IMG_20150414_101729514.jpg

Here is a nice 19.5 incher from northern Limpopo:

Attachments

• scan0004-1.jpg
    scan0004-1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:
That is just plain AWESOME!!

You guys are killing me with these photos.

Forget the thread about a Kudu only hunt, how about a Bushbuck only hunt!

For your own big Limpopo bushbuck , contact Hannes Els of Limcroma Safaris.
That pic is of one on his trophy room wall, taken on his farm. Mine was nice, but not that nice!
http://www.limcroma.com/en/

Although I had no plans to hunt another Cape BB, I could not pass up the opportunity when it arose a few weeks ago. Like kudu, they are such a fun animal to pursue. Now I need to go after a Limpopo BB.

image.jpg

Certainly an idea.

Limpopo bushbuck taken in the Northwest province of South Africa last week. They are endemic to the region, this is an extremely hard hunt in thick cover.

20150424_163115_resized.jpg

Those bushbuck look awesome. They are definitely on my list, 2nd behind a kudu. Now I just got to stop spending money and start saving!

I might be hardpressed to find another Bushbuck whose horns I like better or one as old, but I look back wishing I had shot the one we walked up on at 30 yards also.
He had a pretty face and coat. But, If Lana could have caught up with us quick enough, she could have shot him.

That is a great looking one Savage Hunter! I would love to get one like that one day. Kevin

Those are cool looking animals definetly on my wish list !

That is a great looking one Savage Hunter! I would love to get one like that one day. Kevin
Marius might have another one lurking around.
It was really funny when we saw him. Marius looked at him but thought he must have been looking at a limb above his head.
At first he said "it looks heavy" then, a second later, he said "that's not a limb above his head, he is very long too. you need to shoot him".

Marius might have another one lurking around.
It was really funny when we saw him. Marius looked at him but thought he must have been looking at a limb above his head.
At first he said "it looks heavy" then, a second later, he said "that's not a limb above his head, he is very long too. you need to shoot him".

Hahaha Jerry,
Remember it as if it was yesterday. Think that was the first ram we have ever shot that had hair slip on his face before we even shot him. Old warrior that!

All game animals around the world are interesting to me and that includes kudu, so don't read more into this than what it is but:
I'd rather hunt bushbuck than kudu, even if their respective price tags were reversed (thankfully that is not so).

Well I learned that horn and body size don't go together. Some of the younger ones have longer horns than the old big body veterans. You can tell an old one by the ring around his neck, kind of like leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross