Canada's boy king Bans Firearms - List of 1500

I’ve received an interesting email today from a friend of mine, once the new firearms ban was better understood.

“Well, isn’t this an interesting development?? I do address my comments to the shotgunners and hunters out there who figured the gun ban had nothing to do with them. This ban is all about ARs and they have no use for them. So, I don’t use a shotgun – I don’t hunt ducks and I don’t shoot skeet or trap, I hunt turkeys with a bow. What would you think if I said, “I could give a shit as to what happened to you and your shotgun.”

As of 1 May, all you turkey hunters using a 12 gauge, are now criminals. I just got to ask you, how does it feel? Are you sitting out in your turkey blind with your favourite turkey gun, with a stunned look on our face, shrugging your shoulders and saying, “What the hell just happened?” Are you thinking, I’m no criminal. I’ve never committed a crime, (in fact, you are likely more honest than the politicians who made you a criminal). This shotgun has been in your family for years and has never caused anyone any harm, you probably have enjoyed using it to get a turkey every year.

Well, if you take it out of your house to go turkey hunting, you are breaking the law. If you want to go out this weekend and shoot some trap or skeet, you are breaking the law – ain’t that a bitch – so, how does that make you feel? Join the club, because we AR shooters have already felt it and saw you shotgunners turn your back on us “who needs an AR, anyway?”

Well, here is something else I want you to feel. I still could give a shit about your shotgun but I will fight with you to the bitter end for your right to shoot your favourite gun in any recreational activity that you like.

We stand together or we hang alone (to quote somebody from the American Revolution). Now, how does that make you feel?”

Well put.

if the go through with a buyback we'll bankrupt the country just on the number of old singleshot 12s in Canada.

I really hope that you guys don't stand for that if it's true.

Did they ever really say what they would do as far as a buyback? Fair market value? I doubt it. Any compensation for sentimental value? Laughable. The "buy back" will leave everyone feeling screwed over, but will still cost the taxpayers a fortune. And for what??? Is this really going to make things safer? It's not going to make ANY difference!!!

Did they ever really say what they would do as far as a buyback? Fair market value? I doubt it. Any compensation for sentimental value? Laughable. The "buy back" will leave everyone feeling screwed over, but will still cost the taxpayers a fortune. And for what??? Is this really going to make things safer? It's not going to make ANY difference!!!

According to my readings online there perposing a flat rate per serial number, some say 200$ some say 500$ but I would consider it all speculation.

It doesn't matter whether they give you a pittance or a fortune, they are taking your freedoms, your lifestyle and your right to just treatment. In addition, their chosen methodology sets the precedent of rule by fiat. In other words they can do whatever they like to you with total impunity. Up to you what you do about it, but don't think it'll ever stop with the current list.

97F7153C-DA26-4D08-BD16-2519B49B9A7E.jpeg

It's like the story of the sheep farmer who saw the wolf kill his sheep. He noticed the wolf used it's teeth. So he rounded up all his sheep and removed their teeth so they couldn't kill each other.
Why not go after the wolves rather than make things more difficult for your sheep?

Without reading through 8 pages of this does anyone have the actual bill or wording or the ban to read?

There is a lot of forums out there that are reading into the ban that any shotgun once the screw in chokes are removed are banned since once the choke tube is removed it will open up the barrel quite a bit.

Without reading through 8 pages of this does anyone have the actual bill or wording or the ban to read?

I have attached the pdf of the Order to change the regulations regarding prohibited weapons.

Attachments

• Canada-Gazette-May-1-2020-Part-II.pdf
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 116
12 Ga Beretta Urika without the choke measures 0.8200” (20.8 mm).

For the last years the AR etc... business has been the big growth segment in the Canadian industry. This was the outgrowth of the last big gun control move that was the long gun registry. It had the effect of putting all shooters in a position to consider the Restricted category, as they moved forward. These being pistols, ARs, and other deeply dangerous killing machines. So the result of the most aggressive gun change in years was to proliferate the exact type of guns the grabbers were most anxious to get. This happens with every gun control that comes in, there is some really stupid unintended consequence from the perspective of the grabbers.

At the moment, this latest thing, the main thing is how expensive it is. However, with Covid 19 destroying us, it is not clear whether people will even blink at such small numbers as a billion dollars.

"These being pistols, ARs, and other deeply dangerous killing machines"

Your words I presume?......really that's your opinion....?...sounds anti gun to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!