Cartridges We Can Live Without...

)
To what "latest and greatest" cartridges are you referring? In regards to the .30-06, with most people I have had this conversation, the opinion seems to be a shorter action .308 Win. will get the same results as the .30-06. For newer cartridges, I mentioned the WSSM's because I believe they add nothing to the wider market. For the older ones, anything with a rebated rim or a belt has found a better replacement... IMHO.

Hi again FairChase,

There are many but, the .280 Remington is one good example to illustrate what I meant by the "latest and greatest" comment.
It was introduced around 1957 as the "7mm Remington Express" but later changed names to .280 because several dim bulbs fired one each in 7mm Remington Magnum caliber rifles resulting is split brass, damaged rifles and a few injured dim bulbs.
The 7x64 Brenneke was introduced about 45 years earlier and is the ballistic twin of the .280 Remington.
These two cartridges even look so much alike as to be difficult to tell apart when they are standing side by side.

The .260 Remington is another "latest and greatest" one that inspires nothing more than a lazy yawn from me.
We already had it's ballistic twin the 6.5x55 Mauser, for about 73 years prior to the Remington version so what's Remington's point? (sales hype/sales gimmick, that's what).

The 7mm-08 seems like a silly cartridge to me when compared to the already excellent and well established around the world 7x57 Mauser, (introduced about 88 years earlier than the ballistic twin 7mm-08), especially if I want to place five 175 grain loads into my rifles magazine.
You can forget about that with many rifles chambered in 7mm-08 because they are almost always built on short actions/short magazine box format.

What do any of the "latest and greatest" .375 caliber cartridges do in practical hunting situations that the original H&H version has not been doing since about 1912?
Nothing that I can see, except some of them kick harder and all of them make finding factory loaded ammunition difficult to impossible, especially in remote places like bush Alaska, bush Canada and much of Africa.
Can't speak for Northern Australia, where buffalo hunting is done but my best guess is that the H&H is available, not so much the "latest and greatest" .375 caliber cartridges though.

And I agree with you on the WSSM cartridges.
But for belted cartridges, at least 4 of them feed and eject very well with a belt and actually need it to maintain head space (.300 H&H, .375 H&H, .458 Winchester and .458 Lott).
There is a pile of cartridges that only have a belt for "sales hype" purposes (7mm Remington Magnum, .300 Winchester, plus many others, including the whole Weatherby line of calibers) - total sales gimmick but it sold product like "Doctor Soandso's Snake Oil, guaranteed to cure everything" did back in the Travelling Medicine Show days.
In other words those belted cartridges surely did make their proprietors rich.

Regarding the .30-06 vs .308, I agree that they perform similarly on deer, hog, black bear, caribou and similar size game around the world.
I've shot deer with the .308 and .30-06 both, plus hogs, caribou and African "Plains Game" with the .30-06.
The obvious similarity in performance on such critters is doubtless because this class of animal is not likely to tell the difference between having been struck with a 150 to 165 grain bullet at about 2750 fps vs 2850 fps.
I suppose 100 fps probably means about nothing when you're already closer to 3,000 fps than you are to 2,000 fps.
Conversely I can understand why military administrations prefer the .308 (aka: 7.62x51 NATO) over the .30-06.
It uses less powder, and brass to achieve nearly the same ballistics with its 147 grain bullet vs .30-06 and 150 gr bullet.
When you're loading up literally billions of rounds for war, these thousands of tons of materials saved become very important.
This is not to mention the steel they save in making shorter receivers on all those machineguns.

However, strictly as hunting cartridges, personally I will always prefer the .30-06 due to its ease of handling 220 grain bullets.
In that regard, the .308 is about useless because most hunting rifles chambered for it have too short of magazine box to fit a longer bullet than about 180 grains.
Likewise, even if the magazine was long enough, the cartridge does not hold enough commonly available powder to get a 220 gr bullet moving fast enough to make me happy.
The .30-06 conversely both fits factory loaded 220 gr cartridges into the average hunting rifle magazine as if designed for them (imagine that) and they typically leave the muzzle of same at around 2350 to 2400 fps - muey efectivo.
This load I have a fair sprinkling of experience with, including in Africa (sport hunting and culling both) and I am very fond of it.
It is still popular here in Alaska for moose and although I have not shot a black bear with it, I am told it is one of the best in .30-06 for cleanly taking them with one shot and yet without ruining a lot of meat.
Long boring story short, I guess I'm saying that I see no advantage to the .308 as a hunting cartridge and do see some definite disadvantage as described above, when compared to the .30-06.

