Buffalo Lost His Horn

Firebird

AH legend
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
3,854
Reaction score
11,468
Location
Utah
Media
412
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
6
Hunted
South Africa
Someone sent this to me from-I believe an Instagram post called natureismetal. I assume he got busted off in a fight but the blood still squirting from his horn is fascinating.
5F5DE3D0-210F-46A1-BC64-C9A64E2A3B6A.jpeg
 
Looks like he got his a$$ kicked. LOL!!!!!
 
This looks like an oooold buffalo. Old warrior! great photo!
 
Wow! Thanks for sharing
 
WOW not so sure he wasn’t hit by a truck
 
Not sure, but this old veteran from the Rigby site shows the healing process, the bone protrudes. What a trophy! There is a wonderful write up on this very hunt, I cant find it for you, but search Rigby.
41F5F29D-DFA3-4A02-904E-EA8192666944.png
 
I've seen cows get horns knocked off like that and they bled just like that. They eventually clotted up and were fine . Gotta take a lot of force to break a buffs horn!!
 
Remember in HATARI when the buff charges their jeep, knocks it back about 4 feet! No horn damage. And I think it was actually a cow judging by the thin horns.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,259
Messages
1,570,026
Members
168,809
Latest member
PeryPari
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top