outwestidaho

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, cape of south Africa , Namibia, Alaska, British Columbia, Manitoba
What outfitter hunts hard and has great success for Civets ? I have taken one before but skin wasn't mine when it returned to the USA . Dip packer problem not outfitter problem. Most outfitters I'm talking to just want to hunt them for a side show and not the main event. I fully understand that , as there's not a lot of money in a civet hunt on the scheme of things. Not like I would go some where and just hunt civet but that's my main focus.

If you add some other night critters it may well be worth the while.
African wild cat
Small spotted genet
Large spotted genet
Caracal
Honey badger
Brown hyena
Spotted hyena
Bushpig
White tailed mongoose
Aardwolf
Black backed jackal
Etc...

Might talk to Tsala. We have some members that have hunted some of the night critters with them.
Bruce

@outwestidaho

Good Day sir

You are most welcome to contact me.It would be pleasure putting something together for you with the Civet as the main focus.We have had some good success with them and other night critters.

@gillettehunter Thank you very much Bruce for comment above.

Regards

Rouan

hi all

we have great success with civets

have sent you a message

regards

If you add some other night critters it may well be worth the while.
African wild cat
Small spotted genet
Large spotted genet
Caracal
Honey badger
Brown hyena
Spotted hyena
Bushpig
White tailed mongoose
Aardwolf
Black backed jackal
Etc...
Problem is after being in Africa 5 times I Have most of these. Well the ones I want anyway. So I will have to figure other animals or start re-shooting :p

We did 100 % one civet cat this year one dry season.
You can do other small game if you like

I just shot a monster civet in Aug. Not saying safari company as I have not started report and do not think I will endorse fully. I would research on here, @Mort Hill seams to have had an awesome hunt with a sponsor here. I think he booked a special offered here and night critters they had totally dialed in. Being in SA they had a list of PG available for when civet is in salt and days become open for hunting.

I failed on honey badger so will be looking up his recommended company when time comes.

MB

What outfitter hunts hard and has great success for Civets ? I have taken one before but skin wasn't mine when it returned to the USA . Dip packer problem not outfitter problem. Most outfitters I'm talking to just want to hunt them for a side show and not the main event. I fully understand that , as there's not a lot of money in a civet hunt on the scheme of things. Not like I would go some where and just hunt civet but that's my main focus.

Hi,
We will certainly be able to help you. Please contact me at wayne@bosssafaris and I will provide you with all the necessary information.

Kind Regards

Good day @outwestidaho ,

We would be able to help you with the Civet as the main focus. We have a permanent hyena restaurant and have various Civet cats visiting almost every night! I'm certain we could build a safari with that as the priority? We will shoot you a DM shortly!

Kind regards,
Dempsey Bayly & Michael Sippel

IMG_20210607_084422.jpg
SYEW2897.JPG
SYEW2908.JPG
SYEW2911.JPG
SYEW2912.JPG
SYEW3070.JPG
SYEW3071.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SavannahDo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg