Bailey Bradshaw falling block double

You meen that if you fire just one barrel it ejects its case and not the unfired one ?
If so, I dont know. Have fired both barrels every time.
Got the rifle very late last fall and havent shot much with it yet.
Have to figure that out.
Snap caps will figure that out pretty quick.

Does the front trigger articulate?
 
You meen that if you fire just one barrel it ejects its case and not the unfired one ?
If so, I dont know. Have fired both barrels every time.
Got the rifle very late last fall and havent shot much with it yet.
Have to figure that out.
Yes. Really don't want to have fired one shot and have a rifle eject both the empty and the unfired round as one reloads for a follow-up.
 
Interesting rifle. Looks like a good shooter. Looks like a sxs Ruger No. 1.
 
My understanding is non selective and depending on the force applied they extract or almost eject. Only "eject" when the barrels are tilted up the action opened with speed or force.
 
The rifle is beautiful and the initial accuracy test result looks good but I agree with @spike.t about the apparent logic of a falling block double. That being said, we all like different toys and I find it part of the fun on this forum.

Please give us a hunting report down the track.
 
Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful wood, outstanding!!
 
The rifle is beautiful and the initial accuracy test result looks good but I agree with @spike.t about the apparent logic of a falling block double. That being said, we all like different toys and I find it part of the fun on this forum.

Please give us a hunting report down the track.
Not everything makes sence and I wanted something different that makes peoples eyebrows go up.
And this peace of machinery looks good and it works.
I have enjoyed the process of ordering it and following its making with the gunsmith.
It took some time but it was worth waiting.
 
Wow, beautiful rifle. I have always liked sxs, rifles, and falling blocks, it's the best of all worlds!
 
Being a No. 1 kind of guy, I think the rifle is brilliant!

But I also understand that it is clearly not for everyone...but what is?
 
Beautiful wood. Nice rifle.
Bruce
 
I have been watching Bailey Bradshaw for some years.

He is a master of his craft.

I have thought for some time that I should commission a rifle soon...so I can enjoy it while I still can.

Then I put a deposit on a hunt...and buy a couple factory rifles...and.....
 
The making of the rifle is as in many cases a mix of craftsmen.
Barrels and action comes from Bailey Bradshaw.
Engraving is made by swedish engraver Stanley Stoltz.
Woodwork and everything else was made by master gunsmith P-O Stenmark from the small village Hjoggböle in the northern part of Sweden.
 
The rifle is beautiful and the initial accuracy test result looks good but I agree with @spike.t about the apparent logic of a falling block double. That being said, we all like different toys and I find it part of the fun on this forum.

Please give us a hunting report down the track.
Thank you [emoji4]
Report are coming.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.14 AM.png
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.18 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 331
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.20 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 360
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.21 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 337
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.23 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 333
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.49.26 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 313
I agree!

Very ingenious design and has some definite advantages.

I keep saying one day I will commission this young man to make me a rifle. Better do it before I am too old to enjoy it, as the time lag is for real!
A little thread revival...

It took nearly 5 years, but I ordered a rising block at DSC last week.

Bailey's booth was right next to John Sharp's...so four days looking at the rifles and talking with Bailey was too much for me.

Have been on the road since the show ended, but as soon as I get home I will be mailing off the Turkish Walnut and a dummy round!
 
A little thread revival...

It took nearly 5 years, but I ordered a rising block at DSC last week.

Bailey's booth was right next to John Sharp's...so four days looking at the rifles and talking with Bailey was too much for me.

Have been on the road since the show ended, but as soon as I get home I will be mailing off the Turkish Walnut and a dummy round!
What caliber?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,430
Messages
1,575,996
Members
170,500
Latest member
ChristelLy
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top