AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA,
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Some know how to sell and there are those that put things up for sale. From this chair, if I'm paying that much for a firearm, I'd want a reasonable return policy and put it on a credit card.

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
I called few times a few years ago on a double they had listed and got a cranky response. I didn't but it as I was put off by the response, so my guess is that is just how his personality is. I am confident that he has a very loyal group of guys that he does business with that like his quirky responses. Life is shot so just smile and wish him a good day and find one somewhere else.

kdenn

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, RMEF, NRA
I have bought a number of humble hunting rifles the last few years but I bow to TOBY458!!! In the short time I’ve been a member of this great site, I’ve lost count of his buys and sells. I’d love to see your gun safe(s). I applaud greatness.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I have bought a number of humble hunting rifles the last few years but I bow to TOBY458!!! In the short time I’ve been a member of this great site, I’ve lost count of his buys and sells. I’d love to see your gun safe(s). I applaud greatness.
Well, the gun safe stays at a very full level, but as I buy, I also sell. That way I have one open slot most of the time.....See there? Ya gotta stay one step ahead of the game! Lol!

YancyW

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
Well, the gun safe stays at a very full level, but as I buy, I also sell. That way I have one open slot most of the time.....See there? Ya gotta stay one step ahead of the game! Lol!

This is the smart approach, I always intend to follow it, but usually just end up building more shelves in the vault.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
That doesn’t count all the guns under the bed and In the hall closet. Probably have a few hidden on top of the kitchen cabinets as well. Open slot in the safe.........yea that’s a good one Toby!

Mort Hill

Gold supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Life Member SCI, Director-Music City SCI Chapter, NWTF, NRA
Hunted
SA, Zambia, Tanzania
Sounds like a Texan still pissed off about the election.

Excessexpress

AH veteran
Reaction score
I realise Toby458s sincerity (and frequency of purchase!) but to be blunt, rifles like that tend to attract tyre kickers with a small range of questions that get very wearing in a short time.

The response is not heading to a sale, but I do understand that sometimes things get that way.

Also, the price is sometimes dictated by factors other than the guy answering the email.

And who knows, maybe the piss was exceptionally high quality? :cool:

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Ah hell. I wish I could have this post taken down. I probably overreacted a little. Should've just told him to have a nice day, and moved on. Nothing positive can come from a negative post anyway. Lol!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
THREAD is the initial *starting* post. POST is a reply to a THREAD or a reply to a post within a thread. POST is a form of COMMENT - they are mutually exclusive(y):love:

Amazing how many folks dont know this.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
THREAD is the initial *starting* post. POST is a reply to a THREAD or a reply to a post within a thread. POST is a form of COMMENT - they are mutually exclusive(y):love:

Amazing how many folks dont know this.
I guess three hots and a cot won't be much worse than my recent hospital stay. Where do I turn myself in Mr. GRAMMAR POLICE!? Haha!

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Russ Gould. South African living in Texas. He didn’t accurately describe a rifle I purchased and it was sold on gunsinternational so by terms of service it had a 72 hour inspection period. He threw a mantrum over me demanding a return. Not a classy fellow.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I guess three hots and a cot won't be much worse than my recent hospital stay. Where do I turn myself in Mr. GRAMMAR POLICE!? Haha!
Consider it a public service announcement, LOL.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D Beer Bottle:

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
458......be sure to clean the rifle thoroughly before placing it in your safe.
Thanks for threading.............FWB

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Russ Gould. South African living in Texas. He didn’t accurately describe a rifle I purchased and it was sold on gunsinternational so by terms of service it had a 72 hour inspection period. He threw a mantrum over me demanding a return. Not a classy fellow.
Exactly why I was asking him if the rifle was in truly new condition. It had been for sale for well over a year. For all I know it's been on his gun rack getting finger banged by every customer who walks through the place for over a year. Been there done that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmanLaurella

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.