Deals & offers
Media
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Nmaibia,Zimbabwe, Spain

WIN a FREE 2x1 Hunt for Two Hunters from Liam Urry Safaris for 2017/18

hunting-13.jpg

HUNTING PICTURE CONTEST - WIN A FREE 2x1 HUNT FOR 2 HUNTERS WORTH US$ 8,600, 8 DAYS/9 NIGHTS WHICH INCLUDES US$ 1,500 TROPHY FEE CREDIT PER HUNTER WITH LIAM URRY SAFARIS FOR 2017/18 AND US$1,000 CREDIT PER HUNTER TOWARDS THEIR TAXIDERMY WORK.

We offer our clients an opportunity to hunt a wide variety of game species on our private game ranch (Base Camp) in the Free State Province, a mere 30 minutes drive from Kimberley. Our ranch has been in the Urry family for three generations. We also offer many concession areas throughout Africa, hunting from the smallest game – the Blue Duiker -, to the largest – the elephant. With over 45 species of game, South Africa is truly a world in one country. We give the trophy hunter an opportunity to collect game species which are endemic to most of Africa.

What you can expect
  • Disease/Malaria-free zone
  • Abundance of game
  • Picturesque surroundings
  • Safe and friendly environment
  • Quality trophy animals
  • Skilled, experienced team
  • Comfortable accommodation

Video

Trophy Photos
full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Here are some hunt reports posted on AH
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...ort-with-liam-urry-safaris-lots-of-pics.6625/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-hunting-rsa-with-liam-urry-safaris.16122/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-trophys-back-from-south-africa.8229/
- https://www.africahunting.com/threa...th-africa-safari-with-liam-urry-safaris.8383/

The lodge
For your midday break, you may indulge in a cold drink alongside the pool, or simply lounge on the deck as you soak up the Free State sun, in this African context.

When the heat of the day makes way for the cooler dusk air, Cape Hares – who’ve set up permanent residence at the watering hole – are the first inhabitants to appear. Then, as the African sun makes a multicoloured, glorious exit behind the surrounding mountains, game start to emerge and wander around more freely. And soon the herds head for the drinking hole – truly something to behold.

Having worked up an appetite from the day’s hunt, you may exhale in the “boma” around a crackling fire, and indulge in a bottle of the Cape’s finest wine. This while you take in the sky’s vibrant orange, gold, and red display – so typical of a Free State sunset in this African context.

Our fully equipped kitchen will indulge your palate with a smorgasbord of scrumptious, African and international classics. And all dietary requirements will be catered for on request.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Website
Check out Liam Urry Safaris hunting outfit, area, accommodations, photo gallery and a lot more by visiting my website at www.lusafaris.co.za. For a reference list of past clients who have hunted with Liam Urry Safaris, please contact me.

The HUNT
A member of AfricaHunting.com will WIN a FREE 2x1 HUNT for Two Hunters. Hunting may be done with rifle or bow, worth US$ 8,600 for 8 hunting days/9 nights which includes arrival and departure days, US$ 1,500 trophy fee credit per hunter at Liam Urry Safaris' main home concession for 2017/18 and US$1,000 credit per hunter towards taxidermy work with Liam Urry Safaris' taxidermist of choice.

The HUNT includes:
- Safari is for two hunters hunting 2x1
- 10 day plains game hunt with Liam Urry Safaris with 8 full hunting days/9 nights
- Government value added tax of 14% on daily rates
- US$1,500 trophy fee credit per hunter at Liam Urry Safaris' main home concession
- US$1,000 credit per hunter towards taxidermy work with Liam Urry Safaris' taxidermist of choice
- Services of a licensed professional hunter, trackers, skinners, all camp staff and vehicles
- Accommodations within the Liam Urry Safaris's main home hunting area concession during your safari with us
- All meals
- Soft drinks with local beer and wine in moderation
- Daily laundry service
- Hunting licenses and permits (excluding CITES and Dangerous Game Permits)
- Field preparation of trophies
- Delivery of trophies to our local taxidermist
- Pick-up and Drop-off from Kimberly Airport

