Former NFL Player Kills MASSIVE Mountain Lion In Colorado

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/former-nfl-player-kills-massive-mountain-lion-colorado/

Newly retired NFL player Derek Wolfe amazed many of his Instagram followers when he posted a photo of a massive mountain lion he had killed in a rural Colorado town.

Wolfe stated before he killed the mountain lion, he heard from the locals that the big cat killed two dogs and was even spotted living under a local resident’s home.

The former Super Bowl champion for the Denver Broncos killed the big cat with a bow after tracking it down.

Screenshot_29.jpg

That is a big cat, wow.

great cat

That’s HUGE! If Derek Wolfe is 6’5” that’s one big cat. Wonder what it weighed?

Reactions: CJW
Even taking into account the winter coat and camera angle that is a huge cat. I have heard they are good eating white meat.

Very bland white meat and extremely lean is my experience. Most fish and game
Depts measure the length but are ill equipt to weigh them. They also take a tooth to find the age.
I also suspect hounds were used-completely legal and very exciting although I didn’t see that
Mentioned.
The terrorizing a city part made me laugh as well, it a cougar, not an African lion! But it truly is a monster cat and will be an amazing display

Last edited:
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/former-nfl-player-kills-massive-mountain-lion-colorado/

Newly retired NFL player Derek Wolfe amazed many of his Instagram followers when he posted a photo of a massive mountain lion he had killed in a rural Colorado town.

Wolfe stated before he killed the mountain lion, he heard from the locals that the big cat killed two dogs and was even spotted living under a local resident’s home.

The former Super Bowl champion for the Denver Broncos killed the big cat with a bow after tracking it down.

View attachment 512683
Wow, and he did t with a bow.

here’s a pic of one taken on the property next to where we hunt in Rocksprings, TX

2CD5C122-2E0B-4C9F-8012-ED0DD98B512E.jpeg

Last edited:
Weights are rarely used— did it just eat or was that three days ago? — skull measurements are only record keeping available. Any kitty u choose to take is a trophy

Even taking into account the winter coat and camera angle that is a huge cat. I have heard they are good eating white meat.
My Uncle, who was an outfitter in CO years ago, said mountain lion was his favorite game meat. Haven't had a chance to try it myself, but it is on the list.
This cat was a big lion. Camera angles do play a part in the pic, but look at the size of the head relative to it's own body; that's a big cat.
Mountain lions do terrorize towns periodically. They are notorious for picking pets out of back yards, and even off porches. Not just the ankle biters. More than a few Labs and other large breeds have become a dinner for them. Very opportunistic hunters. We had a young pair out here in the prairie about a year or so ago (20 miles east of the front range). Took several dogs, attacked an old horse (unsuccessfully) right in the middle of a 5 acre subdivision. Then they just disappeared. Probably a couple juvenile males looking for their own territory.

My Uncle, who was an outfitter in CO years ago, said mountain lion was his favorite game meat. Haven't had a chance to try it myself, but it is on the list.
This cat was a big lion. Camera angles do play a part in the pic, but look at the size of the head relative to it's own body; that's a big cat.
Mountain lions do terrorize towns periodically. They are notorious for picking pets out of back yards, and even off porches. Not just the ankle biters. More than a few Labs and other large breeds have become a dinner for them. Very opportunistic hunters. We had a young pair out here in the prairie about a year or so ago (20 miles east of the front range). Took several dogs, attacked an old horse (unsuccessfully) right in the middle of a 5 acre subdivision. Then they just disappeared. Probably a couple juvenile males looking for their own territory.
Yes, I was looking at the size of the head in comparison to the hunter's body?

Yes, I was looking at the size of the head in comparison to the hunter's body?
Yeah, he's a big dude, and even with his puffy down coat on, that cat's head dwarfs his arms. He's 6'5" and that cat's butt is barely off the ground. Be interesting to see what the scull ends up measuring at. They described it well as "massive".

Too bad that outfitters don’t all buy scales

The backstory is pretty vague/sketchy but nonetheless that is a big old tom

I was a rabid NFL fan in the past. Raider Nation. (haven't watched a game since they started kneeling during the National Anthem of the Country that made them rich. JMO) So I don't know the current players, but assume this man is large framed. I like the cat photos where a man is holding it......prevents any of this trick photography where somebody sits 10 feet behind the animal....as is common now. Like to see the proportions. That is a huge cat by any standards. Good to see celebrities not afraid to have their photo taken after the hunt.......FWB

Wow, just wow

That is a good cat for sure, that pose is also the kind that makes cats look big. I have hunted lions a few times, and been around a few. I am a little skeptical of the story...If I read it right it looks like he somehow did a spot and stalk on the cat and shot it with his bow. Is this doable, yes. Likely, no. I know a few guys that have killed them hunting elk when a curious cat comes in after calling for elk. Usually young cats do this. I bumblfucked into one while mtn goat hunting one time and I was so stupefied I just stared at and it ran away in a hurry.

My theory is that he probably treed it with dogs and shot it that way. I think that is cool too, but less sexy than a bow hunt spot and stalk on a cat. Also, would probably be more chance for criticism if it was shot out of a tree. Who knows. Nice cat though regardless

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg