Double addicted

JJ Perodeau added the RMR mount, recoil pad, and mercury recoil reducer to this FAUL .470NE. I must have got the luck of the draw because this old Belgian regulates factory loaded Federal A-Frames and damn near everything I have run though it so far.
I always love to see pics of old belgian's :) I'm not familiar with Faul however.

Fabrique d'Armes d'Unies Leige. Unfortunately I am unable to upload pics.
Ah yes, them I've heard of.
If you are on pc, you can just drag and drop the picture in a the box where you type. It should do everything automatically.

How about a small 7mm prewar German double and the man who brought it back :D
1D687414-F75A-4FAF-A567-5136D9587D48.jpeg
2562A566-832C-4065-B5C9-AB5F78AFAF73.jpeg
30E46972-520D-4085-9E31-F3C6B8181722.jpeg

Strangely enough, Aussie soldiers who did that faced charges of "Looting", as happened with the armsful of Japanese swords that came back to the US at the end of WW2... Different times, different places, different countries ...

I still consider it a better fate than being ran over by a Sherman, like thousands of others. I bought this from the General’s estate a few years ago. His picture here was taken during the Bulge.
That's a beautiful rifle! Pre-war commercial German rifles are, in my opinion, equal to any other pre-war commercial rifles.

How about a small 7mm prewar German double and the man who brought it back :DView attachment 518708View attachment 518709View attachment 518710
Sadly, there are far more pre-war German hunting rifles and shotguns in North America than in Germany. Soldiers were allowed to bring firearms back, and every unoccupied building or home in the Reich was searched (looted) for souvenirs and valuables. Because so many Americans hunted, hunting firearms were high on the desired list. My father was in the China Burma theater, so the opportunity to discover a finely made OU or SxS was fairly rare. However, a dear friend of our family and battery commander returned home with several SxS shotguns that he used for the rest of his life.

And yes, many others were destroyed. Germany was a land of women and children - widows and wives whose husbands were POWs. Most in Russia never returned. When calls went out by occupation forces to turn in all weapons, these women largely complied. Often, the firearms were piled in the streets and run over by an armored vehicle.

A gentleman I knew in Germany while stationed there in the seventies had been a doctor in the Wehrmacht. Wounded himself in early '45, he was recovering at home when the collapse became imminent. He and his father hid their hunting firearms in the rafters of an old barn on their property where they remained until private ownership was again permitted in the fifties.

One other little historical vignette. Most of the combination guns and rifles that were "liberated" during the war have claw bases and no scope. The typical American GI had never seen a combination gun, much less a claw mounted scope. While rummaging through hostile closets, no one ever thought to look for a separate leather case containing a telescopic sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you