Glad to be here

Lenny13

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
S.Africa(Limpopo, Mpumalanga), USA (SD, TX), Namibia
Hi,

I'm coming to you from Dallas, TX. This is a site I have used in the past for anything from shot placement to where people suggest going for specific types of game. I love hunting and have been fortunate enough to go to S.A. twice since 2010. Now I am just saving my pennies to go back.

Thanks for all the advice!

welcome to AH lenny
can you post some pictures of your last couple of hunts?
enjoy the site

Welcome to AH Lenny13! feel free to post a hunt report on the places you've already been and add a bunch of pics.

Welcome to AH. Lenny13!

Glad to have you here!

Welcome to AH! We have at least one other Dallas area member here, goes by BWH. Hopefully we will see you at our AH dinner we have during the DSC Convention.

Good to have you out in the open and glad the site has been helpful. You are most welcome.

Please throw a hunt report up when you get a chance.

Well Hi Lenny, :)

Glad you joined AH. (y)

How about sharing some of your stories and photos?

Appreciate the warm welcome. Here are a couple more pictures. They are of my bushbuck and my small, but hopefully growing trophy room. I have been to the Limpopo region of RSA near the town of Thabizimbi...The outfitter there is named Riaan Raas.. We started going with a family friend who had been going since the early 70s and actually started hunting with Riaan's uncle... Riaan recently partnered with an up and coming outfitter here in the states...Africa DoubleShot Safaris, here is the link to their website: http://www.africandoubleshotsafaris.com/African_Double_Shot_Safaris/Welcome.html
We have hunted plains game both times there... The bushbuck was actually a pretty cool story.. We had hunted over a huge alfalfa field that backed up to a jungle type tree line. This was the first time I went spot lighting at night. The second day right before dark there was an old female about 150yds away.. Naturally we hoped an old male would step out right behind her.. With Riaan my PH laying next to me, and my father on his binoculars behind us an old bull jogged out about 40 yards in front of us...Well apparently my father had his binos turned up quite a bit, because when that bull jogged out all he saw was a big white back side, causing him to say, "don't shoot, nyala." All I heard was Riaan say that's a good bull, and before my father finished the word nyala that bushbuck was flopping on the ground about 50-60yds away... Even though this has been the smallest animal I have taken it is definitely has the most memorable story for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
he may a small antelope
but just proves ,good things come in small packages .

Welcome to AH Lenny13! Nice to have you with us.

Welcome to AH Lenny :)

Welcome Lenny!

Welcome aboard Lenny

Welcome to AH, Lenny !

Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)
Welcome!(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg