BOTSWANA Hunting Information

Our PH in Botswana said that military camo is banned, but 'designer' camo you use for hunting is okay for wear. So who's right? I dunno

Dee I shall ask one of the Defence force Generals for clarity - my opinion is that it has been so long since we hunted on public land they may have relaxed the rules some.

I appreciate it John, I would prefer to avoid trouble.

Olive green is my Botswana hunting color of choice- khaki is too light and I get confused with a photographic tourist!

Reactions: WAB
I travel throuhh Botswana a lot . I almost always wear regular hunting camo T shirt . Have never had an issue . I do have to say then normally with regular shorts .

BDF can be difficult so to be on safe side rather go with regular green or dark Khaki as advised by your outfitter.

Happy Hunting !

Ok Dee so it seems like the Staus Quo no longer have a problem with hunting camo so long as it’s not military issue and particularly not if your “hunting” rifle is an RPG or AK 47 and your “PH” goes by the name of Comandante and your hunting buddies are all called comrades. And leave the red Beret at home.

LOL, well that's great to hear, appreciate it. I'll leave my USMC BDU's at home then and since we bow hunt, no worries on them being mistaken for military weapons.

Semper Fi ! Have fun Botswana is a great place.

It says here that the largest rifle caliber to be legally allowed for hunting, is the .577 Nitro Express. Does this mean that I can’t hunt elephant in Botswana with my .600 NE?

It says here that the largest rifle caliber to be legally allowed for hunting, is the .577 Nitro Express. Does this mean that I can’t hunt elephant in Botswana with my .600 NE?
I know two hunters that use .600 NE in Botswana.

Can you hunt Hippo or elephant with a bow here?

Quick question are there Elephant PAC hunts available on private land in Botswana for non residents?

Quick question are there Elephant PAC hunts available on private land in Botswana for non residents?

No. Private ranchers are permitted to kill elephant causing damage on the wrong side of the fence. They cannot offer them as PAC hunts to visiting hunters.

No. Private ranchers are permitted to kill elephant causing damage on the wrong side of the fence. They cannot offer them as PAC hunts to visiting hunters.
Thank you that is how I also have it just heard someone telling me about PAC hunts in BOTS and also thought it does not sound right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross