275r7x57

AH veteran
Reaction score
Cowboy Boots

1. Who wears cowboy boots daily?

2. Who wears cowboy boots traveling?

3. Who wears cowboy boots hunting?

4. What do you wear and why?

I wear boots all the time except during the summer when working outside (I wear shorts then, and boots just don’t quite feel right). Even in the summer though, I still wear them as long as I’m not working. I have been wearing Ariat for the last few years because they are just more comfortable than anything else I’ve tried.

Under 80F
Above that feet get too hot.
Ariats. Round toe, walking heel.

I wear boots pretty much every day the only time I don't is if I'm wearing scrubs for school. I've always farmed and roped and wore jeans and boots just cause I always needed them. Once you are at the point where you wear them every day to work in you kind of just get used to them never really knew any different my dad was the same way and so was my grandfather. I was in middle school before I ever wore a pair of shorts and they honestly just didn't feel right and can honestly say other than once or twice as a joke never wore any. Didn't wear anything but boots till I got a pair of Twisted X's to wear with scrubs.

I wear boots pretty much every day the only time I don't is if I'm wearing scrubs for school. I've always farmed and roped and wore jeans and boots just cause I always needed them. Once you are at the point where you wear them every day to work in you kind of just get used to them never really knew any different my dad was the same way and so was my grandfather. I was in middle school before I ever wore a pair of shorts and they honestly just didn't feel right and can honestly say other than once or twice as a joke never wore any. Didn't wear anything but boots till I got a pair of Twisted X's to wear with scrubs.
Forgot to mention I always wear Ariats theirs some other good brands but few that hold up as well most boots you buy are really made for dressing to go out and don't hold up to work in. Ive had every major brand and even a few of the cheaper custom brands Ariats the best to me.

1. Who wears cowboy boots daily? Weekly, sometimes several times a week… but. It during summer months..

2. Who wears cowboy boots traveling? Sometimes when I get to my destination…but not on planes when traveling if that’s what’s being asked…

3. Who wears cowboy boots hunting? Not I…

4. What do you wear and why? Ariat when just scooting around… affordable, durable, and comfortable… James Leddy customs when dressing up a bit, or headed to church, or occasionally “just because”… why? Because they were made from my own hides from hunts in Africa, are super comfortable (like perfect fit comfortable), and they look stellar..

I wear boots everyday. I have a set of custom whites pack boots I wear whenever I’m afoot. I also wear them hunting, or traveling, and they are the set I wore in Africa.

Most days I spend looking twix the ears of a cow horse I wear a set of custom boots from Bowman Wilson up in Livingston. They have a deep under slung heel and a large spur lip. I don’t think I have ever taken my spurs off of these boots except to re-sole them. They are built with a heavy rounded steel shank that is built specifically for an oxbow stirrup. They are also cut a little generous in the ankle so they will pop right off if your horse decides to file for divorce, and you get hung up in the stirrup. I haven’t walked too many miles on my own two legs in these boots though, and don’t think I would care too.

I wear redwing 608s. (Lace up 8” boots, no steel toe) every day. The only time I do not wear them is when I need rubber boots, which is not often. I once ran a 5:35 mile in my redwings.
I also wear blue jeans everyday, no matter what I’m doing, I wear both.

I wear them most everyday. Exceptions are formal work situations when I need dress shoes. If I can, I’ll opt for nice dress boots even in a suit, but a lot of the times dress shoes or directed from the bosses.

Traveling: yes I wear them 95% of the time including on the plane for both domestic and international travel. I tend to wear the cheaper Ariats since they don’t trip the metal detectors in security, especially if I know I’ll be in dress shoes or hiking boots outside of the travel times.

Hunting is about the only time I don’t wear cowboy boots. I’m normally in some style of hiking/hunting boot (Meindel, Merrell, Salomon, Courtney’s) and occasionally snake boots.

As for brands I’ve got/had most everything from Ariats, & Justin’s on the cheaper end, to Tony Lama and Dan Post in the middle to almost all price points of Rios, and Lucchese. The Lucchese handmade classics are probably my favorite. Rios come close. Ive also got a set of custom boots and will probably have another set made in a year or two.

