Blaser R8 for Dangerous Game

They can be changed by pushing 2 pins and be in many Cals from 22 rim to 50 bmg. Also pistol cals and shotgun of course different sizes lowers

my point was he started this system nothing more. You get ars in about any cal you want from 22rim to 50 bmg and shotgun also.
All amazing points, but still N/A for the purposes of this discussion.

Feel free to add your own experiences using a Blaser R8 for hunting dangerous game. Or even if you have questions on how it works, where to get one, what problems have others had…etc.

You will find we a a friendly bunch here. Always willing to help another member.

@Tra3 - are there pictures to be shared? Maybe one or two with some game in it?

Being from Upstate NY, I enjoy pictures of others being pelted with snow. :ROFLMAO:
Being from Watkins Glen and Buffalo, I remember lake effect snow 10-12 feet at times.

my point was he started this system nothing more. You get ars in about any cal you want from 22rim to 50 bmg and shotgun also.
Not really. The original intent of the two pins was cleaning not modularity.

I like my ARs. But if you want a reliable hunting capable weapon, its likely to be purpose built. "Assembling" ARs from parts is very different than building one. There are no fixed specifications everyone follows and by definition, other than 5.56 and 7.62, everything else is not spec. Sure there is the MCX family and a few others - but it all works because there is one specifier. AR builds from various parts that don't work are legion. Yes most work but I wouldn't bet my life on one.

I would love to make an intelligent, experience-based comment on this Blaser R8 for dangerous game debate. Can someone please donate me a Blaser R8 in 375 H&H and a buffalo hunt so I can do some research? :LOL:

Safe hunting

Finally

404 Jeff with iron sights for my R8

not yet in my possession but this photo from the maker

many thanks for the help and guidance from the kind and highly knowledgeable folk on here

you know who you are

j

62076C9D-9CF7-4E90-9B46-9BB40DE81A39.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful fluting. From the looks of it…19mm barrel profile?

Beautiful fluting. From the looks of it…19mm barrel profile?

I actually went for the 22mm barrel

I have a match barrel (22mm) in .223 and was so pleased with its heft and balance that I took a risk and went for the heavier barrel in 404J in the knowledge that a bigger hole, plus fluting would be a less hefty barrel than the .223 but with similar balance

i have mine in 22mm barrel, 300wm fluted and 416rm, they are better than great
i also have 6.5X55 and 9.3X62 with 19mm barrels

I will have to ask - I’ve lost track a little as this project has been ongoing for 10 months

I do know that we are still waiting for it from Blaser
@Red Leg has a 404J Blaser R8. Maybe he will be kind enough to let us know.

Once you get it all together and assembled, I'd be interested in knowing what the total weight is.

Nice! Very nice that they incorporated the Blaser QD mount. My current aftermarket barrel has a rail mount instead. Not really a big deal but doesnt look as clean for sure. Having another done and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same with the rail

Nice! Very nice that they incorporated the Blaser QD mount. My current aftermarket barrel has a rail mount instead. Not really a big deal but doesnt look as clean for sure. Having another done and I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same with the rail
Is the rail machined into the barrel or is it an attachment? Pictures would be nice too.

Please keep us posted would love to have one made for mine

The Rainback Father & Son company have a reputation for high quality workmanship

However, we are struggling with getting parts from Blaser especially and also, more generally, anything from the EU

The EU is still sulking that we kicked them into touch and are currently making importing goods difficult

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!