunt, whatever they may be. What caliber rifle will you be using in SA?
 
Welcome aboard!
 
Welcome to AH.

Have fun planning.
 
Welcome to AH Houlainol! Glad you joined and making good use of all the knowledge here for booking your hunting safari.

:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH!
 
I came across this forum about a year ago and just joined to start learning more about booking the right hunt at a good value. I've been dreaming of hunting Africa for some time but I have turned the corner from daydreaming to actually putting money away for a hunt. On my salary it is quite the luxury item. I hope to hunt plains game sometime in the second half of 2018. I am not a very experienced hunter but I am an experienced shooter from the tactical side of things with a bolt gun out to 300+yds.

Welcome to the greatest hunting forum around.
What part of TN you calling home?
 
Welcome to AH.com Houlainol!

I love TN.... We used to have a little vacation place on Cherokee Lake up in the northeast end of the state. Beautiful area!
 
Houlainol, in my estimation the 30-06 would be a better choice if you are only taking one rifle. Just for the record you can take two rifles, however they must be of different calibers.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome to AH !
 
Welcome to AH sir!
 
Welcome! The planning and preparation is half of the experience. Enjoy!
 
I will either be using a remington 700 in 7rem mag or a newer FN built winchester m70 in 30-06. Load development and optics are yet to be determined.
How do you like that new Model 70 ? I'm thinking of one myself and specs look awfully good..Might consider Namibia as I feel you get a lot more for your money..Grew up near Smokes and been theit twice now.
 
Welcome to AH Houlainol!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,133
Members
169,496
Latest member
SimonPoe43
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top