Favorite movie lines

I,m surprised you guys missed these
Cool Hand Luke,, Struther Martin. What we have here is a failure to communicate
Post #56..............but worth a second citation. (y)

From Legends of The Fall:

One Stab:

Every warrior hopes a good death will find him.
But Tristan couldn't wait, he went looking for his.

One Stab:

Tristan died in the moon of the popping trees. He was last seen in the north country, hunting.
His grave is unmarked, but it does not matter.
He had always lived in the borderland, anyway.
Somewhere between this world and the other.

It was a good death.

“A man learns nothing from winning. The act of losing, however, can elicit great wisdom. Not least of which is, how much more enjoyable it is to win. It's inevitable to lose now and again. The trick is not to make a habit of it.” Albert Finney as Uncle Henry - A Good Year

“I'm dying. I know this because my physician has stopped talking about my health and begun discussing the weather.” Albert Finney as Uncle Henry - A Good Year

“Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.” Russel Crowe as Maximus - Gladiator

Probably half the dialogue spoken by Val Kilmer in Tombstone (crime he wasn't nominated for best supporting actor)

I would second "I had a farm in Africa"

"Whacking a surly bartender ain't much of a crime." Robert Duval as Augustus McCrae - Lonesome Dove

"Who are those guys?" Paul Newman as Butch Cassidy - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

A bunch more and many of those listed above.
Boem, Charles Trenet

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend.

almost forgot:

"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock!"

"Pleased to meet you" Kevin Kline to Scott Glenn in "Silverado"
"I don't think there's any posse up there, it's just a couple of guys and this assholes one of them"- outlaw leader, same movie

"Get the hell out of here you god damn pork eating frog turd! ... I can't stand that nasty talking bastard!" Brian Keith in The Mountain Men

I haven't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone's listed this one. It's my favorite.
From Monty Walsh, Tom Sellick.
After the fight where they roped the smokestack off the train. Monty,
What's your name? Train engineer, Rudy. Monty, "Rudy you can't have no idea how little I care"!
I've actually used that several times,

I haven't read the whole thread so don't know if anyone's listed this one. It's my favorite.
From Monty Walsh, Tom Sellick.
After the fight where they roped the smokestack off the train. Monty,
What's your name? Train engineer, Rudy. Monty, "Rudy you can't have no idea how little I care"!
I've actually used that several times,
Hah! I remember it well, have used it several times myself... :) what's YOUR name Monty?... "Montelius"..... pow!..... Whadya do that for.... "to prevent smilin" :)

almost forgot:

"I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock!"
"No, you'll shoot your eye out."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg