December buffalo hunt Zimbabwe

Bloody hell, mate, what a mess! Sorry, I keep thinking of foot jokes, like putting one foot in it, or being footloose, or dipping toes in hot water. I'll buy you a beer or ten if I get a chance. Just make sure you get it fixed up good; there's a hunt to complete. Absolutely best wishes and commiserations.
I don't climb ladders any more; get airsick standing on tip toe...
Thanks Geoff! I'm getting stick from everyone here, like: "C'mon mate! Hop to it!" - which I can't even do at present!! You're on mate! When I come back from my hunt next year I'll drop around and tell you all about it over those beers! (y)

Timbo, whereabouts in WA are you? As an anaesthetic, organise someone to get you a bottle of Millburners Infinity Solera Cask single malt. (Warning! This stuff is a bit pricey!!) 2017 International whisky of the year. Distilled "just down the road" in Albany . . . Smooooooth . . .

Timbo, whereabouts in WA are you? As an anaesthetic, organise someone to get you a bottle of Millburners Infinity Solera Cask single malt. (Warning! This stuff is a bit pricey!!) 2017 International whisky of the year. Distilled "just down the road" in Albany . . . Smooooooth . . .
Thanks for the tip. When I'm up and mobile I'll look into it: I know a nice spot that way for a deer as well. I prefer the single malts over blended. (y)

Ugh! Timbo I was having breakfast this morning when I saw the picture of your foot! Gagging! Take care!

Thanks Ridgewalker! Not my intention to offend anyone, but only illustrate genuine reason. Sorry for putting you off your breakfast! :whistle:

Last edited:
Although it may be a bit sore, your foot shouldn't hamper our planned July hunt with Pawprint. I can all but guarantee that my "hobbling" about will be worse than yours. LOL Besides this will just give you more time on the loading bench.

Although it may be a bit sore, your foot shouldn't hamper our planned July hunt with Pawprint. I can all but guarantee that my "hobbling" about will be worse than yours. LOL Besides this will just give you more time on the loading bench.
Yea Gods! I'm rolling about laughing with visions of us two hobbling about, accompanied by the click-clack of us fighting with walking sticks:
"It's MY trophy!",
"No! It's MINE!",
"Well then I hope you trip!"
"Yeah? Well I gave your scope's windage turret a BIG turn when you weren't looking!"
(Sorry! Montypythonesque humour now running away with me!!)
In all seriousness this hunt is going to be fun! Can't wait! (y)

I can already see that for the Group Hunt "if you can't take it, don't dish it out."

BTW how old is your daughter.

I can already see that for the Group Hunt "if you can't take it, don't dish it out."

BTW how old is your daughter.
Oh no, no, no! All jesting done is in the spirit of good fun only!

My daughter is 22yo. A petite little thing at 45kg wringing wet in hunting boots! But she can certainly look after herself. Check out my photos - she used my .30/06 to drop her water buffalo.

Completely understood. Jesting amongst friends is always done in the spirit of good fun only. The American "saying" of if you can't take it, don't dish it out is our way of saying that. Remember that old WW II rag about Two Peoples separated by a common language. No offence ment, none taken.

Completely understood. Jesting amongst friends is always done in the spirit of good fun only. The American "saying" of if you can't take it, don't dish it out is our way of saying that. Remember that old WW II rag about Two Peoples separated by a common language. No offence ment, none taken.
My sentiments exactly! Am greatly looking forward to meeting you guys.

How old was your daughter when she took the Water buffalo shown in your post Girl, Game, Rifle. She is petite, I'm surprised she doesn't complain about the recoil of an 0'-6. Have you ever considered putting a muzzle brake on her rifle? I had a 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser cut down to make a "kids" gun since 10 year olds can now legally hunt deer when accompanied by an adult. I had a Limbsaver recoil pad and a muzzle brake put on it to reduce the recoil as much as possible.

How old was your daughter when she took the Water buffalo shown in your post Girl, Game, Rifle. She is petite, I'm surprised she doesn't complain about the recoil of an 0'-6. Have you ever considered putting a muzzle brake on her rifle? I had a 6.5 x 55 Swedish Mauser cut down to make a "kids" gun since 10 year olds can now legally hunt deer when accompanied by an adult. I had a Limbsaver recoil pad and a muzzle brake put on it to reduce the recoil as much as possible.
She took her buffalo in Oct 2015, putting all five rounds into it off sticks. Her impala was taken in Sept 2013. The only time she said she felt any recoil with the '06 was down at the range practising before leaving. At the time she needed to step up and do the work, she didn't even notice it - she was too pumped up with the excitement!

I hate flip-flops!

Good luck with your recovery.

Tim

I hate flip-flops!

Good luck with your recovery.

Tim

Thongs is one of those words that have changed meaning in my lifetime. :eek:

Haha...yeah, we did call them that, back in the 60's!

Still called things here, but used the more internationally used term "flip- flops" for brevity.

Hi All,

Just want a bit of advice. I've got a late buffalo hunt booked for early December in Zim, and am debating whether or not to proceed. In light of recent events, does any PH or recent clients know/have advice of what the situation is like for clients over there right now? Thanks.

All good and safe.. no problems at all. Better than ever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatildaGra

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.