bolt jeweling

Hyde Hunter

AH elite
Joined
Dec 22, 2019
Messages
1,332
Reaction score
1,744
Location
Stickney,SD
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
just thought if anyone is interested in having the bolt jeweled on their rifle you should contact Baldwin Bolt Jeweling at 989-843-8954. I called him last Monday and asked if it was ok to send him the bolt, extractor and follower. he polished the items then did a deluxe jeweling job on them, they came great and charged me 95.00 including return shipping, the great part was it was back to me in one week from the day I shipped them. I have a few more I think I will send him great work
 
This is one of those projects that I always want to try my hand at, and then I realize the price a gunsmith charges and second guess if the investment in tools is worth it.

Glad you’re happy with the work you got done!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 9.39.30 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 9.39.30 AM Large.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 303
  • Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 9.39.35 AM Large.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 9.39.35 AM Large.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 256
Would love to see a picture of his work on your bolt.
I will post up a picture later today, I also noticed that it even feels smoother when loading and cycling the bolt, he even did a nice blue job on the edges of the follower
 
I will post up a picture later today, I also noticed that it even feels smoother when loading and cycling the bolt, he even did a nice blue job on the edges of the follower
Cool, thanks. Which jeweling pattern did you choose?
 
I,ve used Skip a 1/2 a dozen times and his work is outstanding, last one he did for me was my Whitworth 375, which I posted on AH. BTW have him do the follower also
 
Last edited:
just thought if anyone is interested in having the bolt jeweled on their rifle you should contact Baldwin Bolt Jeweling at 989-843-8954. I called him last Monday and asked if it was ok to send him the bolt, extractor and follower. he polished the items then did a deluxe jeweling job on them, they came great and charged me 95.00 including return shipping, the great part was it was back to me in one week from the day I shipped them. I have a few more I think I will send him great work
bolt jeweled.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,257
Messages
1,569,951
Members
168,773
Latest member
DelilahHoc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top