Canada's boy king Bans Firearms - List of 1500

More Double rifles listed on June 15th updated list.

Heym, Searcy, Sabatti, Purdey, Verney Carron among others. We’ll see if it’s just the “over 10000 joules” calibers so the model of the gun itself.

All bad. Some real dummies in the government that’s for sure. Even old classic English guns. 4ga punt guns. Such stupidity

https://www.armalytics.ca/?size=n_25_n&filters[0][field]=banned&filters[0][values][0]=Yes&filters[0][type]=any&filters[1][field]=reclassified_date&filters[1][values][0]=2020-06-15&filters[1][type]=any
Do you know what provision allows the banning of a 300 H&H? I am trying to understand what restriction allows the banning of the calibers noted. Very stupid outcome.

in the immortal words of Charlton Heston, they could pry it from my . . . well, you get the drift.
I do get the drift! And I feel the same way!!!
Oh, and as far as your flood damaged, I'd still have wanted them. I've decided to do some home decor with firearms.

IMG_20200619_051524.jpg

Just to put some sunshine in your rainy day.

Because the MINISTER responsible for drafting this OIC was using INDUSTRY STANDARDS.
SAAMI just happens to be one of these groups setting those standards.

View attachment 346726

View attachment 346727

They banned a shit load of 10 and 12 gauge shotgun like 3 weeks ago. Derya Mk12 being one of them.

Liberals can go eat a dick. They won't see a single one of my guns, I don't give a shit if they make me lock them up for good. They will stay in my house and serve the very purpose of why I bought them. Someone breaks into my home, no one is going to question if I used a recently prohibited one or not.

Trudeau thinks his plan is smart, to treat legal gun owners like criminals. You think guys are going to turn them over to them for penny's on the dollar? Especially non restricted guns that are not registered anywhere??? Think again. Compliance is going to be less than 10%. And just imagine how many owners will be desperate to recoup there investments and put these guns in the streets for 50x what the government will pay for them. Trudeau needs to realize they are walking a very slippery slope here. Not only are they not going to fix gun crime, they are going to make it worse. The number of guns that have been added since May 1 is nuts. His spend is going to be in the billions to buy these all back. Just imagine you spent these billions in those communities investing in jobs, schools etc. That would attack the 99% of gun crime. But no way they do that. Liberals need those communities just the way they are. Because then those communities depend on the government for welfare etc, and which party is always happy to give them just enough to live, but not to succeed. Which then turns into votes. Seems like something similar is happening down south too.

The Liberals are going to take “grandfathering” off the table, it’s just a matter of time.

Any now banned firearm that was previously restricted will have to be handed in or risk having the police show up, search warrant in hand. They know you have it (i.e. AR 15).

If the now banned firearm was previously unrestricted and the government doesn’t know you have it - I guess you could flout the law and keep it but I’m not sure I’d want to rely on a firearm that I can no longer fire at a range and sight in regularly for the personal protection of my family and property.

What a disaster. Black Face Justin really bent over law abiding gun owners in Canada in satisfaction of his perverted agenda which has nothing to do with stopping crime. Our PM is a pansy.

Do you know what provision allows the banning of a 300 H&H? I am trying to understand what restriction allows the banning of the calibers noted. Very stupid outcome.

To clarify, in the Armalytics site, you need to click on each gun model for a list of the various chamberings. The gun model might be affected by the ban, but for "only" the calibres that exceed the stupid 10,000 J threshold. So, the 600 NE model of certain guns is now called prohib, but other chamberings of the same model of gun are not prohib on the list.

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all defending this draconian, asinine gun ban. I'm just clarifying what is actually showing as prohib on the list, and as far as I can see, it does not include a 300 H&H.

The Liberals are going to take “grandfathering” off the table, it’s just a matter of time.

Any now banned firearm that was previously restricted will have to be handed in or risk having the police show up, search warrant in hand. They know you have it (i.e. AR 15).

