Got my first Facebook Threat

The anti's are all over my Facebook page this evening. I'm not replying because they are ignorant and a waste of my time to respond. I'm blocking those that comment but does anyone know of a way to block a review on your business page? I've reported it to Facebook but can't find a way to block the user and it may take some time for the reviews to be deleted by Facebook I'm guessing. Any advice is appreciated.

The anti's are all over my Facebook page this evening. I'm not replying because they are ignorant and a waste of my time to respond. I'm blocking those that comment but does anyone know of a way to block a review on your business page? I've reported it to Facebook but can't find a way to block the user and it may take some time for the reviews to be deleted by Facebook I'm guessing. Any advice is appreciated.

Only suggestion I can find.
It appears you need to turn off reviews all together to get rid of everything. Good bad and stupid.
Good luck.

https://www.facebook.com/help/community/question/?id=10104142092605031

Thanks Brickburn ~ looks like FB did get rid of them fairly quickly, just hate to lose the good reviews! Once it started, it was a chain reaction, their buddies followed suit and I found they were sharing things I posted on their pages like the SCI link regarding the latest FWS announcement, etc. I deleted and blocked everything I could and I changed some of my security settings on the page so hope that also helps!

Thanks Brickburn ~ looks like FB did get rid of them fairly quickly, just hate to lose the good reviews! Once it started, it was a chain reaction, their buddies followed suit and I found they were sharing things I posted on their pages like the SCI link regarding the latest FWS announcement, etc. I deleted and blocked everything I could and I changed some of my security settings on the page so hope that also helps!

Once the muppets start it's like a swarm. Hope you got rid of them.

And my kids wonder why I won't get a Facebook page!
Sorry to hear of your plight Lori
Hope all turns out well

Hope all turns out well

im with you cliffy
I keep asking myself why anybody would want do that to them selves....
its not right that facebookers ,should be able to do that crap to a business page..
hope it doesn't upset you lively hood safari girl
View attachment 26319

Thanks all - I removed the rating system and reviews as it did create a swarm of anti's. Hopefully this will slow them down. I've also cranked up the settings for profanity and postings on my site, etc. We don't bother them, why can't they leave us alone? FaceBook is a great social media tool to share information and photos with clients but very frustrating sometimes!

What I bet would really get under their skin, would be if you posted on FB how thankful you were to all the outpouring of support after the Anti's sabotaged you. And how you are more confident than ever in your resolve. Basically, hey anti's the more you hate, the stronger our stance!

Hey BWH ~ you might have a point - will have to think about that one . . .

Facebook whats that. I do forums and email. Not that I am a technophobe just I have no use for an insecure outfit like facebook. my take on these online cowards is a giant yawn and another beer. we are hunters after all.
Hope all turns out well

:draught:
Facebook whats that. I do forums and email. Not that I am a technophobe just I have no use for an insecure outfit like facebook. my take on these online cowards is a giant yawn and another beer. we are hunters after all.

i'll drink to that,cobber.....

Hi Guys - thanks for your support - I've posted an apology to my "true followers" for the uneducated people in this world! I think was what started the ball rolling was when I posted the link from SCI about the elephant ban in Zim and Botswana - they found me because they are targeting SCI!

Brickburn ~ thanks for the instructions on removing Reviews as that shut them down pretty quickly (see attached phots) - I reported those and FB would not remove them so I had to delete them all together. The others making comments then I can ban, report, delete and be done with them!

BWH - I think I'm winning on this one - the comments and likes have been great from fellow hunters and the number of likes on my page is increasing! Publicity can be good even when it's bad :)

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 98
Brickburn ~ thanks for the instructions on removing Reviews as that shut them down pretty quickly (see attached phots) - I reported those and FB would not remove them so I had to delete them all together. The others making comments then I can ban, report, delete and be done with them!

FB does not contemplate the abuse of the system by TROLLS. So, the only way is to remove that component.

Glad they have been thwarted.

Lori, I visited your admirers FB page and they suggested an excellent image for a T Shirt.

You see if you can figure out the original anti message. :)

They had a spelling and punctuation issue. I made some improvements.

Attachments

• BangGoTrophyHunting_zps94a974be.jpg
    BangGoTrophyHunting_zps94a974be.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 120
Thank God I stay away from all social Media such as Facebook,,I Post on some Hunting a Shooting Forums were the anti gunners are shown the exit as soon as they post their Crap

I'm jealous, I haven't had one yet. You just can't win with some people. One thing I have found is that if you engage with them on a public forum like Facebook or YouTube, you're almost guaranteed not to convert them. However, you are just taking an opportunity to get your point out there, get our position out there and educate the average person about hunting. This is invaluable.

I tell people that find out that I'm a hunter....I'm still that great guy you know, I just love to hunt, fish and spend time in nature. Maybe if you sat down and got to know me better, you would find out why I love the tradition so much. And to the people that don't want to know, well we don't have to know each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg