Big Bore Addiction Group

there is that nice .404 at AHR looking for a home...............

You are such an enabler......... ;)

That is a very nice looking rifle.

You are such an enabler......... ;)

That is a very nice looking rifle.

yeah well i figure as i looked on there after someone else put the link on and ended up buying a .404, i dont see why i cant see if anyone else will end up spending their money :D

That is like owning 2.5 double rifles for only $7k!!!!

That's a steal....

You could always dual wield the No.1 and you have yourself a double!

Seriously, that collection is really cool. If I had unlimited funds I get it along with a Safari's for each of the name sakes... :A Hold Breath:

Seriously, that collection is really cool. If I had unlimited funds I get it along with a Safari's for each of the name sakes... :A Hold Breath:

Uhm.... weld? I was thinking duct tape...

It is a cool collection! I'm just not into the single shots or I wouldn't have shared;)

Uhm.... weld? I was thinking duct tape...
Hey Royal, careful what you post publicly..... Never admit fully to your skill set! :A Hi Five: You may have more comrades than you think.:A Too Cool:

BTW, where the hell is our "duct tape" smiley? :E Head Scratch:

:A Ignore::A Shutup:

Hey Royal, careful what you post publicly..... Never admit fully to your skill set! :A Hi Five: You may have more comrades than you think.:A Too Cool:

BTW, where the hell is our "duct tape" smiley? :E Head Scratch:

OK guys I have tried to resist the addiction, but maybe it is time to give in to temptation. My first crack at a 375H&H was two years ago on my first safari. We were shooting gong targets on a hillside at 300, 400, and 500 meters. The landowner decided that ringing steel with our scoped guns was enough so he pulled out an open sighted CZ 550 in 375H&H. He told me to shoot at a bucket that was roughly 50 yards from where we were standing but after making a outstanding shot on a bushbuck shortly before the range session, I decided to get a little cocky. I flipped up the 300 meter rear sight and got the gun up on the shooting sticks. I called out that I was going to shoot the 400 meter gong with a smile. I had never shot a 375 before and was not sure at all what to expect but I did some mental calculations for 400m based off a 300m zero. I gave it some elevation and squeezed the trigger. My first time shooting a DG rifle and I center punched a gong at 400 meters! My PH, the landowner, and my hunting observer were absolutely floored that I pulled the shot off. I calmly ejected the brass and handed the gun back to the landowner telling him that his CZ shoots well.

I have since shot only one other 375H&H and that was on my lioness hunt this year with Tootabi Hunting Safaris. The gun was a Musgrave Mauser owned by Pieter Erasmus of Paw Print Safaris. It was an absolute pleasure to shoot! Since coming home I have had it in my mind that I must own at least a 375 and maybe bigger. Today I learned that a friend of mine may not be able to shoot heavy recoiling rifles anymore. He has a pristine Ruger in 458Win which he stated that I will have the first option to buy from him. This creates a problem for me....I will buy it but I will also have to buy a 375 as well. Is this disease like hunting in Africa where once you start you cannot stop? Help!!!

Pic of shooting CZ 375H&H from sticks at 400m gong target.
Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 6.46.13 PM.jpg

Yes :)

I will openly admit that although my mental calculations were on, I pulled that shot out of my A$$!!!! I just did not want to admit that in front of my PH and the landowner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross