For Sale Winchester Model 70 Super Grade .30-06

@PARA45 Thank you for asking. The answer is no as my concern is that the information provided to you may be not his but some real information of innocent parties. I would prefer that you do this in the PM system if someone requests directly.
This gun seems the same chicken farmers advertised. Guns internationsl had this one
completely matching for sale some time ago it seems. May be this will help to catch the Thief.

Screenshot_20210424-211829_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210424-205011_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20210424-205430_Google.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Chickenfingers probably lifted the ad from the GI seller. This all reminds me of how a few years ago on another forum, a member PM'd me and showed me some pics of a rifle he just sent money for to a Scamslist seller, big money.
The rifle in question was a rifle I had recently purchased! It too was from GI. I emailed the guy who sold me the rifle and told him about it, but there isnt much he can do, someone stole his listing and I think thats what happened here as well.

Chickenfingers probably lifted the ad from the GI seller. This all reminds me of how a few years ago on another forum, a member PM'd me and showed me some pics of a rifle he just sent money for to a Scamslist seller, big money.
The rifle in question was a rifle I had recently purchased! It too was from GI. I emailed the guy who sold me the rifle and told him about it, but there isnt much he can do, someone stole his listing and I think thats what happened here as well.
There may be a chance chickenFarmers bought this rifle. If so the selling FFL will have the NICS INFO WHICH HE HAS TO KEEP FOR EVER OR TILL HE CLOSES BUSINESS. AT THAT TIME IT TRANSFERS TO ATF

There may be a chance chickenFarmers bought this rifle. If so the selling FFL will have the NICS INFO WHICH HE HAS TO KEEP FOR EVER OR TILL HE CLOSES BUSINESS. AT THAT TIME IT TRANSFERS TO ATF
That is a possibility.

Wow, sorry to the guys who got scammed. Those of us who don't even think of doing those kinds of things, are naive to the possibility. I don't know if this helps at all, but I searched just his username in the search with no search words and he posted that he is a software and app developer. Edit: someone had indicated they might know his location and maybe there is a business that operates there that does software development.

Here is what he said to me that seemed really odd:

"Hello,
The Winchester M70 i have posted has been spoken for but i still have one left if you're interested.
Its in a like new condition. Comes with box and all extras from factory. in 30-06 Springfield with a 24" barrel. Take it to the range and you will be surrounded with admirers. But it is not just a show gun, it shoots very, very well. With its M.O.A. trigger system and solid Pre-64 action it is a tack driver that can take tough hunting in stride. Let me know if you'll take it and how much you are offering.

Thanks."

that pitch is copy from Winchester. Their marketing team wrote that copy, clipped from below:

Sweeter than maple syrup. And that is pretty sweet. The look of a Model 70 with a AAA Maple stock, embellished with classic ebony tip, along with a shadowline cheekpiece is hard to resist. Maple may seem retro to some, but this is beyond retro -- is ther such thing a neo retro? It looks better than any Maple-stocked rifle before. Take it to the range and get the surprise of your life. You will be surrounded with admirers. But it is not just a show gun, it shoots very, very well. With its M.O.A. trigger system and solid Pre-64 action it is a tack driver that can take tough hunting in stride. You have wanted one of these for a long time. Put one on your list and make it happen. “

nobody writes like that in correspondence. No one claims a pedestrian $1000 rifle will “surround you with admirers” except a marketing team. That was the dead giveaway of a fraud right there.

sorry for your losses, guys. Occam’s razor says the simplest explanation is usually correct. Simplest explanation is there is a legitimate seller named Chickenfarmer. A scammer hacked his login, saw his stuff for sale, saw his logins were the same all over different sites, and just set up the fraud operating (masquerading) as him. This is pretty common tactics. If a hacker gets your email, and PayPal, and eBay details they see all you are selling. Just sell that stuff some more since you’ve obtained their credentials.

Last edited:
Sorry gents, certainly sucks. Glad it was a 30-06 and not a 338 or I’d have been like Biden in a girls school on that thing!

It sure makes it difficult to trust any sellers here!
The sad thing is that there are dozens of honest sellers/buyers that have completed hundreds of transactions to everyone's satisfaction. But then some shyster comes in and takes advantage of the situation so now everyone has to be on guard when considering a purchase. Now it will take several transactions before people will feel at ease. thanks chickernrarmer or whatever your name is.

Sorry gents, certainly sucks. Glad it was a 30-06 and not a 338 or I’d have been like Biden in a girls school on that thing!
So you're saying you would have sniffed it and forgotten its name?
Weird way to treat a rifle if you ask me........ :E Shrug:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It sure makes it difficult to trust any sellers here!
I understand why you say that but I view it just as a reminder to us all that are probably a bit overly trusting that these jerks are out there taking advantage of that.

I think the longer you’re on this site you’ll realize this is a great group of guys and gals committed more to helping one another in chasing our passion that is Africa Hunting...and all things hunting really.
I believe this happens more so on other sites and I think pretty darn rare here. I believe that’s because at the heart of the vast majority of the members here have heart and, thankfully willing to share experiences (good and bad) for the betterment of everyone here...to make all of experiences better.

To me the classifieds are a spin-off, if you will, of that overall purpose. So whenever money is involved, bad characters will be inevitable. We just have to be mindful of it.

Jerome and Brickburn are second to none in watching our backs. I hope this was more of an isolated incident and so I don’t believe this does, nor should, reflect badly on othe entirety of the members’ trustworthiness.

This is a great site. Enjoy it. Contribute to it. Benefit from it.
Just, like anywhere else nowadays, be as sure as you can when purchasing.

I always look to see how long they have been a member. Chickenman was here for a couple years or more but I never realized his post till recently.

I always look to see how long they have been a member. Chickenman was here for a couple years or more but I never realized his post till recently.
Yep. I’ve only found the site a year ago but I don’t remember anything for him until the last 3weeks or so.

I remember when his posts started showing up and that was fairly recently even though he'd been a member for a while. They seemed kind of disconnected and arbitrary in content, like he wasn't really connected to our group or possibly not even a hunter while trying to sound like one. Looking back on it, he may have been simply trying to quickly build name recognition and build post count immediately prior to putting that rifle up for sale. Kind of like softening or prepping the market. Hindsight is 20-20 and I was certainly lucky not to get caught up in the scam.

I remember when his posts started showing up and that was fairly recently even though he'd been a member for a while. They seemed kind of disconnected and arbitrary in content, like he wasn't really connected to our group or possibly not even a hunter while trying to sound like one. Looking back on it, he may have been simply trying to quickly build name recognition and build post count immediately prior to putting that rifle up for sale. Kind of like softening or prepping the market. Hindsight is 20-20 and I was certainly lucky not to get caught up in the scam.

He posted he wore Richard Mille watch when hunting in Africa, I didn't connect that post to him until later, but that's the biggest line of bullshit every posted on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!