AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
KZN Hunting Shooting & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sweden
I am going on a weeks break to South Africa from Zambia (working here). I want to buy some Rhino 375 and 30-06 bullets and take them back to the UK with me at the end of my Zambia project. I am planning on putting them in my checked luggage.

Has anyone experienced any problem doing this? I won’t have any brass, primers, propellant etc, just a few pointy lumps of lead and copper. Flying SAA to Joburg and back to Lusaka, then Emirates to London at end of November.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you luck, I thought of doing the same thing except that I live in the States. Legal importation of Rhinos or any other bullet manufactured in a foreign country requires an Importers License. From a cost perspective, it just wasn't feasible. Getting caught trying to sneak a few into the UK might be a lot more expensive.

I wish you luck, I thought of doing the same thing except that I live in the States. Legal importation of Rhinos or any other bullet manufactured in a foreign country requires an Importers License. From a cost perspective, it just wasn't feasible. Getting caught trying to sneak a few into the UK might be a lot more expensive.

Fair point. Don’t want any trouble coming my way.

I am going on a weeks break to South Africa from Zambia (working here). I want to buy some Rhino 375 and 30-06 bullets and take them back to the UK with me at the end of my Zambia project. I am planning on putting them in my checked luggage.

Has anyone experienced any problem doing this? I won’t have any brass, primers, propellant etc, just a few pointy lumps of lead and copper. Flying SAA to Joburg and back to Lusaka, then Emirates to London at end of November.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, my concern as a citizen of the U.S. would be my government. I'd amplify that if I was from the U.K. I think if I were you, I'd get in contact with whoever you currently source your components from and see what they can do to help and/or guide you.

Shipping or carrying any firearms related stuff into and out of USA is clearly a very bureaucratic matter. Other countries is a different matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg