Big Sable from Zambia

fairgame

AH veteran
Joined
Oct 29, 2014
Messages
110
Reaction score
159
Media
1
Articles
1
Last year I took a big free ranging Sable out of my Royal Kafue concession in Zambia. It scored very highly and made number 6 of all time. I have been told that it will be exhibited at the shows this year. The second photo is from the taxidermist studio.

Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png

sablemount_zps6461a058.jpg
 

Attachments

  • sablemount_zps6461a058.jpg
    sablemount_zps6461a058.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 401
  • Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png
    Screenshot2013-11-26at081648_zpsbf1c5a73.png
    480.6 KB · Views: 488
Last edited by a moderator:
That Sable deserves a Full Mount Andrew. An absolute monster.

I look forward to visiting it in Vegas if it is there. What taxidermist?
 
Oh man......you have been illuminated by the hunters star no doubt......that monster is once in lifetime trophie......enjoy it for the rest of your life..........!!!!!!

Congrats.....good for you......!!!!
 
That Sable deserves a Full Mount Andrew. An absolute monster.

I look forward to visiting it in Vegas if it is there. What taxidermist?

When I say I took it I mean my client and good friend S. Rogers. Not sure of the taxidermist and understand it will be at DSC and Houston. That is all the info I have apart from it won some award.
 
When I say I took it I mean my client and good friend S. Rogers. Not sure of the taxidermist and understand it will be at DSC and Houston. That is all the info I have apart from it won some award.

walking someone in on a fine animal like this (specially a good friend )would be as big or even bigger gift as being the hunter


he is a bull of bulls, well done ,congratulations
 
What a trophy and deserving of a full mount, well done mate!
 
That big boy is a stud! How many inches is he?
 
When I say I took it I mean my client and good friend S. Rogers. Not sure of the taxidermist and understand it will be at DSC and Houston. That is all the info I have apart from it won some award.

I know you guided the hunt Andrew.
 
WOW....fantastic trophy...:)
 
Terrific trophy Andrew!

I feel the trophy belongs to you every bit as much as the client. For without you that beautiful animal wouldn't have entered your client's sights or fallen to the shot . . . . it's also a good thing your client shoots well. LOL

Congratulations to you both.
 
Chaps,

Thanks for the comments. The longest horn was 50 1/2 or 4 feet 2 and half inches. I had never seen this Sable before and he was taken one morning behind camp whilst looking for Puku. We were hardly going to turn him down and he was what we British would describe as a gift horse.
 
I say some gift horse sir! Congrats to everyone who had anything to do with putting him on the ground.
 
Mike will be looking for something similar to that in August,don't let Andrew anywhere near Takeri please
 
Not the first time I've seen pics of this sable and it still makes me say "wow." Well done Andrew!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,435
Members
169,357
Latest member
trailrivet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top