I apologize for the length of this rant and I will now stand by for a sound thrashing from those who at least disagree, not to mention true believers in: "newer is always better".

Cheers,
Velo If It Already Works Don't Fix It Dog.

Last edited:
Velo Dog... I read through your post and must say everything you said is completely wrong! Just kidding! It was well thought out and yes, rather long. But, have you not seen my other posts? They are like a post-graduate dissertation on the use of high energy gamma ray astronomy in Particle Astrophysics!

Anyway, let me address a few of your points...

In regards to the .260 Rem. and 7mm-08 Rem. (what moron came up with that name?) and even the .243 Win. and .338 Fed. From a manufacturing standpoint, having them all based on the same parent case, the .308 Win. may have some influence; economy of scale purchasing?

Nevertheless, many seem to agree that the case geometry gives each cartridge of this "family" its inherent accuracy. BTW, the 7mm-08 Rem. is my favorite deer/antelope cartridge. I have seen many reports on it being successful at taking game such as Kudu, Oryx and Blue/Black Wildebeest though I would, and did, go for more whammy power on those trophies...

I appreciate your point about .375 H&H ammunition availability and until this issue is resolved for others, one must be diligent about ensuring it arrives when you arrive at your hunting destination. Last year I went to RSA and took my... wait for it... Steyr Mannlicher chambered in .338 RCM. I took two boxes with me and my hunting buddy took two more. (please don't ask me how he got this ammo in as I don't want to be on the record.) :sneaky: We both arrived with the two boxes each. Lucky us...

I'm glad we can agree about the WSSM's and the Weatherby's. I agree, the Weatherby cartridges are a marketing scheme with no real advantage.

But for the others mentioned, couldn't the use of belted brass be attributed to the parent case from where the new cartridge originated?

In regards to the .308 Win. vs. .30-06 Springfield, I personally would feel comfortable using a 165-180 gr. bullet on most any African PG, deer, hog or antelope. If I need more for bigger game such as Elk, Kudu or Eland, I would move up to my .338 RCM and take advantage of the 200-225 gr. bullets. Last year in RSA, I had only the .338 RCM and used 185, 200 and 225 gr. bullets depending on what was in my cross-hairs.

Velo Dog... I read through your post and must say everything you said is completely wrong! Just kidding! It was well thought out and yes, rather long. But, have you not seen my other posts? They are like a post-graduate dissertation on the use of high energy gamma ray astronomy in Particle Astrophysics!

Anyway, let me address a few of your points...

In regards to the .260 Rem. and 7mm-08 Rem. (what moron came up with that name?) and even the .243 Win. and .338 Fed. From a manufacturing standpoint, having them all based on the same parent case, the .308 Win. may have some influence; economy of scale purchasing?

Nevertheless, many seem to agree that the case geometry gives each cartridge of this "family" its inherent accuracy. BTW, the 7mm-08 Rem. is my favorite deer/antelope cartridge. I have seen many reports on it being successful at taking game such as Kudu, Oryx and Blue/Black Wildebeest though I would, and did, go for more whammy power on those trophies...

I appreciate your point about .375 H&H ammunition availability and until this issue is resolved for others, one must be diligent about ensuring it arrives when you arrive at your hunting destination. Last year I went to RSA and took my... wait for it... Steyr Mannlicher chambered in .338 RCM. I took two boxes with me and my hunting buddy took two more. (please don't ask me how he got this ammo in as I don't want to be on the record.) :sneaky: We both arrived with the two boxes each. Lucky us...

I'm glad we can agree about the WSSM's and the Weatherby's. I agree, the Weatherby cartridges are a marketing scheme with no real advantage.

But for the others mentioned, couldn't the use of belted brass be attributed to the parent case from where the new cartridge originated?

In regards to the .308 Win. vs. .30-06 Springfield, I personally would feel comfortable using a 165-180 gr. bullet on most any African PG, deer, hog or antelope. If I need more for bigger game such as Elk, Kudu or Eland, I would move up to my .338 RCM and take advantage of the 200-225 gr. bullets. Last year in RSA, I had only the .338 RCM and used 185, 200 and 225 gr. bullets depending on what was in my cross-hairs.

We were all rifle cranks to one degree or another - we wouldn't spend the small fortunes we do hunting and acquiring them were we not. But sometimes, I think, we let our enthusiasm overrun practicality. No doubt to the everlasting joy of arms and ammunition manufacturers. For instance, the .338 RCM seems a superfluous round to me. It is a .338 WM only less so. But should you prefer it to the WM because of the attributes of a particular rifle - then great. But then why further complicate the process with three different loadings on a hunt?

My .338 WM has accompanied me to Africa twice. It's greatest virtue is/was being able to handle everything from duiker to eland with the 250 gr load. And it does so from very close to 300 yards and all with the same scope setting. It acts like a solid on the little guys and like a hammer on the large stuff.

None of which means your approach via the .338 RCM is wrong - it just seems so complicated when such an old warhorse is standing by able to the same job far simpler. The 30-06, 7x57, and 6.5x55/57 offer similar proven capability.

That said, this sort of debate will continue wherever riflemen gather. I mean seriously, if you are a buff, what is to choose among the .416 Rigby, .416 Rem, .500/.416, and .404 - not to mention a half dozen other mid-heavies. All look pretty grim to the buffalo. But we will argue the relative merits of each for hours.

So while there are many rounds I am content not to own- the .338 RCM high on that list :). I am glad they are all there. Otherwise, we would have to discuss politics around the evening fire, and that would really be an unfortunate circumstance.

I do need to add one thing. In my utopian world where the only legal hunting rifle is the .375 H&H with a 300 grain bullet I failed to mention optics. Now don't worry, scopes will be allowed, it won't be iron sights only.

But, the only scope will be a fixed 4x scope. No need for variable scopes at all. if you can't see the animal through that scope, get closer. @velodog, I know you'll support me on this issue at least! ;)

)
Long boring story short, I guess I'm saying that I see no advantage to the .308 as a hunting cartridge and do see some definite disadvantage as described above, when compared to the .30-06.
Yep, if you handload, the 30-06 trumps the .308 at just about everything. I can give a Pronghorn a dirt-nap with a laserbeam sent across the prairie with my 150gr TTSX load humming at well above 3000fps, and then slay a moose with my 200gr load with the same rifle. And as you mentioned, loading the modern long high BC hunting bullets while keeping good powder capacity and magazine fitment is something the 308 fails at accomplishing. 30-06 is a hand loaders dream, as close as you can get to perfection in the 30 caliber class.

The .308 Winchester starts to go downhill fast after you get past 168 grain bullets where the old .30-06 is just getting warmed up.

Red Leg,
"...the .338 RCM seems a superfluous round to me. It is a .338 WM only less so. But should you prefer it to the WM because of the attributes of a particular rifle - then great.

My preference for this cartridge is not tied to its use in any particular rifle. The .338 RCM SEEMS superfluous? Functionally, the .338 RCM does what a .338 WM does, just without a separated shoulder; my niece can shoot it . If you shot a .338 WM and a .338 RCM "side by side", you would understand the difference; less recoil - better control, ability to shoot from a shorter receiver and from a 20" barrel, not to mention the absence of the worthless belt. BTW, just what is the need for a belt on the .338 or the .300 WM?

That said, since Ruger dropped the ball and essentially abandoned these cartridges, I would not recommend anyone casually considering them. Only one rifle by Ruger offers the RCM's and no other manufacturer. I have about a thousand once-fired brass and the re-loading dies and reamers so I'm good.

"But then why further complicate the process with three different loadings on a hunt?"
I hardly think that having the versatility to choose a particular cartridge that is more suitable for the conditions or game being stalked as something that "complicates the process". Nonetheless, If I had to use just one, I would be just as confident.

"...The 30-06, 7x57, and 6.5x55/57 offer similar proven capability." Not even close...

I've never understood what the problem is with the belt on the belted magnums. From what I've read, there really doesn't seem to be any real purpose served by it, but I've also never noticed any problems with it being there.

So what exactly is the issue?

I've never understood what the problem is with the belt on the belted magnums. From what I've read, there really doesn't seem to be any real purpose served by it, but I've also never noticed any problems with it being there.

The original Magnum cartridges, the 375 H&H and 300 H&H absolutely NEEDED the belt to headspace, due to the lack of taper in the case. The modern magnums DO NOT need the belt to headspace; they were added because of the public perception than anything "magnum" needed a belt. The belt on a modern magnum does not help or hurt the functionality of those rounds.

The original Magnum cartridges, the 375 H&H and 300 H&H absolutely NEEDED the belt to headspace, due to the lack of taper in the case. The modern magnums DO NOT need the belt to headspace; they were added because of the public perception than anything "magnum" needed a belt. The belt on a modern magnum does not help or hurt the functionality of those rounds.

Thanks for the education. The only issue I have is when I make a mistake loading and have to pull the bullet using my inertia hammer. It's a pain getting those collars over the belt for sure. But it's not like I have to do a bunch of them, so no big deal.

Mostly the issues are with re-loading the brass; it makes the process more labor intense and the life span of the brass is far less due to excessive stretching. Other than that, its just an unnecessary feature connecting the more current cartridge to its 100 year old parent case. The thought being, since it is based on an unnecessary technological feature, the derived cartridge is somewhat obsolete too.

Some see the inclusion of the belt as a "marketing scheme"; the image of a newer cartridge with a belt was to enhance its image as a tried and true magnum. Don't under-estimate the power of "that old time feeling"!

Others have the opinion it was merely the brass the developer decided to use in order to make a new cartridge. Whatever the case, better cartridge design has come about in the last 50 years rendering it useless since the head-spacing issue is not a concern.

Mostly the issues are with re-loading the brass; it makes the process more labor intense and the life span of the brass is far less due to excessive stretching. Other than that, its just an unnecessary feature connecting the more current cartridge to its 100 year old parent case. The thought being, since it is based on an unnecessary technological feature, the derived cartridge is somewhat obsolete too.

Some see the inclusion of the belt as a "marketing scheme"; the image of a newer cartridge with a belt was to enhance its image as a tried and true magnum. Don't under-estimate the power of "that old time feeling"!

Others have the opinion it was merely the brass the developer decided to use in order to make a new cartridge. Whatever the case, better cartridge design has come about in the last 50 years rendering it useless since the head-spacing issue is not a concern.

As an engineer I would criticize it for making the brass manufacturing perhaps a bit more complicated. Having said that, no one's taking my 7mm Rem Mag, .300WM, .300H&H or .375H&H out of my hands. Really haven't seen the case life issue, but then I've got too many calibers to keep track of how many times I've shot rounds, just sort of have it in my head. I use a "batch" of 20 or so at a time and keep using them until I see signs on the brass they're wearing out. Guessing I'm getting at least 5 shots per, perhaps more.

Actually the older magnums were based off of the .300 and .375 H&H case and just kept the belt. If you go through and look at the parent case for just about any 30 caliber and below magnum you will find that the old .300 or 375 H&H was it's parent.

Red Leg,
"...the .338 RCM seems a superfluous round to me. It is a .338 WM only less so. But should you prefer it to the WM because of the attributes of a particular rifle - then great.

My preference for this cartridge is not tied to its use in any particular rifle. The .338 RCM SEEMS superfluous? Functionally, the .338 RCM does what a .338 WM does, just without a separated shoulder; my niece can shoot it . If you shot a .338 WM and a .338 RCM "side by side", you would understand the difference; less recoil - better control, ability to shoot from a shorter receiver and from a 20" barrel, not to mention the absence of the worthless belt. BTW, just what is the need for a belt on the .338 or the .300 WM?

That said, since Ruger dropped the ball and essentially abandoned these cartridges, I would not recommend anyone casually considering them. Only one rifle by Ruger offers the RCM's and no other manufacturer. I have about a thousand once-fired brass and the re-loading dies and reamers so I'm good.

"But then why further complicate the process with three different loadings on a hunt?"
I hardly think that having the versatility to choose a particular cartridge that is more suitable for the conditions or game being stalked as something that "complicates the process". Nonetheless, If I had to use just one, I would be just as confident.

"...The 30-06, 7x57, and 6.5x55/57 offer similar proven capability." Not even close...

Interesting viewpoint. I tend to look at cartridge "versatility" through an African lens. That, I sense, creates a very different perspective with respect to the definition of versatility. For instance, to me a versatile round is one with which I can start a stalk for an impala, and should I stumble across a wildebeest, zebra, whatever, I don't have to wish for a different rifle on the truck or fish for a different round in my pocket. The 250 gr .338 is such a round, as is the 180 gr 30-06 or the 300 gr .375.

