Get yourself an Apple watch

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,576
Reaction score
9,988
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I am going to sound like an advertisement, but this is true.

Last April I bought a family member an apple watch for their birthday. They are working out a lot trying to be healthy and it can monitor your heart rate etc. On Friday my daughter showed them how to turn on the continuous monitoring. Neat feature.

On Saturday this person was feeling really tired. They didn't feel bad, just sorta tired. But the watch was making an alarm. She mentioned it on Sundau and my daughter looked at it and it had a warning. We were able to download the rhythm strip that it kept during the alarm and there were two. I sent them to my sister, who is a cardiologist. She immediately told us to print the strips and go to the ER right away.

After being rushed in, hooked up and treated with meds, my family member was discharged with a referral to a cardiologist on an urgent basis.

Holy crap.

This family member has been exercising diligently for 3 or 4 years to get healthier, and is in better shape than they have been in years. I never would have expected this. But that little contraption really made a difference in our family.

I am sitting here reflecting on how lucky we were. Be well folks and get the watch.
 
Well done. Two weeks ago a friend of mine, 45 years old, died of a heart attack driving to work.
 
Pheroze, a sibling had a similar efficacy story with that little tool.
I hope your family member is getting well soon.
 
Well done. Two weeks ago a friend of mine, 45 years old, died of a heart attack driving to work.
That's terrible. Sorry to hear that.
 
Pheroze, a sibling had a similar efficacy story with that little tool.
I hope your family member is getting well soon.
Thanks. It's all rather anxiety provoking.
 
Thanks. It's all rather anxiety provoking.

The watch caught events that the docs had been unable to see in previous attempts to measure/evaluate. It provided some excellent information. In the future it may help reassure you all about the recovery.
 
Not going to argue with a doctor.

Japanesedoctor.jpg
 
Its my birthday shortly @Pheroze in case you were thinking of something for me lol
Well, if no one in your family gets you one you know their true feelings [emoji1787]
 
I am going to sound like an advertisement, but this is true.

Last April I bought a family member an apple watch for their birthday. They are working out a lot trying to be healthy and it can monitor your heart rate etc. On Friday my daughter showed them how to turn on the continuous monitoring. Neat feature.

On Saturday this person was feeling really tired. They didn't feel bad, just sorta tired. But the watch was making an alarm. She mentioned it on Sundau and my daughter looked at it and it had a warning. We were able to download the rhythm strip that it kept during the alarm and there were two. I sent them to my sister, who is a cardiologist. She immediately told us to print the strips and go to the ER right away.

After being rushed in, hooked up and treated with meds, my family member was discharged with a referral to a cardiologist on an urgent basis.

Holy crap.

This family member has been exercising diligently for 3 or 4 years to get healthier, and is in better shape than they have been in years. I never would have expected this. But that little contraption really made a difference in our family.

I am sitting here reflecting on how lucky we were. Be well folks and get the watch.
@Pheroze
Mate had my first heart attack at 18, 2nd at 22 and last one at 32. Now at the age of 62 still putting one foot in front of the other although slower than I used to but enjoying life to the full.
These new fangled devices are great for picking things up early to help prevent bigger problems developing. If only they were around 30 years ago.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,936
Members
169,653
Latest member
arthryonsus
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top