Dangerous, Non Dangerous Game

A geologist friend of mine, a large man got impailed in the legs several times over by a duiker ram that lived on his plot. The ewe dropped a little one that my buddy didn't realise was nearby and the ram was protecting his family. My buddy said he fought the thing for quite a while, it just wouldn't give up. They all lived through it though.
 
Supposedly Bongo
 
Supposedly Bongo
I'm sure. Had a Nyala charge this year. Have heard that Nyala could be cheeky, but never experienced it. Still would not hesitate putting my dogs onto a Nyala. Don't think that a Nyala is quick enough for the terriers. I would imagine that a charge from a Bongo would be the same.
 
Not quite the same but a lot of years ago my brother and his friend were doing a hunt in Botswana...his friend shot a sable...and when it was being loaded the head got dropped....one horn went straight through the trackers foot...so in this case it was a case of the.."be careful its the dead ones that get you".... :E Big Grin: ..but along with bushbuck am also careful approaching sable when down....one that had been spined still had use of front legs, and when we approached it it suddenly tried to have a go by dragging itself up with them and swinging its horns as we approached it ...was making quite fast progress till a shot finished it....love sable they are my favourite antelope
 
What happened to that young PH in Namibia, some months ago who got stabbed by a gemsbok? Is he ok?
 
What happened to that young PH in Namibia, some months ago who got stabbed by a gemsbok? Is he ok?
As far as I remember, that was in SA. What I heard was that he needed a couple of surgeries, but on the path to recovery now.
 
We just go back from a great safari with Marius. (Report to follow in a few days once I get some more sleep) I can confirm that nick is doing well, his stitches were pulled out at the lodge while we were there and he is back out hunting with some clients as I write this.
 
Almost 30 years ago I also didn't put my shot where it should have been on a young bushbuck ram for the pot. My dog was with me a staffordshire terrier tracking the ram we found it under a bush lying flat looking at us. My dog went closer and then too close the ram headbutted him luckily there was no space or time for the ram to drive the horns lower.

The ram sped past me while I tried to fire another shot at him in the run which missed. The ram ran straight into the river with my dog behind. My dog caught up with him and bascially drowned the ram by staying on his back and he succumbed to the first shot.

It was crazy and I couldnt shoot with my dog on its back but luckily my dog didnt get hurt.
A year later my dog passed away from a mozambique spitting cobra bite that was behind our deep freeze. Huge sucker almost 2 meters in length it was a very sad day. Killed the snake the next day and saw several bite marks from my dog. :cry:

Nick, get well fast and you can tell about another good scrar to show off with the ladies. (y)
 
Hey Marius,

OUCH, Nick! The ToTo Crew sends their best wishes & speedy recovery …
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,134
Members
169,903
Latest member
RicardoMar
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top