The North American hunting environment offers far viewer multi-species hunting opportunities, so tailoring for a specific animal in a specific environment can be useful. Though, again, I will use the same 180 gr load on Aoudad in February that I used on mule deer last year. And were I to use it on my own place for a Hill Country whitetail, it would be the same load. That is, I assume, fairly boring from a load work-up perspective, but it sure makes it a pretty darned versatile bullet and caliber.

Again, I have nothing against the .338 RCM per se. Just does nothing for me - at least as long as I have a .338 WM. I also don't think of the .338 as a particularly hard kicking round - though in my experience specific rifle design tends to drive that perception far more than the cartridge itself within a particular caliber family.

Hey, but enjoy that rifle. The .338 is a great cal regardless of the specific cartridge. It hits hard, and neither an oryx nor a bull elk is likely to be able to tell which round took her m down.

Red Leg,

Red Leg,

YO! @FairChase howzit dont take any umbrage but been on a free brewery drinks session that we deal with , but why is your typing in weird skinny letters? and are you one of those robots that are listed on the page that says who is on the site, because your writing is so mechanical... compared to say @Red Leg communications as below

"Interesting viewpoint. I tend to look at cartridge "versatility" through an African lens. That, I sense, creates a very different perspective with respect to the definition of versatility. For instance, to me a versatile round is one with which I can start a stalk for an impala, and should I stumble across a wildebeest, zebra, whatever, I don't have to wish for a different rifle on the truck or fish for a different round in my pocket. The 250 gr .338 is such a round, as is the 180 gr 30-06 or the 300 gr .375.

The North American hunting environment offers far viewer multi-species hunting opportunities, so tailoring for a specific animal in a specific environment can be useful. Though, again, I will use the same 180 gr load on Aoudad in February that I used on mule deer last year. And were I to use it on my own place for a Hill Country whitetail, it would be the same load. That is, I assume, fairly boring from a load work-up perspective, but it sure makes it a pretty darned versatile bullet and caliber.

Again, I have nothing against the .338 RCM per se. Just does nothing for me - at least as long as I have a .338 WM. I also don't think of the .338 as a particularly hard kicking round - though in my experience specific rifle design tends to drive that perception far more than the cartridge itself within a particular caliber family.

Hey, but enjoy that rifle. The .338 is a great cal regardless of the specific cartridge. It hits hard, and neither an oryx nor a bull elk is likely to be able to tell which round took her m down."

cheers mike :D Beers::D Beers:

Hello fellow Hunters / fellow Rifle Enthusiasts,

It is a good thing that there are many cartridges to choose from, even if plenty of them seem conspicuously late to the party (in some instances, by approximately 100 years - LOL).
Regarding .33 caliber hunting cartridges, all you guys have me beat to pieces on the .338 RCM because, I never heard of it until reading in this Forum.
Wouldn't mind owning a fine Model 98 Mauser in .338-06 but, for nostalgia reasons I'd rather have a .318 Westley Richards (ballistic twin but with .330 inch bore diameter).
Probably will never own either one though because I have a properly done Model 98 in 9.3x62 and it is such a joy to own and shoot that I will just use it for anything I'd use either of the two just mentioned cartridges for (so called "plains game" in thick to moderate foliage mostly I suppose).

I have owned a Ruger M77, caliber .338 Winchester and hunted in Alaska with same.
It was real accurate with 250 grain Hornady round nose as well as Speer brand 275 gr semi-spitzer but recoil was not much fun in that light of a rifle.
That cartridge is very popular here, probably Canada as well but, not with me any more because I am a big sissy and rifles in that caliber should weigh about 9.5 to 10 pounds IMO but, usually do not.
The ones that do, will kick about like the .375 in the same weight rifle so, I don't want one at this stage, even though it is perhaps slightly flatter shooting than the .375.
The .375 does very well for me in this category so, my .338 Winchester days are probably over, fantastic hunting cartridge otherwise.

When my M77 .338 Magnum broke its own stock from recoil, I "hillbilly repaired" it with industrial adhesive (city slicker term for very strong glue) and sold it "as is" at a gun show, then bought a .375 H&H (Ruger#1 "Tropical" single shot).
I figured that if I was going to get kicked around, I at least wanted to use 300 grain bullets in trade for my wimpy shoulder's abuse.
Really liked that Ruger #1 but, sold it to get a dreaded Pre-64 Model 70 in .375 H&H, excellent condition, barrel not cut off or jacked with in any way, etc.
The H&H version is the only .375 for me (except perhaps a best grade English double or even a Farquarson single shot, in the classy old 2.5 inch .375 Flanged Nitro Express would be awfully welcome in my toy box).
All the other "latest and greatest" .375's out there are probably quite a good fit for those folks who dig on having the most efficient version, or the highest velocity version, or the whatever version, in place of the original H&H version.