If the now banned firearm was previously unrestricted and the government doesn’t know you have it - I guess you could flout the law and keep it but I’m not sure I’d want to rely on a firearm that I can no longer fire at a range and sight in regularly for the personal protection of my family and property.

What a disaster. Black Face Justin really bent over law abiding gun owners in Canada in satisfaction of his perverted agenda which has nothing to do with stopping crime. Our PM is a pansy.

What the hell are you using for home defence? Long range rifle with a 4x24 scope? 12 gauge brother!!! With some buck shot. Intruders down and all the drywall from the hallways laying on top of him.

What the hell are you using for home defence? Long range rifle with a 4x24 scope? 12 gauge brother!!! With some buck shot. Intruders down and all the drywall from the hallways laying on top of him.

Kinda offtopic but speaking of bullshit policies/laws in Canada just take a look at Canada's self defense laws. Shooting some P.O.S who breaks into your house can lead to manslaughter/murder charges.

My buddy used to rent out his basement- he had a young single mother living there. One faithful night a few years back three S.O.Bs broke in. My friend ended up killing one of them with the perp's own gun. He fought off 3 of them unarmed. Anyways what really saved him from facing any charges was when he heard glass breaking from the basement apartment he thought and he told police that he thought his tenant might have gotten injured- i.e. dropped a mirror and got cut by the shards, slipped and fell on a glass top table etc... and he was unarmed when he went to investigate. He said his intent when he went down into the basement was to make sure the tenant was all right. Had he had any kind of weapon and assumed it was a home invasion and went to confront the perps-i can imagine he would of had quite a bit of legal and financial woes. Anyways this story had quite a few unbelievable elements including the fact that the perp killed was a millionaire and a star college student- i guess he did home invasions for shits and giggles.

Even though there where a few news articles written about this, I'd rather not post them o a public forum to give it more attention/potential publicity but if you want ill gladly pm additional info about this incident.

They don't need a warrant in Canada. If you own one they legally have full access to your home with or without your presence, and can search to whatever extent they can justify as "reasonable"..... AND without compensating you for your losses. I'm not saying they do it on a regular basis, or at all. I'm just saying that they have that kind of power. It's ridiculous! !

Wow! That sounds like something right out of hitler's playbook. As Bush I used to say, Jackbooted Gestapo.

That's why the cop's cheating wife can't find any takers!!! LMAO!!!

They don't need a warrant in Canada. If you own one they legally have full access to your home with or without your presence, and can search to whatever extent they can justify as "reasonable"..... AND without compensating you for your losses. I'm not saying they do it on a regular basis, or at all. I'm just saying that they have that kind of power. It's ridiculous! !
When High River flooded in 2013 and people were evacuated from there homes, the police did go door to door and entered them looking for firearms. Any that were found were seized.

Only if you have a restricted license. If you only have non restricted they can not come in to your home without a warrant.

Kinda offtopic but speaking of bullshit policies/laws in Canada just take a look at Canada's self defense laws. Shooting some P.O.S who breaks into your house can lead to manslaughter/murder charges.

My buddy used to rent out his basement- he had a young single mother living there. One faithful night a few years back three S.O.Bs broke in. My friend ended up killing one of them with the perp's own gun. He fought off 3 of them unarmed. Anyways what really saved him from facing any charges was when he heard glass breaking from the basement apartment he thought and he told police that he thought his tenant might have gotten injured- i.e. dropped a mirror and got cut by the shards, slipped and fell on a glass top table etc... and he was unarmed when he went to investigate. He said his intent when he went down into the basement was to make sure the tenant was all right. Had he had any kind of weapon and assumed it was a home invasion and went to confront the perps-i can imagine he would of had quite a bit of legal and financial woes. Anyways this story had quite a few unbelievable elements including the fact that the perp killed was a millionaire and a star college student- i guess he did home invasions for shits and giggles.

