Big Bores for small things

That's a good looking Mauser. Who built it?
 
This is the M98 built at the Mauser factory in Germany.
 
I have shot buffalo, lioness, wildebeest, warthogs, eland & gemsbok with the 416 Rigby. It works great within its range limits.

IMG_0021.jpeg
IMG_0015.jpeg
IMG_0028.jpeg
IMG_0008.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I took all of these animals (except the buffalo) with my 416 Rigby. I simply enjoy shooting bigger bore rifles and find that this works very well out to 200 yards. However I did put a Leupold 3x9 (quick release bases) on it for the small stuff and longer shots too.

887a4452-438c-49b1-8d42-65ce94300730.jpeg
Image 3.jpeg
 
I took my W C Scott hammer gun out for a stroll this AM. Thinking it was too easy for rabbits. I usually hunt rabbits with a traditional bow or .22

I jumped 5 rabbits and never got the right hammer back in time for a shot :ROFLMAO: Too slow. They were flushing quickly and at distance.

I started riding the hammer and got two shots off. But still No rabbits were harmed.
I’m going back to the stickbow :LOL:
IMG_8114.jpeg
IMG_8115.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I've taken my 375HH, 416 Rigby and 458WM all moose/deer/black bear hunting.

I plan on doing the same this year but with my 470NE double :)
 
The only thing I've taken with a 500 J is local Black Bear?
Coworkers want to see it against crop damage deer .. maybe.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,795
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top