Double addicted

Took the old WR double to the range. Harnady DGX. The furthest up and down are free standing, the rest are off a sand pillow. Not a bad start for a 119 year old double.
6B434795-6896-48BC-8A4A-95B5EAD20C0B.jpeg
 
Nice Kevin...what distance was it..?
 
My .450/400 barrels for my Kgun are finally on their way! They should be on the February shipment from Germany. I've already dropped my rifle off with my dealer so it can be sent to Kreighoff in PA to have it fitted to the barrels. I'll have to then get it to JJ for the red dot mounting. And then the fun begins.
 
View attachment 513607
A cool hunt with my Double
Nice blue wildebeest!! I am in the process of finalizing a hunt to South Africa this fall where I will take my double to take a cull giraffe and some blue wildebeests and zebras, to say I am excited is an understatement!!
 
Nice animals indeed. Have you noticed how most of the doubles we are seeing have red dot sights fitted?
I do. When I sent my DR 500 NE to JJ Perodeau I also had a nice big warthog front sight installed when I want to use open sights. Having the red dot ramp installed gives you both options which I like
 
Here are a average and a large warthog from Tally Ho in 2021.
Both shot with my Heym 88B .458 Win with 470 gr Cutting Edge Safari Raptor bullets

2021 Large WH (2).jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,570,744
Members
169,005
Latest member
AnneUrban8
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top