Former NFL Player Kills MASSIVE Mountain Lion In Colorado

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/former-nfl-player-kills-massive-mountain-lion-colorado/

Newly retired NFL player Derek Wolfe amazed many of his Instagram followers when he posted a photo of a massive mountain lion he had killed in a rural Colorado town.

Wolfe stated before he killed the mountain lion, he heard from the locals that the big cat killed two dogs and was even spotted living under a local resident’s home.

The former Super Bowl champion for the Denver Broncos killed the big cat with a bow after tracking it down.

Screenshot_29.jpg

DieJager

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Netherlands, Portugal, USA [FL], South Africa [NW]
That is a big cat, wow.

Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
great cat

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
That’s HUGE! If Derek Wolfe is 6’5” that’s one big cat. Wonder what it weighed?

Reactions: CJW

MS 9x56

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Even taking into account the winter coat and camera angle that is a huge cat. I have heard they are good eating white meat.

Firebird

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa
Very bland white meat and extremely lean is my experience. Most fish and game
Depts measure the length but are ill equipt to weigh them. They also take a tooth to find the age.
I also suspect hounds were used-completely legal and very exciting although I didn’t see that
Mentioned.
The terrorizing a city part made me laugh as well, it a cougar, not an African lion! But it truly is a monster cat and will be an amazing display

Last edited:

HarpG

Reaction score
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/01/former-nfl-player-kills-massive-mountain-lion-colorado/

Newly retired NFL player Derek Wolfe amazed many of his Instagram followers when he posted a photo of a massive mountain lion he had killed in a rural Colorado town.

Wolfe stated before he killed the mountain lion, he heard from the locals that the big cat killed two dogs and was even spotted living under a local resident’s home.

The former Super Bowl champion for the Denver Broncos killed the big cat with a bow after tracking it down.

View attachment 512683
Wow, and he did t with a bow.

here’s a pic of one taken on the property next to where we hunt in Rocksprings, TX

2CD5C122-2E0B-4C9F-8012-ED0DD98B512E.jpeg

Last edited:

jacques smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Weights are rarely used— did it just eat or was that three days ago? — skull measurements are only record keeping available. Any kitty u choose to take is a trophy

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
Even taking into account the winter coat and camera angle that is a huge cat. I have heard they are good eating white meat.
My Uncle, who was an outfitter in CO years ago, said mountain lion was his favorite game meat. Haven't had a chance to try it myself, but it is on the list.
This cat was a big lion. Camera angles do play a part in the pic, but look at the size of the head relative to it's own body; that's a big cat.
Mountain lions do terrorize towns periodically. They are notorious for picking pets out of back yards, and even off porches. Not just the ankle biters. More than a few Labs and other large breeds have become a dinner for them. Very opportunistic hunters. We had a young pair out here in the prairie about a year or so ago (20 miles east of the front range). Took several dogs, attacked an old horse (unsuccessfully) right in the middle of a 5 acre subdivision. Then they just disappeared. Probably a couple juvenile males looking for their own territory.

CoElkHunter

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA (Life), RMEF
Hunted
USA: Colorado, Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, California. Ontario, Canada, RSA.
My Uncle, who was an outfitter in CO years ago, said mountain lion was his favorite game meat. Haven't had a chance to try it myself, but it is on the list.
This cat was a big lion. Camera angles do play a part in the pic, but look at the size of the head relative to it's own body; that's a big cat.
Mountain lions do terrorize towns periodically. They are notorious for picking pets out of back yards, and even off porches. Not just the ankle biters. More than a few Labs and other large breeds have become a dinner for them. Very opportunistic hunters. We had a young pair out here in the prairie about a year or so ago (20 miles east of the front range). Took several dogs, attacked an old horse (unsuccessfully) right in the middle of a 5 acre subdivision. Then they just disappeared. Probably a couple juvenile males looking for their own territory.
Yes, I was looking at the size of the head in comparison to the hunter's body?

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
Yes, I was looking at the size of the head in comparison to the hunter's body?
Yeah, he's a big dude, and even with his puffy down coat on, that cat's head dwarfs his arms. He's 6'5" and that cat's butt is barely off the ground. Be interesting to see what the scull ends up measuring at. They described it well as "massive".

Shakka

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NRA SCI
Hunted
Namibia Zimbabwe
Too bad that outfitters don’t all buy scales

fourfive8

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
The backstory is pretty vague/sketchy but nonetheless that is a big old tom

flatwater bill

AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
I was a rabid NFL fan in the past. Raider Nation. (haven't watched a game since they started kneeling during the National Anthem of the Country that made them rich. JMO) So I don't know the current players, but assume this man is large framed. I like the cat photos where a man is holding it......prevents any of this trick photography where somebody sits 10 feet behind the animal....as is common now. Like to see the proportions. That is a huge cat by any standards. Good to see celebrities not afraid to have their photo taken after the hunt.......FWB

steve white

AH elite
Reaction score
Articles
Member of
dallas safari club, mannlicher collectors assoc., era
Hunted
Cape buffalo, plains game
Wow, just wow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopescooter

Latest profile posts

hunt 65 wrote on James Adamson's profile.
what is the asking price for gun and ammo?? thanks.
Gerry Addison wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
I would like to delete my last post on the the thread where to hunt big cape buffalo. I haven't been to that area for a few years and it may be very different now. Not fair of me to post this.
Montana hunter and avid sportsman.
Inline6 wrote on Chris Sells's profile.
PM me when you get a chance, have a few questions for you.
steve white wrote on Pheroze's profile.
Pheroze: I was intrigued by the blog on 400, 465 H&H in which you stated you were having a rifle reamed out to accomodate the larger bore. Who is doing the work for you, do they then provide cut rifling or buttoned. Will a 375 H&H rechamber to the 400 H&H. Is there much ballistic difference between it and the 404/375