Finally got my Landi!

I have a disco 1 with the 4.0 liter. It has been a blast to drive and for teaching my son a bit about mechanics.

It has always got me home, and I am always proud when it can actually make it up to the speed limit !

PXL_20240308_194848941.jpg

Ill see your landi's and your cruisers... and raise you a grenadier... :)

Ill see your landi's and your cruisers... and raise you a grenadier... :)

This is a car I have very high hopes for, as a good working vehicle for the future.

Rare Breed, good on you for following your dream. Haters gonna hate. There is a place for everyone! I’ve had my 1965 series 2a 109 station wagon for more than 15 years, and it was my daily driver for 12 of those years. Always puts a smile on my face. Here it is with my newer truck, a 1980 Mercedes unimog 416 Doka, another smile generator.
IMG_4907.jpeg

I am going a similar route this year as my 2018 4Runner is at 100K+ at the moment. I am in line to receive the new Lexus GX 550 Overtrail+ model sometime in April or May when they start getting shipped over from Japan.

Here is a review. Getting the same green color as in the video.

Please post a review once you receive yours. I want the same thing.

And another, apropos to this forumView attachment 596058
i have no doubts I will have problems over time with my Landi…but it sure gives me pleasure and makes me smile!!! At the risk of being ridiculed which all of you know me I am fine with it…I now have my front tag “Rare Breed” sign with Rigby underneath. I also will shortly receive my Rigby logo for the front and back of my Landi to mimic the joint Rigby/Land Rover you can buy

Back in the days of my single life, I was living in Homestead, Florida. A good friend of mine drove a Series II Disco and loved the vehicle. I always wanted to own one, especially the Defender, but back then those vehicles were discontinued. I got a great deal on a preowned Green Disco Series II, with 15K miles, so I bought it. Loved the SUV and love how it handled the roads. I actually took it to a Land Rover meet, sponsored by Land Rover, and took this vehicle through some of their obstacle courses, and I was amazed on their capabilities. My love with the vehicle didn't last very long. three and half years of owning this beautiful vehicle, my service advisor told me that my vehicle needed a valve job, with only 53K miles on it, and it would cost roughly $4500.00. I was in shock, and this obviously was not covered under the extended warranty I had. I was completely disappointed, and traded the vehicle two weeks later, and bought a Nissan Pathfinder.

My 1988 Toyota Four Runner with 288K miles never had a valve job. The only things I replaced on that vehicle were tires, brakes, one radiator, and AC compressor. Everything worked on that vehicle even after 20 years of driving it.

Maybe I got a lemon, who knows. Good luck with yours, and I hope it's not a money pit.

I finally did it! I sold my truck and bought a Land Rover LR4. No it is not @Kevin Peacocke s level with his beautiful Landi but it was the best I could do. It is an immaculate 2013 with less than 10,000 miles per year on her. The only problem is the dashboard looks like NASA with all the options; heated seats and steering wheel, 4 different 4 WD options…what’s wrong with just a simple High and Low? Seats 7 with seat belts yet seats fold down to just front two providing great carrying space. Already love it!!!
@Rare Breed
All's well until you get a flat battery and nothing works. Has it got a dip stick for the oil or is it the new fangled one where you put the oil in and don't worry until the next service or the motor blows up which ever comes first.
The reason there's so much room when the seats fold down is so you have somewhere to sleep while waiting for the mechanic or two truck.
Bob

@Rare Breed
All's well until you get a flat battery and nothing works. Has it got a dip stick for the oil or is it the new fangled one where you put the oil in and don't worry until the next service or the motor blows up which ever comes first.
The reason there's so much room when the seats fold down is so you have somewhere to sleep while waiting for the mechanic or two truck.
Bob
lol! You have hit on the one thing I don’t like…no dip stick only a very hard to use gauge you have to scan through

We owned three different Range Rovers over fifteen years, and they were wonderful to drive. BUT, the maintenance is eye watering. Our latest, a 2016, was seen every six-months or 10K miles for an oil change and service. Of course, that really needed to be done at Range Rover because of the electronics and computer system. It was almost impossible to walk out of one of those engagements for less than 2K. We finally threw in the towel last year and bought a new QX-80. Great machine and no maintenance costs. Good luck with yours.
Can you elaborate on the servicing costs and complications? I would love a Range Rover one day as a second car.

When I had my Discovery, something as simple as windshield wipers had to be purchased from the dealer at $35.00 each. For some reason all the other windshield wiper manufacturer did carry them. Oil change for mine I believe was something in the +$200. Tire rotation was another $200.00, topping fluids (I truly don't remember), and everything that the service manager thought it was necessary to do. I didn't pay 2K but it was $600.00-800.00 during those visits.

Unfortunately that sort of thing is common with nicer euro cars/trucks..

Only BMW could service my wife’s X5… with oil changes close to $300..

I changed a headlight (just the bulb) on my daughter’s Volvo xc60 t6 a few months ago… it was a freaking $198 light bulb..

I believe their mentality is, those owners have money, soft manicured hands, and they do not want to get those clean hands dirty doing that type of manual labor, so they will do it for you instead. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Love my Rangie..... Basil..

RR.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamisonDel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you