The HUNT does not include:
- International and domestic airfare
- Accommodations prior to and after the safari
- Any transport outside of hunting property that is not already included
- Trophy fees of animals taken or wounded above the US$1,500 credit per hunter
- CITES if applicable
- Taxidermy work above the US$1,000 credit per hunter or taxidermy work done with your own taxidermist
- Packing, dipping and shipping of trophies to final destination
- Rifle hire and ammunition
- Gratuities
- Additional tours & excursions
- Medical and travel insurance
- Meet and greet service at the airport for rifle clearance

You are able to add the following at our regular prices:
- Additional days
- Additional hunters and/or observers
- Additional activities
- Additional trophies
- Big Five may be hunted on this hunt

Available Species
Baboon
Black-Backed Jackal
Bontebok
Cape Bushbuck
Blesbuck (Common)
Blesbuck (White)
Cape Eland
Caracal
Crocodile (up to 10 feet)
Duiker (Common)
Fallow Deer
Gemsbuck / Oryx
Giraffe
Hippo
Impala
Kudu
Red Lechwe
Nyala
Ostrich
Reedbuck (Mountain)
Red Hartebeest
Roan Antelope
Sable Antelope
Springbuck (Common)
Springbuck (Black)
Springbuck (White)
Springbuck (Copper)
Steenbuck
Waterbuck
Wilderbeest (Black)
Wilderbeest (Blue)
Warthog
Zebra (Burchell's)
Zebra (Hartman's)
Buffalo
Elephant
Leopard
White Rhino

ALSO INCLUDED WITH THIS HUNT

Global Rescue joins Liam Urry Safaris by providing each winner with a 14 day individual medical and security membership to be used during their hunt. That way, the winners can start the coverage on the date when the hunt begins and be covered for the entire trip should they decide to add on extra days.

Our 14 day individual medical only membership is valued at US$159, so together the value of the two memberships together will be US$318.

Global Rescue is the premier medical, security, advisory and evacuation services provider and the only company with field rescue capabilities worldwide. Its commitment to you begins at the point where the crisis occurs and continues, providing for medical evacuation from the exact point of illness or injury, until you get to your home country hospital of choice. This membership provides coverage for 14 continuous days from the elected start date. Individuals can use this credit toward the cost of an extended plan membership.

The winner will need to contact Global Rescue Member Services prior to their travel to start their membership.

medical-evacuation-travel-insurance.jpg

Global Rescue LLC - Worldwide Emergency Evacuation and Field Rescue, Anytime Anywhere
1 (617) 459-4200 - (800) 381-9754
memberservices@globalrescue.com
www.globalrescue.com

What to do to enter the hunt giveaway drawing:
For a chance to win this hunt post any hunting related picture in this thread and include a title. JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW HUNTING PICTURES DO NOT HAVE TO BE FROM AFRICA TO BE ENTERED IN THIS CONTEST. You can enter as many hunting pictures as you would like. Pictures must be yours, please do not post copyrighted material. We will take into consideration all aspects of the photograph itself. It's about the photograph, basically any hunting picture can be submitted, from taxidermy, hunting dogs, action hunting scenes, hunting camps, firearms to trophies and more. Once the 9 finalists have been selected, it will be the members who choose the winner.

Post your pictures in this thread. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.

Pictures must be posted between May 10th to June 12th, 2017 (at midnight Central Time). At that time nine pictures will be selected as finalists by a panel of three judges, all members of AH including myself. Each judge will choose their top three pictures which will be finalists. The nine pictures selected as finalists will then be posted on June 15th, 2017 in this thread and registered members of AH who have been members prior to June 14, 2017 will then be allowed to place ONE vote for their favorite picture from amongst the finalists (judges cannot vote). Voting by AH members will take place from June 15th until June 20th, 2017 (at noon Central Time). The finalist with the most votes will be the winner. In the case of a tie the winner will be selected by the panel of three judges from the pictures that have tied. The winner will be announced on June 21st, 2017 in this thread.

See official hunting picture contest rules in the following post.

We ask that the prize winner post here on AfricaHunting.com a detailed hunting report with pictures about their hunting safari with Liam Urry Safaris.

Thanks to everyone who will be taking part in this hunting picture contest and best of luck. For those of you who will just be checking out the pictures entered, please feel free to leave comments.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you soon in Africa,

Best regards,
Liam Urry

Hunting Picture Contest Official Rules

1. This competition is open to all registered members of AfricaHunting.com. If you are not already a registered member you can join by clicking here.

2. No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law.  Giveaway entrants must be over 18 to participate. The winner’s age will be verified and a new winner will be selected if the original winner does not meet the age requirement.

3. To be eligible participants must post an eligible picture in this thread. Picture posts which do not show any picture(s) will be deleted.

4. Pictures must be posted between May 10th to June 12th, 2017 (at midnight Central Time). At that time nine pictures will be selected as finalists by a panel of three judges, all members of AH including myself. Each judge will choose their top three pictures which will be finalists. The nine pictures selected as finalists will then be posted on June 15th, 2017 in this thread and registered members of AH who have been members prior to June 14, 2017 will then be allowed to place ONE vote for their favorite picture from amongst the finalists (judges cannot vote). Voting by AH members will take place from June 15th until June 20th, 2017 (at noon Central Time). The finalist with the most votes will be the winner. In the case of a tie the winner will be selected by the panel of three judges from the pictures that have tied. The winner will be announced on June 21st, 2017 in this thread.

5. Winner’s failure to see announcement or receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time announcement was posted, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.

6. Any prize unclaimed after twenty-one (21) days from the date of notice will not be awarded.

7. The hunt has to be taken in 2017/18 with dates to be decided and agreed upon between prize winner and Liam Urry Safaris by August 1st, 2017, should booking not be made by that time the prize will be void and non-redeemable.

8. Prize will be made available only to the identified winner.

9. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable, non-refundable, non-redeemable for cash and no substitute prize or substitute of animals will be offered.

10. Wounded game which is not recovered is considered as hunted.

11. Only 10 days including arrival and departure days, US$1,500 trophy fee credit per hunter at Liam Urry Safaris' main home concession and US$1,000 credit per hunter towards taxidermy work with Liam Urry Safaris' taxidermist of choice are redeemable by hunter. Days, trophy fee and taxidermy credit are non-transferable between the hunters and may not be combined.

12. By participating in this contest, AfricaHunting.com or those acting under its authority have the right to use any submissions for promotional purposes.

13. Except where prohibited by law, the winner by acceptance of the prize agrees that Liam Urry Safaris and AfricaHunting.com or those acting under its authority have the right to use the winner's name, picture/portrait, likeness, content from the winner’s hunt for advertising and promotional purposes without consideration or further permission.

14. Liam Urry Safaris and AfricaHunting.com, its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents, are not responsible for distorted, incomplete, illegible, undelivered, damaged, or lost entries; and/or any contest disruptions beyond its control.

15. Entrants and winners are solely responsible for their own actions relating to this prize, and the acceptance and/or use of a prize. By participating and/or by acceptance or use of the prize, all entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Liam Urry Safaris and AfricaHunting.com, their parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, other prize sponsors and the respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any liability arising in connection with the use of the prize.

16. Although we appreciate their participation prior winners of any previous hunt contest on AH will NOT be eligible to win.

17. AfricaHunting.com reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the campaign or website or violates its' Terms & Conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liam, Thank you for your generosity towards our community. This is an incredible hunt offer and I look forward to seeing all of the great pictures that will come out of this contest!

Liam, this is impressive.

Had the pleasure of spending some time with Liam in Dallas this year. He is stand up guy, and I have no doubt that the winners will have an awesome time in his camp.

Great initiative Liam, and good luck to all the members entering!

Perhaps I missed it but I don't see photo guidelines anywhere.

MDGC0096.jpg
This deer in Arkansas is elusive. He did not get big by being stupid. Praying he will give me a chance again. I have always wanted to go to africa on safari, but life happens and due to my wife's impending shoulder surgery and my daughter set to attend Texas A&M Galveston in the fall I will not be able to afford for my dream to come to fruition for the foreseeable futre.

Last edited:
Warthog-RonnieHalvorsen.jpg

I started hunting at 32 years of age. I`m from Norway and the first animal I shoot was a warthog in South Africa . Even though it was a cull pig for the spit. It`s what got me hooked on hunting in general and the hunt I will never forget. It also tasted amazingly good :D I have never smiled more in any trophy hunt ;) Thanks to Marius of KMG that showed me hunting in SA and got me all my animals in South Africa !!

Attachments

• Warthog-RonnieHalvorsen.jpg
    Warthog-RonnieHalvorsen.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 473
Our first trip to Africa!! Could not have been more proud of my daughter ❣️ We will be back!!

IMG_7473.JPG
IMG_7490.JPG
IMG_7581.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg