Cheers from a big bore addict from Canada

double-double

Reaction score
Its been 5 minutes since I picked up my Lott , love older guns and still looking for a large bore double . Hunt Canadian big game except the big bears,missed my chance with all the new bear closures happening in Canada. Carry my big bores when i go out hunting for moose otherwise it the 45-70 for deer and bear.

Hello double-double,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome, check out the big bore addiction group. Although, it will make the addiction worse ;)

Welcome to AH double-double!

Giday double-double and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH Double-Double. Congradulstions on your acquisition of 458 Lott. Since you said older gun, what did you pick up. Post some pictures.
Krish from Missouri.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome double-double

double-double, welcome to the AH forum! Very sad about the grizzly closures. A lot of us missed the excellent opportunities.

Welcome to AH! Maybe you can find a .465 H and H double? You’d probably be the first in Canada, or maybe anywhere, to own one. Enjoy the ride here on AH!

Welcome from a fellow Canuck, by your name I can conclude your a fan of Timmy’s. For a double rifle in Canada there are a few places you can find them.

Welcome to AH

double double,
At .458 inch bore, your 45-70 is a big bore, constrained only by the choice of bullets and powder.
I have a 1886 45-70, 1886 45-90, a 45-70 double. The two 1886 rifles have taken big game in Africa including Cape buffalo, leopard, ele, etc. You might like a .45-70 DR like this Beretta Of mine:

54676_600x400.jpg
54679_600x400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois