Exactly how many Houstonians do we have here?

Definitely not baseball

Incidentally, the Texas Rangers was the first military unit in world history to use repeating firearms. Changed the course of the war with the indians.

image.jpg
image (1).jpg

Given to me by my Native Houstonian friends when I moved here. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just happy to see that his tattoo didn't have any misspellings.
FYI - I'm not from Texas, originally from upstate NY.
C'mon - bring it.
I know how you want to razz a yankee boy.

I lived on Lon Guyland for a couple years and met a few up-staters. Only difference between up-staters and us is the accent. ;) Oh. And your marxist troll of a governor and senators. :D

I lived on Lon Guyland for a couple years and met a few up-staters. Only difference between up-staters and us is the accent. ;) Oh. And your marxist troll of a governor and senators. :D
Thanks Sarge.
I call myself "Appalachian American" aka Northern Redneck.
Grew up in farm (mostly dairy cow) country but you are correct, I lack the Southern accent.
Glad to hear you survived LI and were able to make it back to friendly territory.
In case you couldn't tell, I don't share the NYC "blue" point of view to say the least.

Well I was born Southern, but Texas isn't really southern. It sort of is, but it's its own thing. I wasn't born here, but I got here as quick as I could. Been here almost 30 years now. I'm afraid we're going to be californicated within the next 5 or 6 years. Not sure why folks have to come to a place that's good and drag all their trash with them, turning us into the dumps they fled.

Next move will be PNW or Panama. I haven't decided which yet.

Thanks Sarge.
I call myself "Appalachian American" aka Northern Redneck.
Grew up in farm (mostly dairy cow) country but you are correct, I lack the Southern accent.
Glad to hear you survived LI and were able to make it back to friendly territory.
In case you couldn't tell, I don't share the NYC "blue" point of view to say the least.
I converted a “blue” up state 60 year old man several years ago using fly fishing the San Juan River in NM, large doses of Crown Royal and a lot of time out in the woods shooting. I think he might have even canceled his rolling stone subscription! I know he started buying guns and even hunting deer. He said he hadn’t held a gun since 1971. I felt like a healer after that!lol.

Well I was born Southern, but Texas isn't really southern. It sort of is, but it's its own thing. I wasn't born here, but I got here as quick as I could. Been here almost 30 years now. I'm afraid we're going to be californicated within the next 5 or 6 years. Not sure why folks have to come to a place that's good and drag all their trash with them, turning us into the dumps they fled.

Next move will be PNW or Panama. I haven't decided which yet.
Southern is a state of mind, not a place you live...wife from GA showed me that.
We are gonna bunker where we are until we really feel the need to make a move.
Good luck wherever you land and don't be scared to phone a friend...I'll be happy to help you out.

I converted a “blue” up state 60 year old man several years ago using fly fishing the San Juan River in NM, large doses of Crown Royal and a lot of time out in the woods shooting. I think he might have even canceled his rolling stone subscription! I know he started buying guns and even hunting deer. He said he hadn’t held a gun since 1971. I felt like a healer after that!lol.

If people are at least receptive to entertaining other ideas, well, giants have come before me, so I let their (very short) books do the talking - John Pugsley's "The Alpha Strategy" is what I'll ask them to read first, then Henry Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson," and finally Frederic Bastiat's "The Law." There are better and more comprehensive books (Hayek, von Mises, Rand, Friedman, et al), but those books are (IMO) for people who are blank slates or for the already-converted. I made those 3 books required reading for my kids.

Southern is a state of mind, not a place you live...wife from GA showed me that.
We are gonna bunker where we are until we really feel the need to make a move.
Good luck wherever you land and don't be scared to phone a friend...I'll be happy to help you out.

Being Texan is a state of mind. I'm Texan, not Southern. ;)

It's sort of like being Southern, but with a much bigger "FU" streak in it.

Thankfully, I have a choice.... I was born & raised in Texas..... 5+ generations.....but 250 miles north of HTown. Spent 4 years in SETX. I prefer the NTX.

I'm right up the road between The Woodlands and Conroe. A little sad the convention isn't two exits from the house this year.

Not from Houston but little further south down 59 in El Campo.
Well, technically I'm in Sugar Land, but even when I lived in Coldspring, I still considered it Houston. El Campo definitely counts.

Thankfully, I have a choice.... I was born & raised in Texas..... 5+ generations.....but 250 miles north of HTown. Spent 4 years in SETX. I prefer the NTX.
I wasn't born here, but I got here as quick as I could.

I'd be tickled with Tarrant County, but you couldn't pay me any amount of money to live in the neighboring county to the east. I won't even say the name. ;)

Not from Houston but little further south down 59 in El Campo.

I've been on a few amazing goose hunts in the El Campo area. Thousands and thousand........pity they were all Snows. Not very good eating but still a lot of fun to hunt.

I've been on a few amazing goose hunts in the El Campo area. Thousands and thousand........pity they were all Snows. Not very good eating but still a lot of fun to hunt.
I used to duck and goose hunt with Carl Hopkins out in Brookshire and Fulshear. You are right about those snows. They're awful.

I’m late checking in but I’m a native Houstonian. I went to Austin High School and lived in Houston proper until 1988. I live in The Woodlands, now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois