Rare Breed

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I finally did it! I sold my truck and bought a Land Rover LR4. No it is not @Kevin Peacocke s level with his beautiful Landi but it was the best I could do. It is an immaculate 2013 with less than 10,000 miles per year on her. The only problem is the dashboard looks like NASA with all the options; heated seats and steering wheel, 4 different 4 WD options…what’s wrong with just a simple High and Low? Seats 7 with seat belts yet seats fold down to just front two providing great carrying space. Already love it!!!

We owned three different Range Rovers over fifteen years, and they were wonderful to drive. BUT, the maintenance is eye watering. Our latest, a 2016, was seen every six-months or 10K miles for an oil change and service. Of course, that really needed to be done at Range Rover because of the electronics and computer system. It was almost impossible to walk out of one of those engagements for less than 2K. We finally threw in the towel last year and bought a new QX-80. Great machine and no maintenance costs. Good luck with yours.

A Range Rover eye watering or not aint a Land Rover.... ...
Cruising I-35 at 90 mph with its supercharged V8 it sure ain't. And still ludicrously expensive to operate.

a new QX-80

I very reluctantly gave in about 18 months ago and conceded to bringing a new QX80 home… I tried extremely hard to get my wife to go for a loaded Toyota Sequoia instead… I thought the QX80 was over priced (albeit over equipped for the price point), and didn’t think it would have the reliability or durability of the Toyota..

I am incredibly happy that I gave in… it’s been a wonderful SUV… drives like a dream.. is far and away the most comfortable vehicle in its class that I have ever ridden in.. has been completely reliable so far….

I still love the Sequoia, and am excited about the Land Cruiser coming back to the US later this year… but looking back, the QX80 has been a great balance between a “city” vehicle and a “country” vehicle for us… zero regrets with that purchase..

...We finally threw in the towel last year and bought a new QX-80. Great machine and no maintenance costs. Good luck with yours.

I am going a similar route this year as my 2018 4Runner is at 100K+ at the moment. I am in line to receive the new Lexus GX 550 Overtrail+ model sometime in April or May when they start getting shipped over from Japan.

Here is a review. Getting the same green color as in the video.

I finally did it! I sold my truck and bought a Land Rover LR4. No it is not @Kevin Peacocke s level with his beautiful Landi but it was the best I could do. It is an immaculate 2013 with less than 10,000 miles per year on her. The only problem is the dashboard looks like NASA with all the options; heated seats and steering wheel, 4 different 4 WD options…what’s wrong with just a simple High and Low? Seats 7 with seat belts yet seats fold down to just front two providing great carrying space. Already love it!!!
You have become a man my son..

Series One Land Rovers are not so much for people who are short sighted as for those with their eyes close together.
IMG_1425.jpeg

All these things are true:

-You check the fuel and fill up the oil

-The lucas electrical system isn’t broken, it never worked correctly to begin with

-You’ll have fun an look cool driving it

Congrats on your new hobby. It was a financially silly decision, one I intend to copy in the near future.

Well done.

We are on a Land Rover trip at present.

Six vehicles in our packet - including two 6x6 variants - thousands of kms this week - lots of them off the bitumen - no issues, no oil leaks - just one puncture.

All are former Defence vehicles.

IMG_6895.jpeg

IMG_6884.jpeg

We’ve been to Craig’s Hut as featured in The Man from Snowy River.

20240314_163535.jpeg

And even dropped in to see the Kerrigans place at Bonnie Doon - from the film The Castle. Which is now available for holiday rentals if anyone here finds themselves in the High Country chasing Sambar deer :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6885.jpeg

Last edited:

OK so a discovery....and it has less than 10,000 miles a year on it from 2013....so that's around 80 to 90,000 miles on it now....mmmm.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyLever

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you