Same goes for all the latest and greatest .300 Magnums.
Far as I'm concerned, there was no real functional need for any development in this ".30 Magnum" category beyond the 1920's original H&H version.
But I am very aware that I'm the odd duck on this so, I will not rant more than a few lines about the pile of critters I have easily sacked at long, medium and short range with the .300 H&H, in Alaska and Africa as well.
I promise you that the .308 Norma, .300 Winchester, .300 Weatherby, nor UltraMag, nor Lazzeroni etc., etc., could possibly have killed any of these critters any deader than H&H dead.
IMO the .300 H&H is not lacking in any way and I am very fond of this hunting cartridge, especially for longer shots in open desert or treeless tundra, etc. and I prefer the 180 grain spritzer for this.

All this variety of choice in otherwise similar performance cartridges helps us feel not so controlled I recon, no matter if the original needed no improvement in any way, except the widespread availability of extremely tough projectiles nowadays.

And I am all for having plenty of cartridges to choose from, even if I will never want many of them and sometimes poke fun at some of them for being 50 to 100 years late to the party.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Last edited:
Far as I'm concerned, there was no real functional need for any development in this ".30 Magnum" category beyond the 1920's original H&H version.

IMO the .300 H&H is not lacking in any way and I am very fond of this hunting cartridge, especially for longer shots in open desert or treeless tundra, etc. and I prefer the 180 grain spritzer for this.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

A hearty amen to all that from me.

In May, I took 15 animals from a 15 or 20 pound Jackal to an 1,800 (or whatever) lb Eland with the very same load...a 180gr TTSX starting off at 3,050 fps from a 300 H&H.

The Jackal was somewhat eviscerated (yes, sausages hanging out of the unzipped mid-section) and the Eland was perforated clean through both shoulders. All with the same load.

So while the bullet (and powder) technology has really made a difference, the case design not so much. The latest whiz-bang un-belted UltraMag would not have done a better job than the H&H did.

Having said all that, I think all of us are glad for all the choices. I am not one to criticize another man's cartridge or wife!

But....there was a wise man who once said "Never hunt with a cartridge younger than yourself".

Good thing he didn't say bullet!! I'd be in trouble. ;)

Tim

I couldn't agree more, but unfortunately the mass marketing retail machine needs to hype the latest and greatest variation of every theme. That is probably a good thing though, if it weren't that way the unemployment offices would be overflowing with out of work gun writers.
Ultimately it depends on which criteria we give the most weight to. If ballistics, accuracy, and bullet performance get the most weight, it becomes a different conversation. One that will eventually drown in the minutiae of every individual's anecdotal evidence of why their favorite cartridge is the best; hence one of the reasons why we love AH!
However if we give the preponderance of weight to easy procurement for the masses then I think the obsolescence/"world could live without" question kinda revolves around how many manufacturers are chambering it and factory ammo variety/availability.

From at least a North American perspective if Winchester, Ruger, Remington, Marlin, and Browning aren't chambering it, then the 300H&H, and others, are going to be relegated to hand loaders, and custom rifles. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it does put them one giant step closer to going the way of the dodo. So if we were going to hypothetically scrap a particular cartridge and keep another, I'm not sure it makes a ton of sense to keep one that no one can easily get their hands on.

Of course since this is all hypothetical I am reasonably sure that none of it matters beyond the pure entertainment value!

Peace

Mostly the issues are with re-loading the brass; it makes the process more labor intense and the life span of the brass is far less due to excessive stretching.

I must not be a very observant handloader.

My record books indicate I have put together 4,150 rounds of various belted magnums, starting in 1974.

I have never noticed higher labor or low life-span of the brass.

All these rounds were loaded on the same old-timey single-stage RCBS press.

I guess I am just an uncouth caveman!

Tim (otherwise known as Ugg)

I must not be a very observant handloader.

My record books indicate I have put together 4,150 rounds of various belted magnums, starting in 1974.

I have never noticed higher labor or low life-span of the brass.

All these rounds were loaded on the same old-timey single-stage RCBS press.

I guess I am just an uncouth caveman!

Tim (otherwise known as Ugg)

another 5,850 and you will know what your on about and you can move out of the cave......;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!