Favorite movie lines

Almost any line from Tombstone. A few that haven't been mentioned yet:

"How 'bout a spelling contest"

"He's down by the creek. Walking on water"

Turkey Creek: Doc, you oughta be in bed. What the hell you doing this for, anyway?
Doc: Wyatt Earp is my friend.
T.C.: Hell, I've got lots of friends.
Doc: I don't.

And so many more!

Last edited:
From other movies:

"Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now." - Clark Griswold, Christmas Vacation

"Austria?!? Well then, G'day mate. Let's put another shrimp on the barbie" - Lloyd Christmas, Dumb and Dumber

Jeremiah- "The injuns put you here?"
Del Gue- "T'weren't Mormons!" ... Jeremiah Johnson

"You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?" - Joe Dirt

"Can I start over? I want to say something. Gonna put it out there and if you like it you can take it, if not send it right back. ... I want to be on you. ... Wait! Wait, wait, wait, wait, I... I wanna be on you!" - Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Lt. Dan: "Thought I'd try out my sea legs."
Forrest: "Well, you ain't got no legs, Lt. Dan." - Forrest Gump

I could quote movies all day long.

Thought of a couple more
Dammit man the doobie brother's broke up! shit! Michael Douglas romancing the stone
Can we use your car? who told you I have a car? The men in the village. They told you i have a car, they are such comedians. They mean my little mule pepe! same movie

Blues brothers

3. "We're 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.... Hit it."

2. "We're Getting The Band Back Together"

1. "We're On A Mission From God"

Tombstone
Doc - "I think the strain on his nerves was more than he could bear"
Doc - "My hypocrisy only goes so far"

Not a movie but Justified has some great lines and even better scenes.
Jesus woman you only shot people at the dinner table?

I sure this movie has been mentioned quite a few times already, but Smokey and the Bandit is full of them. I should have thought to put this on my original post in this thread but here goes.
My favorites from that gem are:

"I don't see how that's germane to the situation, .... the damn Germans aint got nothing to do with it"

"It must be hell finding matching suits in a 69 fat and a 12 dwarf"

"I'm going to bbq your ass in molasses"

There is no way, no way that you could come from my loins... remind me when we get home to punch your momma in the mouth"

“You‘re not hunting him......... he’s hunting you.”

“Give me your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.”

Last edited:
Yuri Orlov, Lord of War: "There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

Anchorman: "
Ron Burgundy: Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast!
Champ Kind: It jumped up a notch!
Ron Burgundy: It did, didn't it?
Brick Tamland: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart!
Ron Burgundy: I saw that! Brick killed a guy! Did you throw a trident?"

The Big Short: "Truth is like poetry, and most people fucking hate poetry."

Mark Hanna, The Wolf of Wall Street: "You gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers!"

General Aladeen, The Dictator: "You go to the bathroom after Osama, you will realize the true meaning of terrorism!"

Darth Sidious, Revenge of the Sith: "I am the Senate!" and "The dark side of the force is a path to many abilities some might call... unnatural."

The Life of Brian: "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"

Quigley Down Under: "Said I didn't have much use for 'em, never said I didn't know how to use 'em."

Kingdom of Heaven: The priest Heraclius trying to save his neck while Saladin holds Jerusalem under seige:
Convert now, repent later!

Dirty Dozen:
- What kind of food is that?
- Pig face, serve it up!
What is it?
I don’t know. I never ate anything like this before.
I’ve stepped in it a couple of times,
but I never ate it.

"Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions" - Robin Longstride in the movie Robin Hood

Reference to the Magna Carta as one of the underlying themes woven throughout the movie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!