For Sale Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .30-06

He tried the same scam with me. It smelled like a rat so I politely passed. I am very sorry you guys got nailed. We have such a great group of guys we tend to trust each other. Makes us easy targets for a scumbag like this. I sure hope one of our super sleuths can out this guy.

He tried the same scam with me. It smelled like a rat so I politely passed. I am very sorry you guys got nailed. We have such a great group of guys we tend to trust each other. Makes us easy targets for a scumbag like this. I sure hope one of our super sleuths can out this guy.
It is a great group of guys. Just the reactions to this incident proves that. I guess it makes it easier for a good scammer to worm his way in and take advantage though

I'm very sorry to hear what this POS did here! You know, this is the only forum I've ever been a member of, and to see this happen to the fine members here really pisses me off. I hope someone can locate this ass and have him charged for theft. It also sounds like a federal mail fraud case because the transactions are crossing state lines? If he defrauds an FFL, the ATF could get involved. But, finding his true identity and whereabouts is the larger task.

Despite being someone who is fairly cynical about buying from individuals online, I have bought a few things from folks on this forum. And sweated a little. Thankfully, those who I dealt with were great, and honest. Thanks!
Really sorry to hear some of you suffered a loss because of this asshole. Unfortunately, these assholes aren't often caught or prosecuted. My son lost a few hundred bucks a couple years ago through a craigslist scam. The tips added to the Classifieds are very helpful; had some new info for me to add to the vetting process.
Hope this one is caught!

Too bad he doesn't live in Wa St- It would be possible to reach an out-of-court settlement.
I’m thinking if he’s anywhere near me I’d love to “settle it out of court”. Regardless of the state since he’s not into following laws anyway.

Bummer for those who got scammed, you cant be too careful. On another forum I play on its a constant problem and noobs show up all the time and send PM's to guys who post with a want ad. They usually start with "hey mate, hope I am not bothering you but I saw your ad for ( verbatim description follows), and my uncle Chester two counties over has just what you want, here is his email, tell him I sent ya. Have a great day!"

I have had several of these PM's and notify the mods and pretty quickly they are gone, but as Jerome says, they come back using different IP or emails and boom, back at it.
On that other forum there is a minimum post count that must be met before a new member can play in the classifieds.
Perhaps we should have that here as well.

This was one patient thief. He was a member for two years and over one hundred posts.

Perhaps I can help if Zelle will give you his name and contact info or do you have it? IP address?

This was one patient thief. He was a member for two years and over one hundred posts.
You know the really sad thing about this? If he had just spent the equivalent time working as he did posting on here for two years to set up that scam, he would've undoubtedly had substantially more money than he just stole.

I absolutely cannot stand a thief.

I'll give someone almost anything of mine if I believe they truly need it - but the moment I think they're trying to rip me off or to steal something from me, they're getting absolutely nothing from me, ever.

And I cannot for the life of me comprehend the mindset that makes someone work twice as hard at stealing someone else's hard earned money or "stuff" than they would have to work to just earn the same amount of money or "stuff" for themselves.
Makes absolutely no sense to me.

To the guys that got ripped off - I truly hate to hear that happened. Hopefully someone finds the scumbag and justice is served.

Well, I'm sure within those two years he was scamming others on GB, GI, Armslist and on other forums?

Any criminal worth his salt would not limit him/herself to just firearms. I suspect he/she has accounts from Craigslist to e-bay and back again. why limit one's self to just the money of firearms purchasers? It would be interesting to be able to track this person down and see just how far and wide it's tentacles spread.

Up for sale is my brand new unfired Winchester Model 70 Super Grade Rifle fitted with a 24", nicely figured checkered walnut stock with shadow line cheek rest. Has not been fired and is in new condition.. Comes with its original box and all paper-work and basically everything it came with from factory. Asking: $1,050 shipped from my FFL to your FFL. PM me if you want it
View attachment 398149View attachment 398150View attachment 398151
A nice rifle in a very good offer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This member @Chickenfarmers has been banned for questionable practices and I'm not willing to allow this person to continue to sell on AH.
Yhanks about time.....with a name like that bells start ringing....had a run in with him.....

Dear forum members., I was one of the two members who this lowlife POS (I'm trying to be nice) scammed. I am not here for you to fill pity for me, I'm here to share my experience, and lessons learned so you do not become a victim like me.

This individual reached out to me, to let me know that he had a used Mod 70, since I had showed interested on the one on this post. I didn't think as this being odd in any way (mistake). I looked at the rifle, and liked it and decided to make a deal. I normally look at when the member joined the forum, and the number of post. Obviously this doesn't mean jack, since this POS had been a member since 2019, and had been participating on a regular basis. I normally ask for an address to send funds, and I didn't this time since he said that we could use Zelle and Cashapp (mistake 2). Here are few lessons learned from this experience.

Lesson learned no 1. Never, ever use Zelle to transfer money, or to purchase and make a payment like I did.

Lesson learned no. 2. Zelle will not refund your money, even after filing a fraud/scam report. You are SOL (Sh*t out of luck). You have nothing that protects you.

Lesson learned 3. Use check, money order, Escrow.com, something that can help you get your money back, like in a case like mine.

Lesson learned 4. Ask for a current picture, with a date or something showing that it is a current picture and it is the rifle you are buying. Ask for something to put them on the spot.

Lesson learned 5. Being such a small amount, even if we file charges, the cops will probably do nothing. This is what the other person's attorney friend had to say: "My attorney friend says if we can’t verify that he shipped the rifles then Monday we should contact law enforcement. That said, he says they really can’t (or won’t) do anything."

No wonder these POSs do this, they know they will never serve time. It's a win, win for them.

This forum has one of the best, if not the best group of people I've had the pleasure to deal with. It truly sucks that a scumbag POS scammers like this guy ruin such a great experience. I sincerely hope that this experience will help you see those red flags, and stop you from loosing money like we did. There is a special place in hell for individuals like this guy.

Thank you!
Yip what you sow you will reap.....the wheel always turns.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,