Since I was in my mid 20s basically never had a pair of ordinary shoes....in UK back then only ones could get were Spanish made...Tony mora I think main one....shop I used to buy from was called bootleggers I think.(probably wrong as was longtime ago...and with the partying in the 1980s could be mixing it up with a bar.... :E Hmmm: :E Rofl:...was in London.)..wore as I said every day...now a days not as much as here in zambia only when we go out and when flying and overseas.....I remember wearing my white python Spanish made ones into a boot shop in LA decades ago, and the guy in there going nuts over them as said they could only have rattle snake skin boots....had those white python ones...Lizard ones..ele.. and some others in the Spanish ones....then long time ago at sci came across the JB Hill booth....bought 2 pairs in brown and black leather....then each year added another pair or 2...ele...buckskin...stingray (ones I wear for black tie etc does) and my favourite ones in warthog ....the first 2 pairs I had resoled mmm possibly 4 or so times....it was the max the old time cobbler where I come from could do them.....my ele ones he told me are on their last soles....when people ask how much they are they think am mad....but I say how many pairs of shoes do you go through....these boots will last me 15 years at least if looked after....so very economical in the long run....they don't say much then... :E Big Grin: ....reason I like them is comfortable and I hate doing shoe laces all the time....at airport security slip off slip on....at my sister in law wedding last year I was one of the groom party...we all had to wear matching suites....then they tried to get me in same shoes....said no....I am wearing my stingray boots....was a bit of eye raising and trying to persuade me...but I said can forget it I haven't worn ordinary shoes in over 40 years and not starting now...they gave up....only other things I wear are boating shoes here in lusaka with shorts...trainers when driving to ranch...and used to be Courtney boots when out and about on takeri, but now Jim Green ones I bought when down in SA at the wedding....my JB boots now should last lot longer as only get about 10% wear compared to in my previous life.....apologies for the ramble....:D Beers:

Last edited:
I have a pair of White's loggers that were my riding boots when I had livestock and packed horses. Switched the stirrups in my roper to overshoe so the tread wouldn't get hung up. They worked great for riding in the backcountry when hunting, trail maintenance, and fire fighting. I sent them back for rebuild in the nineties and they never fit the same after that. Guess I should sell them. I haven't worn them in years. I understand they are almost $500 new these days.

I wear Justin Ropers or Justin Lacers when I'm doing manual labor or going out. Plus, I'm 6'6", and don't really need the heel of a full on cowboy boot. I bump my head often enough as it is.

I wear 14A or 13B, and Justin makes *actual* narrow width boots for less than $300

I have two pair of Lucchese boots. I have not worn them in a while. Not much call to get dressed up anymore.

Cowboy Boots

1. Who wears cowboy boots daily?

2. Who wears cowboy boots traveling?

3. Who wears cowboy boots hunting?

4. What do you wear and why?
Yes the work style with rubber soles for better grip. I work at the ranch in these and guide some hunts in these depending on many factors. I'll switch to the Lowas is I am guiding a hunt that requires more climbing etc.
Then of course being from Texas I have a few pairs of dress boots. ML Leddy for one.

Hunting? Summer weather is Chippewa boots , fall winter Jim Green rangers
traveling I wear Sketchers

For me.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Red Wing 1105 every day. Tony Lama some as well. Darn Tough sock’s always. Per the last 25 or so years.

I need real working boots, fashion doesn’t cut it.

I see a lot of you have mentioned Ariats. Are they made in China? How is the quality? Never owned a pair.

I have had three pairs of Justin’s. First one great. Second one very poor quality (made in USA). Sent it back for a free replacement and the third pair was worse than the second.

I real like the look of Courtney. Just not into lace up.

Who make a high quality pull on working boot? I would like to use my game hides.

I wear Justin Ropers or Justin Lacers when I'm doing manual labor or going out. Plus, I'm 6'6", and don't really need the heel of a full on cowboy boot. I bump my head often enough as it is.

I wear 14A or 13B, and Justin makes *actual* narrow width boots for less than $300
Wow, on the size.

I agree with you on the heel. I prefer more of a walking heel.

Yep, wear boots everyday, out to eat, dressed up as well.

Work, kick around boots Ariat Work Hog rubber sole round toe.
Dress up are Anderson Bean, elephant hide customs, leather sole.:cool:
All my boots have the low “roper” style heel.

I like to wear boots hunting when I can keeps all the dirt and grit out of my socks. Good insoles they are quite comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.