Even though there where a few news articles written about this, I'd rather not post them o a public forum to give it more attention/potential publicity but if you want ill gladly pm additional info about this incident.

Some families have a fire plan. I have a intruder plan. Trust me. He will be holding a gun one way or another. Lol

Last edited:
Only if you have a restricted license. If you only have non restricted they can not come in to your home without a warrant.
Yes @Chago that's correct. My response was to @DCN who had specifically said restricted. But it's best to clarify to others who may not be knowledgeable. Thank you!
I had a chuckle about your intruder plan! Haha

I don't know if this is an update or if it's posed elsewhere. But there've been some interesting developments around this gun ban. Apologies for the length in advance. Those not interested can move on!

As those who have read this thread know, I was pretty pessimistic about a legal remedy to prevent the ban. While I'm still not exactly optimistic, I'm not as pessimistic as I was.

Why the change? Well, it's a bit complicated. As I pointed out, the Firearms Act gives the federal government ("Governor in Council" for those who are particular about such things) the power to classify a firearm into non-restricted, restricted and prohibited classes. So I thought taking this on this reclassification would be a longshot.

What's happened recently, though, is that I received a letter from the RCMP entitled "Firearm Registration Certificate Impacted by the Amended Classification Regulations." And there's been a posting on the RCMP website. The RCMP says (https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firea...-new-prohibition-certain-firearms-and-devices):

"a letter was recently sent out to individuals/businesses to inform them that their previously registered restricted firearms are now prohibited and their registration certificates became nullified. This nullification is the result of the legislative change to the Criminal Code Regulations and not the result of any decision by the Registrar to revoke the registration certificates under the Firearms Act." (emphasis mine)

This is very interesting. While I haven't (yet) given the matter the study it deserves, the RCMP are saying they specifically have not revoked any registration certificates for the firearms in question. Rather, those registration certificates have been "nullified." Why is this important? Well, if a registration certificate is revoked, the individual to whom it was issued has the right to appeal the revocation.

Section 72(1) of the Firearms Act says the Registrar can decide to revoke a registration of a firearm, and when he does so, he has to send a notice to the firearms owner. So far, so not helpful. However, and this is the critical bit, anyone who has received notice that a registration certificate has been revoked has the right to appeal to a judge, and in that case, a hearing must be held. (secs. 74(1) and 75(1)).

Can you imagine the chaos in the courts if every firearm owner had a right to a hearing before the registration certificates for their firearms were revoked?

To avoid this problem, the RCMP, as above, specifically state that no registration certificate is being revoked. So no right to appeal. Instead, the registration certificates are being "nullified" en masse. And there is no right of appeal in cases of a nullification.

So what's the problem? I can't find anywhere in the Firearms Act that anyone has the right to nullify a registration certificate. And if that right doesn't exist, then the government can't give it to themselves without amending the legislation, and that requires Parliament to vote on it.

So while the government could reclassify the firearms in question, it may be that it can't take them away from current owners without revoking the registration certificate.

As I said, there are a million ways I could be wrong about how this works, but on its face, it may be that our boy king has been too cute by half. At any rate, something to think about.

Unleash the lawyers!

Thanks for the update Hank! If the demtards win down here, similar things may be attempted. They will have to work harder at it because it cannot just be decreed at some level of govt to mandate such things, but they will try. Keep us posted.

Nothing better than a technical reading.
There are plenty of lawyers waiting to be released. :A Popcorn:

The full RCMP web page announcement is below:

As a result of the May 1, 2020 Order in Council (OIC) amending the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and other Weapons, Components, and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted ("Regulation") under the Criminal Code, a letter was recently sent out to individuals/businesses to inform them that their previously registered restricted firearms are now prohibited and their registration certificates became nullified.

This nullification is the result of the legislative change to the Criminal CodeRegulations and not the result of any decision by the Registrar to revoke the registration certificates under the Firearms Act.

Accordingly, the letter is not a Firearm Registration Certificate Revocation Notice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg