Can’t ship to a FFL unless you are a FFL???

You can say that about UPS theft. I won’t mention how many long guns and handguns that we have ordered and never show up at shop. Don’t get me started about the ammo either!!
I just had one taken during shipment last month, was even tracking the package with their package tracker, talked to a local dealer and he said they have cases of ammo that are delivered missing boxes regularly

I don't think that the problem is those swamp things but the woke CEO'S, and decision makers within these companies.

They will make the same decisions no matter who is in the swamp.

I shipped a rifle to guns.com yesterday via UPS - super easy. The new policy is the ffl must make the label. I printed it out, brought the box to UPS, told them it was a long gun, they didn't even open the box.

Worker said the new policy is to absolve UPS of liability. People were shipping ammo in the same box as the rifle. If UPS makes the label, they are liable for the contents.

Or what the point is …if I buy a gun from a licensed dealer who is already recording all the information. And it’s not like I’m going to use a credit card on a private sale so I really don’t get what the point is
Multiple points to be made.

The high lights, ATF is not supposed to use the forms (4473) for tracking purposes. By law they can not keep electronic copies of them that will allow them to be searched by say a name, SS#, or address.

The CC companies have huge databases that revolve around tracking transactions. Their system is already in place and developed to flag certain transactions. It is a way to circumvent the law of a gun registry.

This move has nothing to do with keeping the public safe. If you can't see the agenda and what is taking place...

I don't think that the problem is those swamp things but the woke CEO'S, and decision makers within these companies.

Those CEO's contribute heavily to those swamp things.

It’s much deeper than the CEO’s. You need to dig into BlackRock and Larry Fink. They are driving their left wing activism through their invested companies. The CEO’s are basically hostage. I guarantee that many members here are inadvertently supporting this left wing activism through retirement investments in BlackRock funds. I refuse to hold any investments in any BlackRock vehicle.

This is a very serious issue. Your own assets are being used to attack your way of life.

I
Sold a rifle

Went to UPS to ship it to the FFL which was in fact the buyer

UPS said “no can-do”

Said that as of the end of August only FFL’s can ship rifles?????

Is this a UPS thing or is this a ATF thing???

I am blown away as I have shipped dozens of rifles legally in the past. Always just me to the FFL

So apparently now I have to go to some FFL who is going to charge me a fee to ship the rifle on top of the shipping???
I just found this out today as well. It used to just have to go to an FFL.

back door gun/life control that only gun owners know about , a friend of mine learned the other day while itv the UPS counter trying to ship a 40k rifle to a FFL holder mind you my friend holds a C and R license

I think it is being misunderstood what the new requirements are. It is not an ffl to ffl in the sense you have to go to a gunshop to drop the rifle off. All that has to happen is the ffl (manufacturer or where the gun is being sold to) goes online on their ups acct, initiates the shipment, emails you the label, and you drop the box off at a ups customer center same ad before

Having a private carrier accept guns is a privilege. The only people screwing this up for everyone are gunowners themselves being sneaky or careless dumbasses.

I think it is being misunderstood what the new requirements are. It is not an ffl to ffl in the sense you have to go to a gunshop to drop the rifle off. All that has to happen is the ffl (manufacturer or where the gun is being sold to) goes online on their ups acct, initiates the shipment, emails you the label, and you drop the box off at a ups customer center same ad before

Having a private carrier accept guns is a privilege. The only people screwing this up for everyone are gunowners themselves being sneaky or careless dumbasses.
There was no "being sneaky" or being a "careless dumbass" involved.

I was shipping to a FFL and I declared I was shipping a firearm and had a copy of the FFLs license in hand.. Like I have done dozens of times before in perfectly legal transactions.

Maybe you should save your opinions until you are not ignorant about what you are saying.

Multiple points to be made.

The high lights, ATF is not supposed to use the forms (4473) for tracking purposes. By law they can not keep electronic copies of them that will allow them to be searched by say a name, SS#, or address.

The CC companies have huge databases that revolve around tracking transactions. Their system is already in place and developed to flag certain transactions. It is a way to circumvent the law of a gun registry.

This move has nothing to do with keeping the public safe. If you can't see the agenda and what is taking place...
Yeah when I said I don’t see the point… I meant a legitimate reason.

I know what their agenda is

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?​

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another state. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of their own state or to a licensee in any state.
The U.S. Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.
Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A); 27 CFR 478.31]

There was no "being sneaky" or being a "careless dumbass" involved.

I was shipping to a FFL and I declared I was shipping a firearm and had a copy of the FFLs license in hand.. Like I have done dozens of times before in perfectly legal transactions.

Maybe you should save your opinions until you are not ignorant about what you are saying.

Wasn't talking about you

But is it really UPS or is it federal government requirement?
No. It is a policy from UPS that took effect Sept 5 (think that was the day). Direct pressure from anti-gun Senators on UPS and they caved. The letter has been published. I received notice from Guntabs in early September. Go to their website, or google it, and you can read the letter and see who signed.
Can you ship a gun through the post office?
Yes. I was going to print the USPS policy, but someone above already did. They are now the only option for an individual to ship a long gun. Be sure to insure it; they don't have the best track record either.

Can you ship a gun through the post office?

I have just started reading the theads to the OP, thus you may have had your question answered multiple times:

No!! You can not ship firearms or Any hazardous materials: ie reloading and black powder including black powder substitutes, primers, loaded/live ammo, etc. via USPS. Brass, bullets, "dummy" ammo or "snap caps" can go USPS.

FEDEX is/can be an alternative to using UPS, But don't be surprised if the clerk behind the counter tells you no we can't ship it. They're either too dumb or they (themselves) are refusing to ship your firearm(s). Those clerks that are willing will run you through the hazmat gambit before they maybe allow hazmat items to be shipped. Unless you have a preprinted return or other shipping label they can print from their computer.

There was something awhile back when UPS first "rumored" they were no longer going to ship/handle/transport firearms and hazmat related firearms items that DHL would be a likely carrier. I haven't kept up with the latest news on this subject maybe, if not already posted, others more up to date on this debacle can gives some insight on getting firearms and alike accessories shipped.

I have just started reading the theads to the OP, thus you may have had your question answered multiple times:

No!! You can not ship firearms or Any hazardous materials: ie reloading and black powder including black powder substitutes, primers, loaded/live ammo, etc. via USPS. Brass, bullets, "dummy" ammo or "snap caps" can go USPS.

FEDEX is/can be an alternative to using UPS, But don't be surprised if the clerk behind the counter tells you no we can't ship it. They're either too dumb or they (themselves) are refusing to ship your firearm(s). Those clerks that are willing will run you through the hazmat gambit before they maybe allow hazmat items to be shipped. Unless you have a preprinted return or other shipping label they can print from their computer.

There was something awhile back when UPS first "rumored" they were no longer going to ship/handle/transport firearms and hazmat related firearms items that DHL would be a likely carrier. I haven't kept up with the latest news on this subject maybe, if not already posted, others more up to date on this debacle can gives some insight on getting firearms and alike accessories shipped.

You absolutely can ship long guns via USPS.

Yes, but for long guns only (not a handgun).
Have a copy of the dealers license you are shipping to.

Unless this has changed recently as well...

Don't know about any changes, but my local post offices will not ship any firearm long gun or handgun, to include muzzleloader firearms. They recommend UPS or maybe FEDEX. Handguns have to be shipped "overnight" (arrive next business day). According to USPS "they" don't want to be responsible for firearms not getting to the correct address, lost, or basically paraphrased 'getting into the wrong hands'.

(Sarcasm)....and to think, not that many decades ago, once upon a time a person could order a firearm out of a Montgomery Wards or Sears and Roebuck catalog, it would arrive 4-6 weeks later at the local post office where the customer could pick it up like any other parcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois