For Sale Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .30-06

I was a few minutes away from sending money when the guy used some wording that didn't seem right, I reached to @Peter Radekevich to ask what name the guy used with him, it was different than the name the guy gave me. I then asked for his real name and address, he provided another name and address to me, along with the name of the FFL that was supposed to ship the rifle.

The name and address he gave me as his was someone who has a criminal record and an incarceration record in Ohio. However, I have no idea if that was the real name or not, I doubt it.

What a pathetic POS. If I didn't already have a Super Grade in 270 , I would have been interested in that rifle and PM'd him. My condolences to those that got scammed. I hope that "chicken farmer" gets his wings plucked and someone roasts his ass.

I may be able to help. Could someone please PM me where the "seller" is located?
I do not have that information since @Chickenfarmers used a VPN to connect to AH thus rendering the IP addresses on record worthless to pinpoint the location from my side. @PARA45 & @Peter Radekevich should start a private conversation with you with the information that they have.

@JHT, you have a pm from me.

@JHT, you have a pm from me.
You should invite @Peter Radekevich to the conversation that you are having with @JHT.

When you are on the conversation page looked for the box to the right called Conversation participants and click on the Invite more link to add another member to that conversation.

Jerome, I know you have a policy about putting personal information on the forum. However, since this individual is obviously a scammer, do you think posting his information on here would be useful for other member to be aware, or just in case he comes back with a different screen name? Your thoughts?

So sorry to you guys that got scammed. I was damn close to being also. But one red flag popped up in the PM exchange I had from him. I asked him if the rifle was manufactured in the New Haven, SC or Portuguese plants. His response was it was manufactured in New Haven, SC. Uhhh, what?!

This gave me pause and between that and being so buy at work, I got delayed in pulling the trigger. Fortunately by that time Jerome had posted the warning about him in this thread.

@PHOENIX PHIL, I asked him the same question, and he said that the one I was looking to buy was built in SC.

One strange thing about all this, is that he contacted a gun shop 20 min from him, inquiring what it would cost to ship two rifles. I spoke to the owner of the gun shop, and he remember the e-mail and the name "Chuck".

@PHOENIX PHIL, I asked him the same question, and he said that the one I was looking to buy was built in SC.

One strange thing about all this, is that he contacted a gun shop 20 min from him, inquiring what it would cost to ship two rifles. I spoke to the owner of the gun shop, and he remember the e-mail and the name "Chuck".

Well it would at least seem you know where this clown lives. Perhaps the gun shop owner could even provide a description of the guy to the police.

Unfortunately, he sent an e-mail, but gave the gun shop the address. We shall see.

When I asked for his real name, Charles was the first name.

So sorry to you guys that got scammed. I was damn close to being also. But one red flag popped up in the PM exchange I had from him. I asked him if the rifle was manufactured in the New Haven, SC or Portuguese plants. His response was it was manufactured in New Haven, SC. Uhhh, what?!

This gave me pause and between that and being so buy at work, I got delayed in pulling the trigger. Fortunately by that time Jerome had posted the warning about him in this thread.

Here is what he said to me that seemed really odd:

"Hello,
The Winchester M70 i have posted has been spoken for but i still have one left if you're interested.
Its in a like new condition. Comes with box and all extras from factory. in 30-06 Springfield with a 24" barrel. Take it to the range and you will be surrounded with admirers. But it is not just a show gun, it shoots very, very well. With its M.O.A. trigger system and solid Pre-64 action it is a tack driver that can take tough hunting in stride. Let me know if you'll take it and how much you are offering.

Thanks."

When I asked for his real name, Charles was the first name.

Yes, that is correct. He used "Chuck" on his personal e-mail. When I googled the address, his name came up.

This is what he said to me, and it's very similar to what he wrote to you.

Hello,
The Winchester Model 70 .30-60 i have posted here has been spoken for but i have one more that i would like to sell and i thought i should give you first run at it. Its in a pristine condition. Shoots like a dream with no hiccups. possibly the best .30-60 i have ever seen or shot. Fire about 120 successful rounds through it. Has a 24" barrel as well. Comes with papers/manuals but not the original box, The box got destroyed while i was moving to my new house. Don't know if that will be a deal breaker Hahahah. Anyways let me know if you want it.

Thanks and God Bless.

@AfricaHunting.com one way that could protect members and also would force any anti-hunter trolls to identify themselves as well is if your forum was upgraded to have realID vetting through one of the providers such as google, facebook, etc.

This type of plug-in provides some assurance that the person behind my userID is a real person, with a verified address, and a known identity. If a criminal act is purported to happen, "outing" that person in a matter of litigation is possible which reduces repudiation claims.

I suspect the developers of the forum software have such a plug-in available for you to utilize.

Sorry that happened to you guys.
Pretty ballsy for someone to scam a large group that owns innumerable firearms and knows how to use them.

Jerome, I know you have a policy about putting personal information on the forum. However, since this individual is obviously a scammer, do you think posting his information on here would be useful for other member to be aware, or just in case he comes back with a different screen name? Your thoughts?
It is true I have never divulged an email address of a member before however this situation is unique and I have also discovered that this person has been banned for being a scammer on another forum before using the same email address. With this pattern of behavior and the fact that this person has publicly shared their email address on another forum and for the sake of the community this is what I know.

@Chickenfarmers registered on AH with the following email address: rc5508237@gmail.com.

Found the following searching rc5508237@gmail.com on Google:
- https://www.fnforum.net/threads/wts-browning-citori-12ga-xt-trap-combo.106401/
- https://www.fnforum.net/threads/wts-browning-citori-12ga-xt-trap-combo.106401/
- https://www.fnforum.net/threads/wts-hk-p7m8.105010/
- https://www.fnforum.net/threads/wts-od-green-fn-fiveseven-5-7.104770/

The internet is loaded with people trying to remove you from your money and I myself was victim of a scam through eBay last year so I know how frustrating and upsetting this is.

As this person is using a VPN I'm not able to block his IP address from the site so he could still be here and have joined using a different username with a different email address.

Can I post his name and address???

Can I post his name and address???
@PARA45 Thank you for asking. The answer is no as my concern is that the information provided to you may be not his but some real information of innocent parties. I would prefer that you do this in the PM system if someone requests directly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg