Buyer Beware Of Whitworth Arms LLC/doublegunhq

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
Exactly why I was asking him if the rifle was in truly new condition. It had been for sale for well over a year. For all I know it's been on his gun rack getting finger banged by every customer who walks through the place for over a year. Been there done that!
His website is pretty clunky is probably why it’s been for sale so long. But a friend of mine bought one of his shotguns that have been regulated for slugs and that thing is a killer

CoElkHunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I guess three hots and a cot won't be much worse than my recent hospital stay. Where do I turn myself in Mr. GRAMMAR POLICE!? Haha!
Wow! In 12 minutes from your post, Stoppelman was on you like a cheap suit! He almost got me yesterday morning, but in a panic I corrected my snafu. He’s good!

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Wow! In 12 minutes from your post, Stoppelman was on you like a cheap suit! He almost got me yesterday morning, but in a panic I corrected my snafu. He’s good!

Funny thing is that he was also wrong. He said "THREAD is the initial *starting* post.", in reality in forums etc.. the starting post is called OP which stands for "original post". I'll leave the correct definition of "thread" to those that are really pedantic.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
If the post was wrong, it wasnt me. I lifted that explanation off the web. So there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
If the post was wrong, it wasnt me. I lifted that explanation off the web. So there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, here is the definition of thread then, comes up the moment you search for "thread".

..."a theme or characteristic, typically forming one of several, running throughout a situation or piece of writing.""

Perhaps work on your Google-Fu? .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ultimate thread derail. Discussing definition of thread. ;)

thriller

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NWTF, NRA, DU, SCI and QDMA
Hunted
Countries: Argentina, United States and Zimbabwe States: AL, LA, FL, MS, Tenn., SD, ND, IA, NE, KN,SC, GA, TX and NC
The first rule of the internet is that you cannot trust the internet

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
And who doesnt?! I reckon everyone who felt the need to post on this has the same problem right? Maybe we should give it a rest.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
LOL you have a point. Although I’m in a shooting house in the pouring rain so time is what I’ve got. It’s gonna have to be big to get me to shoot tonight.

Lee in Texas

AH senior member
Reaction score
That guy gave me some sh*t on another site because I was looking to buy FN Supreme bottom metal. Said it would look like any other old Browning or something like that. It’s my rifle. I’ll put whatever bottom metal on it that I like.

Actually, it’s Mom’s rifle. She surprised the hell out of me when she said wants to go deer hunting. She’s 73. She’s getting a Mauser built just for her.

ZimBobWay

Reaction score
The fine art of sarcasm is lost on some people. Honestly, by asking if it "still" is in new condition, you suggest he may not be a careful individual and may have damaged the rifle. Some people are sensitive to such suggestions and you can trigger that type of response through an unfortunate choice of words.

Simply asking " "I see it is advertised as like new. Can you advise of any wear that may have occured or anything that has changed since you listed it?" You increase the odds off getting your answer but some people are just wound a little tighter than others. You never know.

I have purchased ammo from the guy and have had no issues whatsoever.

Last edited:

PARA45

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa, Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Also, the owner could have shot the rifle, and it's no longer as new. :)

Muskox

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States
I have learned a lot about salesmanship from gun shops. Mostly on not to do ever.

My local gun shop (LGS) in Australia (2010-2013) had a lot of friends that worked there, and those friends were absolutely shit at customer service.

Guy walks in.

My friend says "G'day, how going? What can I get for you".

The guy says "yep Mate, I want a 22 Earsplittingloudenboomer Exress Weatherby Magnum" (or insert any popular cartridge of the day 270 WSM, 6.5 Creedmoor, 308, whatever".

My friend says "that is a stupid cartridge, what are you using it for".

Guy says "sambar and pigs".

My friend says " you need a 340 Weatherby (or something else nonsensical for average blokes".

Guy says again "do you have a 22 ESPLBEWM?".

My friend says " yeah, but it's in a Howa and they are shit".

Guy says " OK, I'll take one".

My friend says " I can order you a Sako?"

Guy says, I'll go across town and walks out the door.

This is the same conversation I have had in 1000's of other gunshops all my life. I don't understand how 99% of them are in business.

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
Suggesting a Sako neither do I.....

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
The fine art of sarcasm is lost on some people. Honestly, by asking if it "still" is in new condition, you suggest he may not be a careful individual and may have damaged the rifle. Some people are sensitive to such suggestions and you can trigger that type of response through an unfortunate choice of words.

Simply asking " "I see it is advertised as like new. Can you advise of any wear that may have occured or anything that has changed since you listed it?" You increase the odds off getting your answer but some people are just wound a little tighter than others. You never know.

I have purchased ammo from the guy and have had no issues whatsoever.
This rifle has been listed for sale for over a year at least. He has a gun shop, so for all I know it's been on his gun rack being fondled by ever customer that walks through the door. And as you know, every time most people pick a rifle up, they have to work the bolt vigorously and dry fire for good measure. Would you consider a rifle in "new condition" if that was indeed the case? Although it may be unfired, it could still be far from new condition. That was my only reason for asking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NelleBruns

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

degoins wrote on Treemantwo's profile.
I have a like new VC .450 I might part with. I had it built in 2013 and it has served me well. Also have a VC fitted leather trunk case for it along with the plastic case it came with. I'll take 14000 for all of it.
Matt W wrote on Jody's profile.
Hi Jody,
I have been looking for ideas on the best way to display my European mounts from Africa. I came across some of your shield work and was wondering if you would be willing to make one for me? If so, please let me know the cost. I like the shield with the two spears that you built for a member years ago. Thanks.
cal pappas wrote on Mnelson2's profile.
Nelson. Is this message a PM format. I want to send you my email, but don't know if this is the cirrect way to do it. I'm at <pappas@mtaonline.net> Send me an email with your phone and I will call you about a skull I have. I went to school in Boston and am from Bernardston in the west part of the state. Moved to Alaska in 1984 adn never looked back.
BeeMaa wrote on Justbryan's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. He was a pleasure to do business with.
BeeMaa wrote on 375Fox's profile.
Sold a Blaser scope mount to him. Was a pleasure to do business with.