Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA, RMEF
Hunted
US (Utah, Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada. Canada (British Colombia), South Africa (Eastern Cape)
Any person who uses marijuana and goes to a Muslim country (or frankly anywhere they are uncertain of the nation's drug laws) is too stupid to be traveling on their own.

Same as last thread. After 34 yrs in Navy and 50 countries visited, anyone NOT knowing, observing and obeying all foreign countries laws, customs and beliefs deserves what happens. Sorry no real sympathy for people who "act up" in other countries. Warship sailed many a port with dumb ass sailor left behind in jail. That's why we all had port rules and custom briefings prior to going ashore. I do same in civilian life with travel. Know rules and just as important know how to present yourself at ALL times. Being courteous has even opened doors with an invitation that were not normally open. Eating sushi horse in Japan with the No O eye sign on door comes to mind.

MB

The guy should be happy, it was the UAE and not Saudi Arabia. Most folks have no idea of the UAE drug laws. And over the counter drugs here are not there and you are subject to prison time. For example Sudafed.

According to the article he smoked or ate whatever where it was legal in Las Vegas and then traveled.

They don't say how much of a trace that they found but it would be interesting to actually know how much was in his system at the time of testing.

I do agree about knowing what you are doing and where you are going. There are a few stories here in Colorado where it is legal and people try to take it home and get caught when getting onto a airplane.

The guy should be happy, it was the UAE and not Saudi Arabia. Most folks have no idea of the UAE drug laws. And over the counter drugs here are not there and you are subject to prison time. For example Sudafed.

Can’t tell you how many dumbasses get caught transiting between Bahrain (much like the UAE.. pretty tolerant of western expat stupid shit) and Dharhan, Saudi Arabia with weed and other illegal substances on their person...

Pretty common for the oil and gas guys and other expats that work with Aramco and other companies to go to Bahrain for a weekend of fun.. then try to drive back across the bridge to Saudi Arabia with “stuff” they know they shouldn’t try to bring back... get caught.. and then spend months in jail before getting deported and never allowed to enter the kingdom again...

Like a weekly occurrence type common...

According to the article he smoked or ate whatever where it was legal in Las Vegas and then traveled.

They don't say how much of a trace that they found but it would be interesting to actually know how much was in his system at the time of testing.

I do agree about knowing what you are doing and where you are going. There are a few stories here in Colorado where it is legal and people try to take it home and get caught when getting onto a airplane.
I am sure you realize this, but it matters not a whit what is or isn't legal in Colorado. While many Islamic countries are either very tolerant of alcohol or at least accommodating with respect to tourists or expats, the vast majority have zero tolerance for drugs, and the punishments can be rather draconian. Zero means any detection of use.

30 days detection is a reasonable timeframe. If they want to do a hair sample, who knows how long ago they can detect - ???
I have a relative in a control function at a university. They joke about being able to fire someone easily - just send them away for a long weekend in Colorado and drug test them when they get back.

30 days detection is a reasonable timeframe. If they want to do a hair sample, who knows how long ago they can detect - ???
I have a relative in a control function at a university. They joke about being able to fire someone easily - just send them away for a long weekend in Colorado and drug test them when they get back.
Would you please tell your relative not to send their employees here. They need to continue on to Californicate for their “Up in smoke” adventure. The flights to there are cheaper and the marijuana is tested there for purity by the state before it can be sold. There’s nothing for them here! Ha! Ha! Ha!

30 days for a pee test, 180 days for hair. Some folks shave their head, thinking no hair sample, until they are told to hand over a pubic hair. The really smart ones do a complete body shave.

I lost track of how many people I've had to fire because they stopped in Colorado on the way to one of our other jobs sites. Our company policy has always been zero tolerance. It's to the point I can pretty much tell how it's going to go as soon as I announce the test.

I lost track of how many people I've had to fire because they stopped in Colorado on the way to one of our other jobs sites. Our company policy has always been zero tolerance. It's to the point I can pretty much tell how it's going to go as soon as I announce the test.
Well, ban your employees from travelling through and/or staying in Colorado. Please! You can track their location via their phones' GPS feature. We have way too many employees here anyway. It's becoming Californicate East!

30 days for a pee test, 180 days for hair. Some folks shave their head, thinking no hair sample, until they are told to hand over a pubic hair. The really smart ones do a complete body shave.
And if you eat your favorite sandwich roll with poppy seeds before a urine test, you'll pop up hot for opiates. I know a person that happened to. But, of course it was explained and nothing happened HERE. But in some of the countries mentioned in this thread?

Since I really wouldn't have to worry too much about any of it since the last time that I inhaled was well over 30 years ago.

Now if they had a form with a question on when was the last time and that was a reason for not being allowed into a country I am not sure just what I would answer. It's a lot like Canada not allowing US citizens into the country if they have had a DWI even if they have never touched a drop since.

And if you eat your favorite sandwich roll with poppy seeds before a urine test, you'll pop up hot for opiates. I know a person that happened to. But, of course it was explained and nothing happened HERE. But in some of the countries mentioned in this thread?
As someone who has presided over innumerable drug-related non-judicial punishment proceedings, I can assure you the poppy seed bagel is an urban myth.

Last edited:
All the more reason to stay away, far away from any place in the Middle East. Those ragheads could dream up some excuse to bust you for taking a prescribed life saving drug. That's why I fly JFK to JNB direct and back.

As someone who has presided over innumerable drug-related non-judicial punishment proceedings, I can assure you poppy seed bagel is an urban myth.
That's good to know! I guess I was being told a "tall tale" by an acquaintance of a friend who was trying to embellish the conversation at the time. But, I just looked at this on line:

8B587F5E-AB91-4DE9-949F-D282BFC6705A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I really wouldn't have to worry too much about any of it since the last time that I inhaled was well over 30 years ago.

Now if they had a form with a question on when was the last time and that was a reason for not being allowed into a country I am not sure just what I would answer. It's a lot like Canada not allowing US citizens into the country if they have had a DWI even if they have never touched a drop since.
You and Bill Clinton! Oh wait, Wild Bill said he NEVER inhaled? Ha! Ha! Ha!

As someone who has presided over innumerable drug-related non-judicial punishment proceedings, I can assure you the poppy seed bagel is an urban myth.

Having presided over hundreds of probation violation cases for positive UA’s it is not a myth. You can test positive for opiates for up to 48 hours after eating poppy seeds. Sudafed, positive for meth.

See:
Smith Kline v Doe, 903 S.W.2d 247 (Tex. 1995)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg