Buyer Beware Of Whitworth Arms LLC/doublegunhq

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Today I enquired about a Kimber Caprivi in 458 Lott with a seller on Gunsinternational.com. They go by the name of doublegunhq with the company name Whitworth Arms LLC.
They have had this rifle listed for quite a long time in "As New Condition". And they are asking retail price for it.
So I simply asked them the question " is this rifle still in "as new condition" with no flaws? Perfectly like new? And this is the response I was given.
I can't imagine a busines owner responding to a question in this manner....
So if you see anything they are offering for sale, I'd be very leery to do business with them.

Screenshot_20210121-220401_Email.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Today I enquired about a Kimber Caprivi in 458 Lott with a seller on Gunsinternational.com. They go by the name of doublegunhq with the company name Whitworth Arms LLC.
They have had this rifle listed for quite a long time in "As New Condition". And they are asking retail price for it.
So I simply asked them the question " is this rifle still in "as new condition" with no flaws? Perfectly like new? And this is the response I was given.
So if you see anything they are offering for sale, I'd be very leery to do business with them.
That might have been an honest answer. People do weird stuff.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
Thats odd, I have asked them about goods and services over the years and never got an answer like that one! Maybe having a bad hair day.

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Thats odd, I have asked them about goods and services over the years and never got an answer like that one! Maybe having a bad hair day.
Maybe the email went through to the wrong person? Who knows? I actually thought the answer was quite funny, but I still couldn't do business with such an asshole if that's how he talks to his potential customers. Oh well. It's not like I need another rifle anyway!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I think you are forgetting the agreement you had a sign to buy a Blaser R8 anyway. “Thou shalt not buy any rifles other than Blaser”
The R8 purchase has already been fulfilled grasshopper! Now it's time to move on to other items of interest! Haha!

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
The R8 purchase has already been fulfilled grasshopper! Now it's time to move on to other items of interest! Haha!
I thought I was bad! You put me to shame bro!! :ROFLMAO:

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces

View attachment 385273
Toby, did you look at the photos of that rifle, it is new old stock. $2975 I believe. Unless you have looked into it in detail, you need to look again. Looks same as new to me.

Kevin Peacocke

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Come on Toby, its hilarious! "Is it new, new new, or new new new?" He could have just said something boring like "yes".

So get back to him and say, " ok, in that case Ill take it for 10% discount, and we share a beer"

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Toby, did you look at the photos of that rifle, it is new old stock. $2975 I believe. Unless you have looked into it in detail, you need to look again. Looks same as new to me.
The reason I asked was, I purchased a Kimber exactly like this in the past that was marked "as new" and the pictures looked great. But when I received the rifle, it had a cracked forearm and the action looked like it had been cycled 500 times, with a bunch of the bluing worn off the feed rails. So, If I'm going to pay new prices, I want a new rifle! These rifles routinely sold for around $2750 the last time Kimber made a run of 458s, so he's not exactly cheap on it. Oh well. I don't really need it anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priligy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?