Tra3

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia
I agree, but sometimes you can get a deal on the entire package.
Even if it's not the barrel you want, but it should be in the same caliber group.
This is to avoid having to change a bolt head.
You can sell the unwanted barrel to fund the one you do.
And still be ahead in overall cost.
Very good point. So... did anyone happen to buy a R8 7 rem mag barrel they don’t want?

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I know a bloke you might be able to talk to about that! haha stop it
My prediction is he will become an R8 addict and will be up to his ears in barrels in 12 months time.;)
Who is this unsuspecting fella you guys are talking about????

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Why Toby...did you get the feeling?
Well.....If I didn't already have hundreds of rounds of factory loads and loading components for the 7mm RM, you might have me on this one. Even though I doubt I'll ever take something smaller than a 375 to Africa. Which is really my only reason for buying the R8.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Well.....If I didn't already have hundreds of rounds of factory loads and loading components for the 7mm RM, you might have me on this one. Even though I doubt I'll ever take something smaller than a 375 to Africa. Which is really my only reason for buying the R8.
Well then...I guess you are talking to me!!! :oops:

Aussie_Hunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I never said a word about the r8 until I shot one, though I have seen people singing its praises and never as much as held one.

I have heard many dislocate their jaws yammering on and on about how fast you can get multiple rounds out the end of the pipe and it has always made me wonder why the felt that to be so important? Is it because they just picked a round that at best could be the minimum that should be used? Or is it because their shooting stinks on ice?

Or is it just because they simply can't handle the recoil of anything bigger than the Queen of the Medium Bores like so many truly honest hunters here have admitted to ? How the hell would I know...... unless I took them to the range myself.

The 500 Schuller is a fine round.....what it come out of is insignificant to its stopping power.
True the 500 Jeffery is a fine round no matter what rifle it comes out of, but doesn't being able to make quicker follow up shots with the R8 compared to a conventional bolt gun have it's advantages? I think it does. Anyway Having said that I would be more than happy to own a 500 Jeffery in a conventional bolt gun as well. To be honest the main reason I landed on the R8 was more because of the calibre I wanted not so much the rifle. The 500 Jeffery is not easy to come by in Australia and from what was available at the time the Blaser R8 was definitely the best choice IMO and now having owned it for a while and spent quite a bit of time shooting it I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeLis

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG