Canada's boy king Bans Firearms - List of 1500

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by wesheltonj, May 1, 2020.

1. Pheroze

Pheroze AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    OFAH, DSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Canada, USA
    Do you know what provision allows the banning of a 300 H&H? I am trying to understand what restriction allows the banning of the calibers noted. Very stupid outcome.

Bob Nelson 35Whelen likes this.

2. Cam Moon

Cam Moon AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    I do get the drift! And I feel the same way!!!
    Oh, and as far as your flood damaged, I'd still have wanted them. I've decided to do some home decor with firearms.

3. Cam Moon

Cam Moon AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
  4. Chago

Chago AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:

They banned a shit load of 10 and 12 gauge shotgun like 3 weeks ago. Derya Mk12 being one of them.

Liberals can go eat a dick. They won't see a single one of my guns, I don't give a shit if they make me lock them up for good. They will stay in my house and serve the very purpose of why I bought them. Someone breaks into my home, no one is going to question if I used a recently prohibited one or not.

Trudeau thinks his plan is smart, to treat legal gun owners like criminals. You think guys are going to turn them over to them for penny's on the dollar? Especially non restricted guns that are not registered anywhere??? Think again. Compliance is going to be less than 10%. And just imagine how many owners will be desperate to recoup there investments and put these guns in the streets for 50x what the government will pay for them. Trudeau needs to realize they are walking a very slippery slope here. Not only are they not going to fix gun crime, they are going to make it worse. The number of guns that have been added since May 1 is nuts. His spend is going to be in the billions to buy these all back. Just imagine you spent these billions in those communities investing in jobs, schools etc. That would attack the 99% of gun crime. But no way they do that. Liberals need those communities just the way they are. Because then those communities depend on the government for welfare etc, and which party is always happy to give them just enough to live, but not to succeed. Which then turns into votes. Seems like something similar is happening down south too.

5. DCN

DCN AH Member

Video/Photo:
    The Liberals are going to take “grandfathering” off the table, it’s just a matter of time.

Any now banned firearm that was previously restricted will have to be handed in or risk having the police show up, search warrant in hand. They know you have it (i.e. AR 15).

If the now banned firearm was previously unrestricted and the government doesn’t know you have it - I guess you could flout the law and keep it but I’m not sure I’d want to rely on a firearm that I can no longer fire at a range and sight in regularly for the personal protection of my family and property.

What a disaster. Black Face Justin really bent over law abiding gun owners in Canada in satisfaction of his perverted agenda which has nothing to do with stopping crime. Our PM is a pansy.

MarkB and Bob Nelson 35Whelen like this.

6. Tarwathie

Tarwathie AH Senior Member

Member of:
    Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters (OFAH)
    To clarify, in the Armalytics site, you need to click on each gun model for a list of the various chamberings. The gun model might be affected by the ban, but for "only" the calibres that exceed the stupid 10,000 J threshold. So, the 600 NE model of certain guns is now called prohib, but other chamberings of the same model of gun are not prohib on the list.

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all defending this draconian, asinine gun ban. I'm just clarifying what is actually showing as prohib on the list, and as far as I can see, it does not include a 300 H&H.

Saul, Bob Nelson 35Whelen and Pheroze like this.

7. Chago

Chago AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    What the hell are you using for home defence? Long range rifle with a 4x24 scope? 12 gauge brother!!! With some buck shot. Intruders down and all the drywall from the hallways laying on top of him.

Saul and Bob Nelson 35Whelen like this.

8. Dragan N.

Dragan N. AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Kinda offtopic but speaking of bullshit policies/laws in Canada just take a look at Canada's self defense laws. Shooting some P.O.S who breaks into your house can lead to manslaughter/murder charges.

My buddy used to rent out his basement- he had a young single mother living there. One faithful night a few years back three S.O.Bs broke in. My friend ended up killing one of them with the perp's own gun. He fought off 3 of them unarmed. Anyways what really saved him from facing any charges was when he heard glass breaking from the basement apartment he thought and he told police that he thought his tenant might have gotten injured- i.e. dropped a mirror and got cut by the shards, slipped and fell on a glass top table etc... and he was unarmed when he went to investigate. He said his intent when he went down into the basement was to make sure the tenant was all right. Had he had any kind of weapon and assumed it was a home invasion and went to confront the perps-i can imagine he would of had quite a bit of legal and financial woes. Anyways this story had quite a few unbelievable elements including the fact that the perp killed was a millionaire and a star college student- i guess he did home invasions for shits and giggles.

Even though there where a few news articles written about this, I'd rather not post them o a public forum to give it more attention/potential publicity but if you want ill gladly pm additional info about this incident.

9. Cam Moon

Cam Moon AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    They don't need a warrant in Canada. If you own one they legally have full access to your home with or without your presence, and can search to whatever extent they can justify as "reasonable"..... AND without compensating you for your losses. I'm not saying they do it on a regular basis, or at all. I'm just saying that they have that kind of power. It's ridiculous! !

10. Newboomer

Newboomer GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
    Hunted:
    RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
    Wow! That sounds like something right out of hitler's playbook. As Bush I used to say, Jackbooted Gestapo.

11. Cam Moon

Cam Moon AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    That's why the cop's cheating wife can't find any takers!!! LMAO!!!

12. Ragman

Ragman AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada(Sask./B.C.), Namibia, RSA(Eastern Cape) USA(Texas)
    When High River flooded in 2013 and people were evacuated from there homes, the police did go door to door and entered them looking for firearms. Any that were found were seized.

13. edward

edward AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    safari club,nra,d.s.c.
    Hunted:
    south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.

14. Chago

Chago AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Only if you have a restricted license. If you only have non restricted they can not come in to your home without a warrant.

15. Chago

Chago AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Some families have a fire plan. I have a intruder plan. Trust me. He will be holding a gun one way or another. Lol

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    LiegeRiver and wesheltonj like this.

16. Cam Moon

Cam Moon AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Yes @Chago that's correct. My response was to @DCN who had specifically said restricted. But it's best to clarify to others who may not be knowledgeable. Thank you!
    I had a chuckle about your intruder plan! Haha